Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Gerber Ripstop II Knife $12.49 (75% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2021 6:12 pm
Aug 29, 2017
771 posts
3194 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Gerber Ripstop II Knife $12.49 (75% off)

Gerber Ripstop II Fine Edge Folding Knife delivers a small pocket knife with stainless steel construction
Features a thin, streamlined design with dual thumb stud for left or right handed opening
Super-lightweight frame lock for high functionality

Stocktrack:
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=3750210
14 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1298 posts
1417 upvotes
Abbotsford
Good size knife for scouts or girl guides. Good value.
May 22, 2014
491 posts
446 upvotes
DanielM491 wrote: Good size knife for scouts or girl guides. Good value.
thats not a knife
this is a knife
Nov 1, 2020
111 posts
139 upvotes
Decent knife for the price, but for practical use, its a short blade and apparently poor handle design. Sucks, I really wanted to like this and buy it but its a pass.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1148 posts
390 upvotes
Kitchener
Before Halloween I learned that kids are not allowed to bring knife to school... My son brought it for pumpkin carving :) and got in trouble.

PS. I didn't attend school in Canada :)
DanielM491 wrote: Good size knife for scouts or girl guides. Good value.
Слава Україні!
Mar 11, 2019
870 posts
876 upvotes
My friend brought his 22 to school (for show and tell) back in 1968 and got sent home with it. Wasnt a big deal. Most pickup trucks had a gun rack with a gun. Rich people had more that 1 gun in the rack. People didnt lock there doors. Was a different time.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2009
2168 posts
1901 upvotes
Brampton
ATOMANTMAN wrote: My friend brought his 22 to school (for show and tell) back in 1968 and got sent home with it. Wasnt a big deal. Most pickup trucks had a gun rack with a gun. Rich people had more that 1 gun in the rack. People didnt lock there doors. Was a different time.
Ahhh the good old days
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2013
1332 posts
663 upvotes
Chambly, QC
It’s a very nice knife with a nice blade.
I have it on me as soon as I’m wearing a jean.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1500 posts
2329 upvotes
Steel is 5Cr15MoV and very low end, but the price is good. Goinf forward with whwt the UK does and the fact Canada clamped down on many styles of knives in 2017, won't be long until any small blade is frowned upon.
Jun 9, 2018
222 posts
336 upvotes
I bought this today as well as the Gerber air ranger that was on clearance for $20. The ripstop is wierd and uncomfortable to hold. The handle is thin and feels like you are holding a dull blade not a handle. It digs into your hand. I'll keep it for $12 because it's not worth the time to return it but I wouldn't buy it again. The air ranger is a lot better feeling in the hand but it is still a little small for my hand.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1298 posts
1417 upvotes
Abbotsford
Harold91 wrote: Steel is 5Cr15MoV and very low end, but the price is good. Goinf forward with whwt the UK does and the fact Canada clamped down on many styles of knives in 2017, won't be long until any small blade is frowned upon.
Fair point. But stabbings have been a massive issue in the UK. So they have taken steps to reduce supply. Canada doesn't have a huge stabby problem, so I would not bet on restrictions for pocket knives (of this style) any time soon.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
Not a horrible knife i picked one up to add to our collection and i agree the handle is very uncomfortable and for price ill keep it.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
ATOMANTMAN wrote: My friend brought his 22 to school (for show and tell) back in 1968 and got sent home with it. Wasnt a big deal. Most pickup trucks had a gun rack with a gun. Rich people had more that 1 gun in the rack. People didnt lock there doors. Was a different time.
Back in the early 80s my friend and I walked from his house to mine (along a busy street) brandishing my brother's replica 1911 Colt 45. A guy saw us with it. We said 'it's fake'. He shrugged and kept walking. :)

I know I'm looking back with rose-coloured glasses, but I do miss those times. I shudder to think what would've happened if we did that today.
Mar 11, 2019
870 posts
876 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: Back in the early 80s my friend and I walked from his house to mine (along a busy street) brandishing my brother's replica 1911 Colt 45. A guy saw us with it. We said 'it's fake'. He shrugged and kept walking. :)

I know I'm looking back with rose-coloured glasses, but I do miss those times. I shudder to think what would've happened if we did that today.
A girl was dressed as a imperial storm trooper for a restaurant promotion and the xops gave her a bloody nose and slammed her to the ground. She had a toy ray gun and someone called the cops and they came out in force.