Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Free Conventional Oil Change For Triangle Members

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2018 4:50 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1859 posts
2808 upvotes
I wouldn’t trust Canadian Tire “mechanics” to put air in my tires let alone an oil change!
Stay the hell away!
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
Bebo123 wrote: I wouldn’t trust Canadian Tire “mechanics” to put air in my tires let alone an oil change!
Stay the hell away!
People here don't learn until their car gets wrecked. I say let them learn the hard way.
Dec 17, 2010
697 posts
263 upvotes
It is just an oil change not a mission to the Mars Smiling Face With Open Mouth. Certainly a Canadian Tire technician with proper tools and liability insurance is better than individuals doing it in their own garage.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
dealhunter16 wrote: It is just an oil change not a mission to the Mars Smiling Face With Open Mouth. Certainly a Canadian Tire technician with proper tools and liability insurance is better than individuals doing it in their own garage.
This is where you are WRONG. Sorry, but "most" CT technicians are so incompetent, it is not even funny. There are a few exceptions, but those don't usually last too long at CT. Local shops will pick them up.
My father-in-law did a tire changeover once at CT, and they broke a wheel stud, and they didn't even say anything, until he checked the car in the parking lot. They often don't use torque wrenches, and not even torque stix at minimum. I don't expect them to use torque wrench for every tire change (I know it is time consuming), but at least torque stix attached to their impact gun when putting nuts back on. And at least tell a customer if something breaks.

And how many times I'd seen them overtorque drain plugs, and completly stripping the threads in the pan. No thanks.
Sep 27, 2018
1 posts
I had the oil change done on both our vehicles - cost for the 5L engine was $0 - not even an attempt at an upsell and done in 30 min. Cost for the 5.7L engine was $10, that one took longer but it was a busy Saturday. Surprisingly both vehicles are still running, LOL.