Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Highly Rated Continental TrueContact Tour Tires - 25% Discount

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2021 1:49 pm
Sr. Member
Oct 29, 2016
659 posts
414 upvotes
Hauntednsk wrote: I guess you can find some small shops who can install 4 tires for $60.
Any suggestions in Toronto? I haven’t been able to to better than $100.
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 24, 2020
743 posts
2011 upvotes
User381589 wrote: Any suggestions in Toronto? I haven’t been able to to better than $100.
No suggestions in Toronto, sorry.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2156 posts
222 upvotes
Where is the 15$ money on $100 dollars spent?
Member
Aug 28, 2007
497 posts
163 upvotes
I had 4 of these tires installed on my car a few years ago. Couldn't get rid of the vibration they caused after several balances and a road force balance. Car was perfectly smooth before I got these installed. Turfed them a year later. I do not recommend them!
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1814 posts
2652 upvotes
VANCOUVER
billandmeltoo wrote: I had 4 of these tires installed on my car a few years ago. Couldn't get rid of the vibration they caused after several balances and a road force balance. Car was perfectly smooth before I got these installed. Turfed them a year later. I do not recommend them!
Probably a shit install job by crappy tire. I also have four of these installed and they have been great. No vibration or road noise problems.

These are "exclusive" to Canadian Tire but probably the same tire (the thread pattern looks the same) as the highly rated TrueContact Tour which is #3 in the consumer reports tire ratings.
Screenshot_20210825-112558.png

Originally they were even good enough for the odd Vancouver snow we get every couple of years but I ended up getting dedicated snow tires for since I have been going to the interior more often during the winter.
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 24, 2020
743 posts
2011 upvotes
billandmeltoo wrote: I had 4 of these tires installed on my car a few years ago. Couldn't get rid of the vibration they caused after several balances and a road force balance. Car was perfectly smooth before I got these installed. Turfed them a year later. I do not recommend them!
I had these tires a couple of years ago, no complaints. Quiet, soft ride and good traction on wet road. Very good tire for its price. Installed tires at CT and had no vibration.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2156 posts
222 upvotes
Anyone have these on the civic, the vibrations are a concern. May need to dish out the extra cash and get some Michelins.

What do you guys recommend on a civic EX 10th gen?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 3, 2007
2227 posts
1302 upvotes
Vancouver
reggyDeal wrote: Anyone have these on the civic, the vibrations are a concern. May need to dish out the extra cash and get some Michelins.

What do you guys recommend on a civic EX 10th gen?
Are you looking for an all season tire? Do you value performance more or are you looking for a touring tire that will give a nicer ride? Does it rain alot where you live if it does you need to choose a tire accordingly. Choose a tire based on your needs not based on the price.
Member
Jun 6, 2018
312 posts
414 upvotes
I have bought a lot of tires from Canadian tire but always take them to my local mechanic to install and balance. Cost's $60. I have seen and heard too many horror stories of rims getting marked up and poor balancing results.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2156 posts
222 upvotes
captainjay09 wrote: I have bought a lot of tires from Canadian tire but always take them to my local mechanic to install and balance. Cost's $60. I have seen and heard too many horror stories of rims getting marked up and poor balancing results.
Are the tire prices in Canadian tire flyers/website include install/balance?
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2156 posts
222 upvotes
kev604 wrote: Are you looking for an all season tire? Do you value performance more or are you looking for a touring tire that will give a nicer ride? Does it rain alot where you live if it does you need to choose a tire accordingly. Choose a tire based on your needs not based on the price.
I want a quiet ride. So comfort more important than performance.
Member
Jun 6, 2018
312 posts
414 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote: Are the tire prices in Canadian tire flyers/website include install/balance?
No, price shown is just the tire
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 3, 2007
2227 posts
1302 upvotes
Vancouver
reggyDeal wrote: I want a quiet ride. So comfort more important than performance.
I hesitate to recommend you any specific tire since my personal experience is with high performance summer and all season tires and premium snow tires. I suggest looking for tires in the premium touring category. Usually touring tires will sacrifice some performance for a quieter and softer ride and slightly better treadwear.
Newbie
Mar 23, 2007
13 posts
4 upvotes
L9r0a7
I have these tires on my Vibe. Good experience so far - comparable to my Michelin MXV4 tires I had previously. Very quiet. Maybe a bit soft compared to the MXV4s. I use winter tires, so no idea how they are in the snow.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2005
3221 posts
1193 upvotes
Lévis
Clee wrote: damn... I'm still on my winter tires....
Très mauvaise idée. En été, les pneus d'hiver fondent...comme neige au soleil. Le caoutchouc est fait pour du -10, pas pour du +20.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2005
2789 posts
1480 upvotes
Montréal, QC
SPARTACVS wrote: Très mauvaise idée. En été, les pneus d'hiver fondent...comme neige au soleil. Le caoutchouc est fait pour du -10, pas pour du +20.
Oui je sais, mais mon bazou sort très rarement depuis le covid.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)