[Canadian Tire] Foodi Ninja@198.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2019 9:05 am
[OP]
Dec 7, 2017
4 posts
5 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Foodi Ninja@198.99

Canadian tire has the Foodi from Ninja @198.99 it was on our buy list as Friend had this, she had brought the same for 300$
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ninj ... 39570.html
Saw the Ninja Foodi @ 219.99 instore @ Coscto Markham,
15 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4454 posts
2557 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I'm pretty sure it costs less at Costco, but I can't remember the price. I saw it last night.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8620 posts
3030 upvotes
Toronto
Melkor wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 2:22 pm
I'm pretty sure it costs less at Costco, but I can't remember the price. I saw it last night.
i don't see the Ninja foodi on the costco.ca website. i only see the air fryer:
Ninja Air Fryer

they have the "foodi" pressure cooker in store?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4454 posts
2557 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 2:30 pm
Ninja Air Fryer

They do at the Stoney Creek, ON location. It was right next to the air fryer. I hadn't noticed it before until yesterday. I'm guessing it's a very new item at Costco.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8620 posts
3030 upvotes
Toronto
Melkor wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 2:35 pm
They do at the Stoney Creek, ON location. It was right next to the air fryer. I hadn't noticed it before until yesterday. I'm guessing it's a very new item at Costco.
curious what the price is. it has 5 stars reviews on the CT site and 4 stars on Amazon. OP mentioned the price was $220 at their local costco
Last edited by ShoNuff2 on Sep 5th, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1365 posts
1282 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 2:43 pm
curious what the price is. it has 5 stars reviews on the CT site and 4 stars on Amazon
Bear in mind that both sites use professional/selected reviewers who receive this unit for $0. IMO this type of rating is a bit inflated compared to the avg of just regular purchasers. Also, CT is collating reviews from Ninja's own website, so that will be a special class of users too. Overall, I've had good products from Ninja though, from blenders to robot vaccuums. They fill that mid-priced product market nicely.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8620 posts
3030 upvotes
Toronto
thelasthunter wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 2:46 pm
Bear in mind that both sites use professional/selected reviewers who receive this unit for $0. IMO this type of rating is a bit inflated compared to the avg of just regular purchasers.
true. always have to keep in mind there are fake reviews out there but it's got high reviews across the board on other sites i checked as well...BBB, Home Depot, etc
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1365 posts
1282 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 2:49 pm
true. always have to keep in mind their are fake reviews out there but it's got high reviews across the board on other sites i checked as well...BBB, Home Depot, etc
Agreed. But I wouldn't exacly call "third party" sponsored reviews fake. Remember, Amazon started this program in order to counter the huge proliferation of directly sponsored reviews, where people got products directly from the manufacturer who expected favourble reviews, so it was quid pro quo. This type of system seriously threatened the intergrity of Amazon reviews and so they banned it outright. Amazon encourages/requires their Vine reviewers to express what they honestly think about the product and to put themsleves in the shoes of the purchaser. Whether that's really possible or not is up for debate and it probably differs from reviewer to reviewer. It's not perfect, but it's better than the situation years ago where it was trully fake reviews from manufacturers or people who got freebies directly from them in exchange for 5 star reviews.
[OP]
Dec 7, 2017
4 posts
5 upvotes
Also a friend shared that today 5th Sept Canadian Tire has the 20X bonus points which means the actual price will be less the 198$
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8620 posts
3030 upvotes
Toronto
thelasthunter wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 2:59 pm
Agreed. But I wouldn't exacly call "third party" sponsored reviews fake. Remember, Amazon started this program in order to counter the huge proliferation of directly sponsored reviews, where people got products directly from the manufacturer who expected favourble reviews, so it was quid pro quo. This type of system seriously threatened the intergrity of Amazon reviews and so they banned it outright. Amazon encourages/requires their Vine reviewers to express what they honestly think about the product and to put themsleves in the shoes of the purchaser. Whether that's really possible or not is up for debate and it probably differs from reviewer to reviewer. It's not perfect, but it's better than the situation years ago where it was trully fake reviews from manufacturers or people who got freebies directly from them in exchange for 5 star reviews.
how much it's occurring i have no idea but i have been informed there is still some quid pro quo (for overly glowing/ fake reviews...however you want to put it) going on. probably much better than before as you mentioned.
regardless, the many positive reviews across many sites should be a good indicator this seems pretty legit.
Mar 17, 2015
246 posts
323 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Question for those of you who actually own the foodi... When it comes to cleaning the lid/top/cover, can it be cleaned effectively? Or, like the tfal actifry, is it not truly cleanable (as it can't be submerged or fully/properly wiped down to remove all grease)?

Also, anyone find a good deal on the larger 8qt version yet?

ps, My local Costco doesn't sell it (been watching for it) but Amazon is matching it right now...
foodi at amazon
Smile at strangers... joy is easier to spread than misery (unless the stranger offers you candy, then run like hell!).
Apr 4, 2017
826 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
whats the diff. between this one and Instapot?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23415 posts
9058 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 2:30 pm
Ninja Air Fryer

Still Creek has it too.

Source: The other Costco poster that doesn't post here any more.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2819 posts
1516 upvotes
Amazon dropped to same price.

I was looking at the bigger version, still $350 though.
Mar 17, 2015
246 posts
323 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Costco just posted it on their website this week (but only the 6.5qt version & price is higher at $249).

Ninja 6.5qt $249

Here's to hoping the get the bigger one in too, otherwise I'll grab the smaller one when price drops once it's at my local Costco...
Smile at strangers... joy is easier to spread than misery (unless the stranger offers you candy, then run like hell!).