Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] General Store Cast Iron Fry Pan Set, 3-pc for $19.99 (Price valid from Feb 21st - through Feb 27th) YMMV GTA Stores

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2020 5:19 pm
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
384 posts
1588 upvotes
MILTON

[Canadian Tire] General Store Cast Iron Fry Pan Set, 3-pc for $19.99 (Price valid from Feb 21st - through Feb 27th) YMMV GTA Stores

• General Store Cast Iron Fry Pan Set features a non-stick surface
  • Perfect for sauteeing braising, baking, frying, roasting, simmering and seasing
  • Start cooking on the stove and then finish it off in the oven with this great pan
  • Compatible with induction stovetops
  • Sturdy, moveable, versatile and elegant in your kitchen
  • Pre-seasoned cooking surface helps prevent sticking
  • Oversized handles for easy and secure lifting
  • Easy to clean and rust free
  • Distributes heat evenly
  • 3 piece set includes a 6", 7.25" and 10 " pan
Last edited by immad01 on Feb 20th, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 replies
Apr 23, 2016
258 posts
262 upvotes
Kelowna
Regular price: $7000

- Canadian Tire Cookware
Jul 4, 2016
26 posts
14 upvotes
I would worry about this: "Oven Safe Maximum Temperature: 350°F (177°C)" That seem pretty low for Cast Iron....
Sep 5, 2004
290 posts
12 upvotes
Calgary
These are not the same quality as the Lagostina ones or Lodge. Save your money and buy the Lodge or Lagosina pans.
Sep 9, 2003
689 posts
458 upvotes
RealGambler wrote: I would worry about this: "Oven Safe Maximum Temperature: 350°F (177°C)" That seem pretty low for Cast Iron....
It's most likely just to preserve your seasoning. I wouldn't worry about temperatures in a home environment.
Jul 4, 2016
26 posts
14 upvotes
kfunluc wrote: It's most likely just to preserve your seasoning. I wouldn't worry about temperatures in a home environment.
I guess if somebody doesn't know how to re-season cast iron, it's a good tip, but if that's the case, they should not buy cast iron to start with.... Seriously, I was wondering if that was an error, or if that was a sign of low quality cast iron. Who knows, maybe those who bought one in the past will be able to chime in.