• Jan 29th, 2011 1:15 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 5, 2006
829 posts
57 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Canadian Tire - Garrison Allergen Furnace Filters

Garrison Allergen Furnace Filters are on sale for $6.77 this week at Canadian Tire (2 pack), not bad for a cheap pleated furnace filter.

•Pleated air filter for furnaces and central air systems

•MERV 8 efficiency rating

•Allergen filtration - captures pet dander, dust, pollen and mold spores

•Great for households with dust and pets

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3 ... lutions_en
5 replies
Apr 11, 2005
987 posts
62 upvotes
I'm thinking of getting these based on the discussion in the thread I started about the Filtrete filters on sale at Costco, everyone said they restrict airflow too much for non-high efficiency furnaces and aren't worth it unless you need it (i.e. have allergies). Anyways, so perhaps I should get these?
Mar 29, 2006
55 posts
37 upvotes
I've been using these filters for the last couple winters and will buy them again.
Jun 1, 2004
397 posts
26 upvotes
Kanata
deftpunk wrote: I've been using these filters for the last couple winters and will buy them again.
+1. Thanks OP, was looking at these again last week after the Costco thread reminded me that my stock is low, and I was having to use the cheap spares I keep around.
I have tried these out before and was satisfied as a good price/performance step up from the basic filter. I have a high-eff gas furnance and had no problem with these.
Feb 24, 2008
606 posts
16 upvotes
Stephie wrote: I'm thinking of getting these based on the discussion in the thread I started about the Filtrete filters on sale at Costco, everyone said they restrict airflow too much for non-high efficiency furnaces and aren't worth it unless you need it (i.e. have allergies). Anyways, so perhaps I should get these?

I would get which ever is cheaper.
There were one or two posters who claimed these upgrade filters might damage furnace motor, but those were just overly-cautious guesses and estimations, and not based on experiential evidence.
There are NO reports of furnace failures attributable to upgrading filters.

High efficiency furnace is not all that different than older furnaces.
It's just a more recent, more efficient design (a 2011 Chevrolet versus a 1958 Chevrolet type of thing).
The old furnaces will handle Filtrete's as well as any high-efficiency furnaces.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2440 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
thanks op for the heads up...been looking for these filters so that I can stock up!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)