• Feb 3rd, 2018 2:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5552 posts
3132 upvotes
Ottawa

[Canadian Tire] Hot - Manna 17 oz insulated bottles - $9.99

A very good price for a very good insulated bottle. Sale starts tomorrow.

22 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20561 posts
7696 upvotes
Socially Distanced
How good are these?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Jan 27, 2009
200 posts
189 upvotes
Ottawa
They’re nice looking and they hold water. Haven’t had any problems. $10 is the regular sale price and it happens every month or so. They were 2 for 18 boxing week.
Darryl
May 17, 2003
781 posts
698 upvotes
Mississauga
Quentin5 wrote: How good are these?
I have had the 25oz version for 6 months and it's great value compared to the S'WELL. Keeps my water cold for hours, even in the heat. Get stainless steel or lighter colours to minimize the appearance of scratches.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20561 posts
7696 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Doc wrote: I have had the 25oz version for 6 months and it's great value compared to the S'WELL. Keeps my water cold for hours, even in the heat. Get stainless steel or lighter colours to minimize the appearance of scratches.
I have no idea what a Swell is, i assume a competitor?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3059 posts
12733 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
CaptSmethwick wrote: A very good price for a very good insulated bottle. Sale starts tomorrow.

Its already started, 25oz for 14.99 and 17oz for 9.99
Rogers Unlimited Province, 12gb $39/month!
Nov 11, 2017
42 posts
16 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: I have no idea what a Swell is, i assume a competitor?
Swell would be the original one these bottles were meant to look like. There are small differences such as the placement of the knurling on the lid. The insulation performance is excellent and is great value compared to a S'well. Not much diversity in the colours though. I have a 25oz silver one.
Nov 27, 2014
128 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I bought one at xmas, love it! highly recommend. Got the black one.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10020 posts
878 upvotes
Toronto
I got two, but besure the caps / lids are sealed, make sure it doesn't leak, my second bottle leaks once tipped on its side.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Nov 24, 2007
271 posts
173 upvotes
Vaughan
I picked up the black one last year - it's an awesome bottle.

It took a few weeks before I started getting quite a few scratches and used steel wool to remove the paint - now it's stainless steel :)
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2289 posts
1301 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP. Will grab 1 for backup purposes.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3059 posts
12733 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
any difference between this and the costco one? Costco are selling 2 for 19$
Rogers Unlimited Province, 12gb $39/month!
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10020 posts
878 upvotes
Toronto
OOHHH THAT LOOKS NICE! MULTI COLOUR
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
May 16, 2017
358 posts
164 upvotes
thermos makes the best bottles in case an1 wants to know
May 27, 2007
50 posts
8 upvotes
Wouldn't the narrow opening make it hard to clean out well and then the bottle full of bacteria? Sorry if this has been asked before.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13195 posts
2432 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Someone suggested to use denture tablets to clean them out. Sounds like a good idea, although I've never tried.

BTW, the finish on the London Drugs ones chip pretty easily, too. I guess they're all like that.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5942 posts
2122 upvotes
Toronto
What's the benefit over plastic? Especially when you can't see inside since it's not transparent and the neck is so narrow. Which also means it's very difficult to clean. So for all you know, there could be mold on the bottom or sides on the inside, and you wouldn't even see it or even be able to touch the inside.. Does that not bother anyone else?

I wish there was a transparent metal
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2793 posts
999 upvotes
I won a double insulated bottle recently, but the topper is plastic, are these real ones made of a metal?
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2344 posts
1066 upvotes
Edmonton
To clean a stainless steel bottle or thermos, I start with filling it full of hot water and putting the cap on loosely. Let it sit for a couple of minutes to heat the steel. Dump about 1/4 of the water out, add a little dish soap, replace the lid and shake and shake and shake. Dump the soapy water out and rinse. Now take two tablespoons of household bleach and put it in the bottle. You don’t have to be exact and measure, just pour a little in. Fill the bottle to the top with the hottest water you can and let it sit 15 minutes, minimum. Thoroughly rinse and you’re done. This will take coffee stains out, sanitize and really clean out stainless. Don’t put the lid on for the bleach step, it will degrade the plastic.
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....