Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Highly Rated Continental TrueContact Tour Tires - 25% Discount

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2021 1:49 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2773 posts
1468 upvotes
Montréal, QC
damn... I'm still on my winter tires....
May 2, 2007
355 posts
245 upvotes
YVR
I think these are sold exclusively at Canadian Tire in Canada. However, they are available in the US and there are reviews.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... ntact+Tour

blackice168 wrote: This is a highly rated tire on Canadian tire since this tire is produced by Continental for Canadian Tire exclusively.

https://www.continentaltire.ca/car/tires/truecontact

please note if you ever have need a replacement for any reason, Canadian tire is your only source for these tires.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1102 posts
116 upvotes
Markham/RH/Scarb
My main point is that if you get a flat down the line that is not repairable that you're limiting where you can get a replacement.

I agree they do have them in the States but your local tire guy in Canada will not have these or will not be able to get them from their tire distributor.. Now if you got a flat in the States.. That's another case.
kenchar wrote: I think these are sold exclusively at Canadian Tire in Canada. However, they are available in the US and there are reviews.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... ntact+Tour
Feb 17, 2019
104 posts
93 upvotes
clseea wrote: It's a tire install, not an engine rebuild. Even your 98 Neon will be ok
Hah, you would think. I went in thinking the same thing, even took off the wheels for them to install so they didn't have to touch the car. But alas despite handing things to them on a silver platter they still found something to mess up on.
Oct 16, 2007
259 posts
99 upvotes
Anyone have any feedback or experience with Cooper Discoverer True North Winter Tires that CT sells? Seems about $200 cheaper than the Bridgestone Blizzaks I got at Costco last month.

This is not considering the $200 online voucher I got from Costco (not finding anything to spend it on just yet). The $15CT on $100 or more spend could add another $60. It's pretty close if you consider the voucher, otherwise the Cooper price is quite a bit better.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2226 posts
1299 upvotes
Vancouver
Dollarr wrote: How is this deal compared to BlackCircles?
blackcircles-winter-tires-michelin-x-ic ... 1-2483010/

Maybe a stupid question, but does these tires come with alloys too?
What brand and model are you comparing this to. Tires have a wide range of categories from ultra high performance to touring to budget tires and everything in between and prices have just as wide a range.

Tires never come with wheels unless you buy tires and wheels in a package.
Oct 7, 2020
178 posts
285 upvotes
kev604 wrote: What brand and model are you comparing this to. Tires have a wide range of categories from ultra high performance to touring to budget tires and everything in between and prices have just as wide a range.

Tires never come with wheels unless you buy tires and wheels in a package.
I was asking in general. What about this CT Tires or Costcoor Black Circles(Michelin X-Ice Snow & Conti Viking Contact 7) where deals were around $600-700, does that include wheels?
Tire with wheels would save a lot of time while replacing tires.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
6193 posts
4046 upvotes
Toronto
Dollarr wrote: I was asking in general. What about this CT Tires or Costcoor Black Circles(Michelin X-Ice Snow & Conti Viking Contact 7) where deals were around $600-700, does that include wheels?
1. None of the deals come with rims

2. You're comparing winter and "all-season" tires, not really interchangeable.
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2226 posts
1299 upvotes
Vancouver
Dollarr wrote: I was asking in general. What about this CT Tires or Costcoor Black Circles(Michelin X-Ice Snow & Conti Viking Contact 7) where deals were around $600-700, does that include wheels?
Yeah man this is an all season tire blackcircles people talking about snow tires. Apples and Oranges.
Dec 14, 2020
4 posts
2 upvotes
According to the Canadian Tire website installing new tires purchased at Canadian tire is free and it comes with 6-year warranty, but their sales reps will ask to do balancing or anything else on top, also push you to buy their premium warranty for $50 more
Oct 7, 2020
178 posts
285 upvotes
BeaverLiquor wrote: 1. None of the deals come with rims

2. You're comparing winter and "all-season" tires, not really interchangeable.
kev604 wrote: Yeah man this is an all season tire blackcircles people talking about snow tires. Apples and Oranges.
Oh I see, thanks!
I need winter tires. Where can I buy Winter tires with rims?
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2226 posts
1299 upvotes
Vancouver
Dollarr wrote: Oh I see, thanks!
I need winter tires. Where can I buy Winter tires with rims?
Quattro tires, 1010 tires, Costco, Canadian Tire all sell tire and wheel packages Costco sometimes has decent deal on tire and wheel packages but outside of that best to buy tires and wheels separately for better prices and better selection.

