• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2021 7:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2001
1455 posts
165 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Heritage The Rock Non-Stick Frying Pans and Pots

Canadian Tire has the Heritage The Rock Non-Stick Frying pans on sale again. Picked up 8" and 10" frying pans for $20 and $25 respectively.

One thing to note though, there appears to be a newer version of the frying pans that are induction stove compatible (metal base). I was lucky enough to get the newer model which I don't think are actually on sale.
73 replies
Jun 1, 2017
462 posts
316 upvotes
Mississauga
The typical mark up before the mark down by CT

Ya right these are regularly $120.
Sep 21, 2008
578 posts
801 upvotes
I found the coating to wear off surprisingly quickly. Lasted 2 years with moderate use.
Oct 31, 2010
679 posts
495 upvotes
Edmonton
buriboi wrote: I found the coating to wear off surprisingly quickly. Lasted 2 years with moderate use.
Ours warped after a couple years.
Sep 21, 2008
578 posts
801 upvotes
I also have the pots. Can't cook my precious stovetop popcorn in it because the base is so thin it warps during cooking and causes horrible cooking
darkstar107 wrote: Ours warped after a couple years.
Mar 7, 2011
57 posts
217 upvotes
Niagara
darkstar107 wrote: Ours warped after a couple years.
Ours did too. 3 year warranty. Save the receipt and exchange it after 2 years when it warps.

"WARRANTY
This product carries a 3 year exchange warranty redeemable at any Canadian Tire store."
Nov 6, 2003
937 posts
59 upvotes
Edmonton
sonyminidiscman wrote: not sure if brands make a difference... walmart sells almost the same thing and its regular price

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/starfrit-t ... 0199467820
When I was shopping for non-stick pans, I read reviews saying the Starfrit brand Rock pans were worse than the Heritage brand. Not exactly objective, but I bought the Heritage ones anyhow cause CT had an amazing sale at the time.
Click on these links to see my Heatware evals and my eBay.ca feedback summary.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2252 posts
534 upvotes
Halton
costy11 wrote: Ours did too. 3 year warranty. Save the receipt and exchange it after 2 years when it warps.

"WARRANTY
This product carries a 3 year exchange warranty redeemable at any Canadian Tire store."
No question asked? I never did that, always threw it out after every 8 months.
Mar 7, 2011
57 posts
217 upvotes
Niagara
Fire wrote: No question asked? I never did that, always threw it out after every 8 months.
Yes pretty much, as long as you have the receipt. I had to exchange the first one twice because it warped.
I like how the pan cooks when it works, so I bought another when it was on sale and saved the receipt.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3351 posts
5022 upvotes
Langley, BC
Canadian Tire "The Rock" = crap and thin

Costco "The Rock" = much better, thicker, do not warp, etc...
Jun 22, 2006
76 posts
19 upvotes
steven80 wrote: Canadian Tire "The Rock" = crap and thin

Costco "The Rock" = much better, thicker, do not warp, etc...
Definitely second this. 7 years ago got the 2 pack from Costco. We use the 10" regularly, and after 3.5-4 years it was sticking a decent amount so we replaced it last year with one from CT. It's already feeling bad to cook with, like the Costco one did after 3.5-4 years. (it's also noticeably lighter)

The 12" is still going strong from Costco.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1886 posts
355 upvotes
Alberta
How are you guys warping these? The 8" one i have has a pretty thick base!
Still sits flat, but yeah, not the best functionality anymore after 5 years. Hasn't flaked, but not as non stick anymore.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
16057 posts
17356 upvotes
Oakville
Is this pan free of PTFE and PFOA? I think I'm over using forever chemicals in cooking (at least as much as I can).
If not, any good alternatives other than cast iron?

Features thick, forged aluminum bases for quick and even heat distribution - guaranteed to never warp
This product carries a 3 year exchange warranty redeemable at any Canadian Tire store. '
lol
Apr 11, 2020
190 posts
308 upvotes
Chingyul wrote: How are you guys warping these? The 8" one i have has a pretty thick base!
Still sits flat, but yeah, not the best functionality anymore after 5 years. Hasn't flaked, but not as non stick anymore.
Cheap pots/pans warp when the user tries to heat them up too quickly, which is what most people do, including my wife, even after constant reminders. It's impatience plain and simple. Heat it up on med-medhigh, it won't warp. Heat it up on high, it'll warp quickly, especially if you forget about it for too long
Apr 1, 2011
223 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
Windyt wrote: Cheap pots/pans warp when the user tries to heat them up too quickly, which is what most people do, including my wife, even after constant reminders. It's impatience plain and simple. Heat it up on med-medhigh, it won't warp. Heat it up on high, it'll warp quickly, especially if you forget about it for too long
Totally agree! Non stick cookware needs proper care and use to last longer and cook safely without releasing chemicals.Unfortunately, some family members just don't bother to understand when they cook and that has driven me nuts!!

I used to own a $200 non stick frying pan from Costco that is supposed to be super durable - but I have a family member who always uses it on high heat and it became not just sticky after just a few months but the coating looks burned like hell! So I have insisted them to use only stainless steel and iron wok ever since. I don't want to eat chemicals in every meals, everyday.