Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

[HOT] Ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control ($129.93)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2023 1:21 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1724 posts
611 upvotes
Montreal

[Canadian Tire] [HOT] Ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control ($129.93)

Canadian Tire is liquidating these Ecobee models.
They were sold at $149.93 a few months ago and are now $129.93; same price as recent Amazon sale.
Original price was $289.99 (if you see this price, it's because your store is OOS. Check StockTrack below)

These are pretty hot if you can find stock (no down vote for stock pls Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes), especially that Canadian Tire is an Ecobee authorized seller!
https://www.ecobee.com/en-ca/where-to-buy/

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ecob ... 9396p.html
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0529396
Images
  • Screenshot_20230107_043632_Gallery.jpg
70 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1960 posts
1063 upvotes
Thanks op.

Also back on sale at Amazon 130 [...]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 7th, 2023 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: amazon app inserts a shortened link and shortened links are not allowed
Jul 6, 2005
382 posts
169 upvotes
I would like to see the Ecobee 3 Premium closer to this price.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1724 posts
611 upvotes
Montreal
wakka2u wrote: Thanks op.

Nice!!

Hopefully it'll stay longer than previously!
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 7th, 2023 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2311 posts
358 upvotes
North York
Recently got the Nest thermostat for 129.99 less 75$ rebate from Embridge, so that's $60ish
May 28, 2018
242 posts
315 upvotes
wakka2u wrote: Thanks op.

Real MVP post. This price has been listed for some time at Canadian Tire around me and it's all phantom stock
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 7th, 2023 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Aug 3, 2005
653 posts
276 upvotes
Whats the difference between this and Smart Thermostat Enhanced?

I just got the enhanced and have not opened it. they dont have the one op posted for side by side comparison in their site.
-----------------
Chatted with them, seems like this one is the more premium one and supports more senarios, enhanced only has better and bigger screen and newer.
May 28, 2018
242 posts
315 upvotes
canadatoronto wrote: Whats the difference between this and Smart Thermostat Enhanced?

I just got the enhanced and have not opened it. they dont have the one op posted for side by side comparison in their site.
-----------------
Chatted with them, seems like this one is the more premium one and supports more senarios, enhanced only has better and bigger screen and newer.
I did a bit of looking over the past few weeks and this seems to be a no brainer at this price, which includes the extra sensor. A good deal on the Lite would be cool too but from what I understand this model has the better processor and future-proofing
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38220 posts
24399 upvotes
Center of Universe
canadatoronto wrote: Whats the difference between this and Smart Thermostat Enhanced?

-----------------
No, the chat rep is incorrect.
The enhanced version is the better model that also has a built-in air quality sensor.
This voice version has Alexa, which doesn’t make it better.
Jun 7, 2007
918 posts
451 upvotes
Richmond Hill
vkizzle wrote: No, the chat rep is incorrect.
The enhanced version is the better model that also has a built-in air quality sensor.
Only the premium has air quality sensor. The enhanced version is more like an upgraded ecobee 3 lite with an upgraded screen and upgraded radar occupancy sensor.

This one has more features I believe, even though it is last gen. Of course the premium has most features but if you don't need the air quality sensor and upgraded radar occupancy sensor, with this price it's no brainer.
May 28, 2018
242 posts
315 upvotes
No, the Premium has the air quality sensor, the Enhanced does not. The naming of their devices is terrible though.
Aug 3, 2005
653 posts
276 upvotes
Enhanced does not have air quality sensor, premium has.

Basically enhanced is the lite version + better screen and radar feature

In other hand what OP posted has everything current premium has minues these :air quality sensor, bigger screen, zinc body and instead of radar it has infra red to detect if room is occupied.

OP model (like current premium) supports 2 transformers setup and separate humidifier but enhanced can only support systems sharing 1 transformer.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2007
3563 posts
646 upvotes
Boo my CT has stock but listed online at $250

Would this be much of an upgrade over original ecobee3 ? And would it use same wall mount?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38220 posts
24399 upvotes
Center of Universe
25jai wrote: Only the premium has air quality sensor. The enhanced version is more like an upgraded ecobee 3 lite with an upgraded screen and upgraded radar occupancy sensor.

This one has more features I believe, even though it is last gen. Of course the premium has most features but if you don't need the air quality sensor and upgraded radar occupancy sensor, with this price it's no brainer.
canadatoronto wrote: Enhanced does not have air quality sensor, premium has.

Basically enhanced is the lite version + better screen and radar feature

In other hand what OP posted has everything current premium has minues these :air quality sensor, bigger screen, zinc body and instead of radar it has infra red to detect if room is occupied.

OP model (like current premium) supports 2 transformers setup and separate humidifier but enhanced can only support systems sharing 1 transformer.
Yeah, I mixed it up with the premium model.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12281 posts
6066 upvotes
I bought 1 of these along with the 3 lite for 79,99 clearance both back in august or September.
Seems like a decent machine but there iu app sucks. Honestly compared to my honeywell wifi thermostat i see no advantages.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38220 posts
24399 upvotes
Center of Universe
blazed16 wrote: I bought 1 of these along with the 3 lite for 79,99 clearance both back in august or September.
Seems like a decent machine but there iu app sucks. Honestly compared to my honeywell wifi thermostat i see no advantages.
The ecobee system as a whole is great for home automation, especially with the individuals sensors.
If simply needing a wifi tstat, any type that can control all your hvac equipment would suffice.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1650 posts
841 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Will this work with oil fired hot water baseboard? My current honeywell is not smart lol. I only have 2 wire to it now R and C and the Honeywell works on batteries I assume I would need to run another wire or use the power adapter which would look dumb,

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)