If your looking for steelies and have a newer car I recommend checking with the dealer for prices first as sometimes dealer prices aren't much more than third party other benefit of buying steelies from the dealer the steelies will be hubcentric whereas third party steel wheels will be lug centric benefit of hubcentric is basically the wheel will be sitting on the hub which is how it is suppose to sit.
Oct 7, 2020
178 posts
285 upvotes
kev604 wrote: Quattro tires, 1010 tires, Costco, Canadian Tire all sell tire and wheel packages Costco sometimes has decent deal on tire and wheel packages but outside of that best to buy tires and wheels separately for better prices and better selection.

If your looking for steelies and have a newer car I recommend checking with the dealer for prices first as sometimes dealer prices aren't much more than third party other benefit of buying steelies from the dealer the steelies will be hubcentric whereas third party steel wheels will be lug centric benefit of hubcentric is basically the wheel will be sitting on the hub which is how it is suppose to sit.
Thanks. When buying on costco.ca, how do I make sure it includes wheels? I remember I was browsing on costco or black circles and I checked the box that I need wheels and in the end price was the same of tires only. Not sure what went wrong.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2226 posts
1299 upvotes
Vancouver
Dollarr wrote: Thanks. When buying on costco.ca, how do I make sure it includes wheels? I remember I was browsing on costco or black circles and I checked the box that I need wheels and in the end price was the same of tires only. Not sure what went wrong.
Costco goes through a third party seller for wheels so you should get redirected to the sellers website.
Aug 13, 2006
472 posts
225 upvotes
Cokenrumholdtherum wrote: I can't tell if you're being honest or trolling or it's a code I can't decipher LOL.
Likewise. What I want to know is if Joe is a real person or just a secret code word that they use to give VIP service. If you try it out..please report back.
Jan 21, 2017
471 posts
321 upvotes
I've owned these tires for about 70K now and they are nothing special. Not going to do anywhere near the 125K rating. Average tire at best. Will not buy again.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2580 posts
3644 upvotes
GTA
This post isn't related to this deal, but shopping for tires in general.
tl;dr call around (your phone can also make voice calls, try it sometime kids Face With Tears Of Joy) and let them know you're shopping around; you'll get much better prices

I've had great success with Kal-tire on the last few sets of both all-season and winters I've bought (Michelin A/S *2 and Nokian * 1).
Find the tire size you need. For almost everybody, this is the same as you have today. Look on the side of your existing tire. It is something like 215/65-R16 (215 is the width in mm, 65 is the aspect ratio (height as % of width), and 16 is the rim size in inches).
Do some research on what tires you want. There is no perfect tire. You can get a high performance summer tire, but they don't last long and can't handle any snow/ice/frost. You can get a long wearing tire, but it won't have as good traction. And in the middle are a bunch of all-season tires: some are more sporty (better traction), some are longer lasting, some are ok in winter/some are less ok, some are cheaper, etc. Find reviews of tires from people in a similar geography as you who drive similar to you.
Look up the price online for your car/tire size first. That's the price other people pay.
Then call around and ask for the price. If they quote you the online price, let them politely know you're looking for a deal, which is why you are shopping around. Good shops then rework their numbers to make a sale. Even dealers sometimes run sales, though they usually can't compete with tire shops on price (but they may be able to on a wheel+winter tire package).

I got the lowest prices from Kal-tire on all these sets; cheaper than 1010Tires or SimplyTire and way less than Costco, plus it includes their road-hazard warranty (not used it yet, wish I had it in the past). Kal might not be cheaper anymore, but the shopping tips still apply.
When I run the numbers for what I'm buying, and add mounting/balancing, I've never had a reason to buy from tirerack.com.
Jul 16, 2009
267 posts
99 upvotes
Aroan2 wrote: According to the Canadian Tire website installing new tires purchased at Canadian tire is free and it comes with 6-year warranty, but their sales reps will ask to do balancing or anything else on top, also push you to buy their premium warranty for $50 more
Can you provide me a link to this? I can't seem to find it on their site.

On another note, BlackCircles still cheaper than CanadianTire assuming you're getting it installed at some shop. CandianTire charges about $34 a tire ($28 for tire installation and $6 for the weights), at least at my area.