Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] HOT! Henckels Fine Edge Forged Knife Block Set 14-pc $99.99 Dec 7-13

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 7:02 pm
[OP]
Sep 5, 2016
115 posts
396 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] HOT! Henckels Fine Edge Forged Knife Block Set 14-pc $99.99 Dec 7-13

Canadian Tire exclusive deal from Dec 7 to Dec 13, Henckels Fine Edge Forged II Knife 14 pcs Block Set (Single Guy though) for $99.99 down from original $399.99.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/henck ... p.html#srp

FEATURES
* Henckels Fine Edge Forged Knife Block Set is a must have for any kitchen
* Full tang and bolster contributes weight and balance to the knife
* Satin finish blade crafted from high carbon, stainless steel
* Synthetic resin handle scales are contoured for comfort and control
* Dishwasher safe, handwashing recommended
* Set includes: 3" paring knife, 5" tomato knife, 6" utility knife, 7" santoku knife, 8" chef's knife, six 4.5" steak knives, 9" sharpening steel, kitchen shears and black hardwood storage block
* Exclusive to Canadian Tire

18 replies
May 28, 2007
91 posts
65 upvotes
CALGARY
not a deal at all

regular price at Bed Bath & Beyond
and you can probably use that 20% off coupon that's in the mail all the time, making it $79.99

I could be wrong, but I believe i have seen this for $40~$60.
May 28, 2007
91 posts
65 upvotes
CALGARY
milkmilk wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 6:21 pm
not a deal at all

and you can probably use that 20% off coupon that's in the mail all the time, making it $79.99

oops, your set is better. But still, don't spend $100 on Henckels International stuff. They are nowhere near the quality of Twin Zwilling Henckels products.
Jan 19, 2017
308 posts
257 upvotes
milkmilk wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 6:21 pm
not a deal at all

This is a different set. Look at the handle construction, the blade descriptions (size), the fact it comes with a $30 sharpening steel, and *exclusive to canadian tire tag. I'm no knife expert, but I watched at least 8 episodes of forged in fire on history, which is enough to determine the Canadian Tire set is better. haha
Jan 19, 2017
308 posts
257 upvotes
BTW, I would highly recommend hand washing AND DRYING these knives instead of dishwashing. Like many forged knives, they're prone to rusting.
Mar 6, 2017
19 posts
3 upvotes
rtookey wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 6:31 pm
This is a different set. Look at the handle construction, the blade descriptions (size), the fact it comes with a $30 sharpening steel, and *exclusive to canadian tire tag. I'm no knife expert, but I watched at least 8 episodes of forged in fire on history, which is enough to determine the Canadian Tire set is better. haha
The Canadian Tire set is perfect for $99 and I agree the fact it comes with the honing steel makes it much better even at $80 with the 20% coupon for the BBB set

the zwilling ones are substantially more expensive. As long as you have the honing steel and the handle feels comfortable these knives are more than adequate.

And yes hand washing and drying is key!
Dec 8, 2009
594 posts
105 upvotes
I think these are China made crappy knives with Brand stamp.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
6652 posts
1786 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
dpacto wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 7:19 pm
The Canadian Tire set is perfect for $99 and I agree the fact it comes with the honing steel makes it much better even at $80 with the 20% coupon for the BBB set

the zwilling ones are substantially more expensive. As long as you have the honing steel and the handle feels comfortable these knives are more than adequate.

And yes hand washing and drying is key!
I wouldn't say that Zwillings are substantially more expensive... there was a deal posted here recently for a 4-star Twin set for $160 (with coupon) at Bed Bath and Beyond. It's a smaller set as it doesn't include the steak knives but the 4-stars are a much better kitchen knife set.
Mar 6, 2017
19 posts
3 upvotes
craftsman wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 7:25 pm
I wouldn't say that Zwillings are substantially more expensive... there was a deal posted here recently for a 4-star Twin set for $160 (with coupon) at Bed Bath and Beyond. It's a smaller set as it doesn't include the steak knives but the 4-stars are a much better kitchen knife set.
The steak knives add no value but even then the $99 set is still a better value for the majority of people. The one for $160 again didn't have the honing steel- that's really the most important piece for a knife set so you buy the honing steel and again it's double the price- hardly worth it.

most restaurants- all the knives are those crappy Nella ones and they are very durable- imo it's all marketing

The only way someone needs to spend extra money on knives is for a very good boning or fillet knife since those are jobs that require a lot of precision other than that spending over $100 on a set is just to make your kitchen nicer
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1235 posts
215 upvotes
GTA
I have one of this set (or similar) for almost 7 years, frankly never took care of them, washing them in machine, never dry them and using 5",6" almost everyday, no issue at all
they might last for ever! (and I hope not) because it's kinda boring having the same set for a long time!!
I found a nice one in BAY as well, don't know it's still on sale or not
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2433 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Are these better than the global g2?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
6652 posts
1786 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
dpacto wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:04 pm
The one for $160 again didn't have the honing steel- that's really the most important piece for a knife set so you buy the honing steel and again it's double the price- hardly worth it.
You might want to check that information as according to the website, it does - >TWIN 9" Sharpening steel
May 28, 2007
91 posts
65 upvotes
CALGARY
rtookey wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 6:31 pm
you are right. and I noticed too, hence the second post.
The handle construction is superior with the smooth transition that's more hygienic, and easier to handle and clean.
"exclusive to Crappy Tire" adds no value however.
$99 is an okay price, and is certainly enough as a starter set for any regular kitchen. I wouldn't feel completely ripped off buying the set.

However, after watching 8 episodes of steel forging, you should probably understand the importance of workmanship and precision of steel chemistry's role in knives.
Henckels International products are made in China, and so should be considered a completely different brand from the real Twin Zwilling Henckels products.

I'm not saying this set is bad, just don't factor in the Henckels brand in your decision making
Jan 19, 2017
308 posts
257 upvotes
milkmilk wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:42 am
you are right. and I noticed too, hence the second post.
The handle construction is superior with the smooth transition that's more hygienic, and easier to handle and clean.
"exclusive to Crappy Tire" adds no value however.
$99 is an okay price, and is certainly enough as a starter set for any regular kitchen. I wouldn't feel completely ripped off buying the set.

However, after watching 8 episodes of steel forging, you should probably understand the importance of workmanship and precision of steel chemistry's role in knives.
Henckels International products are made in China, and so should be considered a completely different brand from the real Twin Zwilling Henckels products.

I'm not saying this set is bad, just don't factor in the Henckels brand in your decision making
Completely agree. This set will be better than a walmart $40 set, but not close to the Twin Zwillings. I only mention "exclusive to CT" as that would mean BBaB wouldnt be able to sell it. I saw your second post after i posted the response. Either way, "It will cut" haha