Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Hot - Manna 17 oz insulated bottles - $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2018 2:02 pm
May 27, 2007
45 posts
6 upvotes
Wouldn't the narrow opening make it hard to clean out well and then the bottle full of bacteria? Sorry if this has been asked before.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11666 posts
1384 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Someone suggested to use denture tablets to clean them out. Sounds like a good idea, although I've never tried.

BTW, the finish on the London Drugs ones chip pretty easily, too. I guess they're all like that.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4455 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
What's the benefit over plastic? Especially when you can't see inside since it's not transparent and the neck is so narrow. Which also means it's very difficult to clean. So for all you know, there could be mold on the bottom or sides on the inside, and you wouldn't even see it or even be able to touch the inside.. Does that not bother anyone else?

I wish there was a transparent metal
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2577 posts
796 upvotes
Da boot
I won a double insulated bottle recently, but the topper is plastic, are these real ones made of a metal?
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2014 posts
650 upvotes
Edmonton
To clean a stainless steel bottle or thermos, I start with filling it full of hot water and putting the cap on loosely. Let it sit for a couple of minutes to heat the steel. Dump about 1/4 of the water out, add a little dish soap, replace the lid and shake and shake and shake. Dump the soapy water out and rinse. Now take two tablespoons of household bleach and put it in the bottle. You don’t have to be exact and measure, just pour a little in. Fill the bottle to the top with the hottest water you can and let it sit 15 minutes, minimum. Thoroughly rinse and you’re done. This will take coffee stains out, sanitize and really clean out stainless. Don’t put the lid on for the bleach step, it will degrade the plastic.
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Dec 10, 2007
13 posts
4 upvotes
Vaughan
I have one of these but the o-ring gasket broke , anyone know where to get a replacement?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21084 posts
10545 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Damn I was just at the tire this morning and didn’t see this sale

Been looking for a quality thermos to conceal my adult beverages at the park during summer
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
3049 posts
267 upvotes
Ottawa
Going to check it out thanks for posting
Hello