Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] HOT!! Ninja® Dual Zone Air Fryer $179.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 6:13 am
Mar 23, 2017
264 posts
203 upvotes
North York
Bought the single-tray Ninja air fryer from Costco for $99, but thought I'd put my two cents on the brand/product itself:

+ Pre-heats super quick (way faster than pre-heating my oven...)
+ Cooks things super well, albeit fried things are still better...
– Customer service is super hit or miss (first person was fine, the second person was super sketchy...)
– We bought a dud the first time (fan would run, but it wouldn't actually heat up, so I question the longevity of the product)
– The single-tray air fryer is a good size for 1-2 person portions. If you're cooking for a family of 4+, the double-tray is probably slightly better.
c-ditty wrote: Slightly off topic; I own one of the single tray NINJA air fryers. Anyone else that owns one of these ever notice a smell of burning plastic when using the air fryer? I've used my air fryer about 20 times and am still getting that burnt plastic smell - it's slight but its there.

TIA
I have the Single-tray Ninja air fryer and I had that plasticy smell the first 5 uses... seems okay now.
CONTEST WINNINGS
2016 WINS: $279.99

RECENT WIN: GoPro Hero Session - Roam Mobility Summer Tech Travel Blog
Sep 21, 2019
238 posts
153 upvotes
That's pretty ignorant. Dumbest thing I've heard today. Air fryers have been around for a long time, people know what it is. Its mostly the safety and convenient form factor that's the selling point. Best way to prepare fast food such as nuggets, wings, fries and much faster too because of the concentrated hot air and can also spray a bit of oil for extra crunch.
Leverage wrote: A reminder that "air fryer" is just a nonsense marketing term for convection toasting/baking - unless you use this frequently, you're way better off spending ~$200 on a high end toaster/convection oven.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/revi ... air-fryer/

Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3001 posts
3982 upvotes
BC
CosplayKing wrote: – The single-tray air fryer is a good size for 1-2 person portions. If you're cooking for a family of 4+, the double-tray is probably slightly better.
Do you think the airfryer, either the single or double, can substitute a toaster oven? My most toasted item is probably leftover pizza, then bagels. Maybe a meat pie here and there. We only have 2ppl in the household but the double might be more convenient.

Too many options but you guys have made me want an airfryer.
Nov 24, 2018
386 posts
229 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
peakingduck wrote: Do you think the airfryer, either the single or double, can substitute a toaster oven? My most toasted item is probably leftover pizza, then bagels. Maybe a meat pie here and there. We only have 2ppl in the household but the double might be more convenient.

I don't even use my toaster oven for that. I simply put it on top of my toaster and reheat the pizza.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Mar 23, 2017
264 posts
203 upvotes
North York
peakingduck wrote: Do you think the airfryer, either the single or double, can substitute a toaster oven? My most toasted item is probably leftover pizza, then bagels. Maybe a meat pie here and there. We only have 2ppl in the household but the double might be more convenient.

I haven't toasted bread or bagels per-se, but I would think they'd be perfect for toasting.

Closest thing for me would be airfrying a frozen jamaican beef patty. Pretty crunchy and flaky, I must say.
CONTEST WINNINGS

Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2842 posts
1635 upvotes

get this and dont look back, best purchase I made in years. a regular air fryer is just a waste of space

https://www.ninjakitchen.com/exclusive- ... -fry-oven/
Got that Fido Account!
Aug 25, 2013
11 posts
Calgary
Is it easy to clean the heating element upside down and needing to reach inside??
It does not appear that they is a splatter screen beneath the heating element like the Ninja Foodie Grill.
I am tempted to get this though, but not sure how easy to clean compared to Ninja Grill.
Oct 6, 2010
255 posts
221 upvotes
Markham
Has anyone gotten the kitchenaid airfryer that was sold at costco? Or is ninja still considered better overall?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2007
1571 posts
488 upvotes
CdnDealsGuy wrote: Dude, yes, absolutely reheat pizza and bake a potatoe in the air fryer! The air fryers are easy to clean and do not require preheat. Have great timer settings. IMO, better than convection toaster oven at half the price.
Reheating pizza in these things >>>
Might be even better than fresh out the box Face With Tears Of Joy
Mar 23, 2017
264 posts
203 upvotes
North York
EH15 wrote: Reheating pizza in these things >>>
It's not delivery, it's delicious.
CONTEST WINNINGS

Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3001 posts
3982 upvotes
BC
riseagainstthemachine wrote: get this and dont look back, best purchase I made in years. a regular air fryer is just a waste of space

https://www.ninjakitchen.com/exclusive- ... -fry-oven/
I just placed an in-store pickup order for the one in OP while I make up my mind.

The one you linked looks more versatile and feel like we'd prefer that. Anyone know if Ninja's site is the same as Shark's where they charge 1:1 conversion rate and no taxes?
EH15 wrote: Reheating pizza in these things >>>
When the cheese is melted but the crust is crispy

Dec 12, 2019
45 posts
27 upvotes
Aside... When we're reheating pizza in our home the air fryer comes in handy, alternatively we'll sometimes use our pizza steel with the broiler on. The latter is my favorite, but it's not as convenient.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
6857 posts
182 upvotes
So what I'm gathering here is that the cooking results are the same as a convection oven.

It makes sense to replace a toaster oven with this because it is much faster, and takes up less space.

The only con being that it can't cook as much did as a toaster oven.
Jul 26, 2020
2 posts
I got the KA oven with airfryer function from Costco. The appearance is fancy and it has 9 pre-set functions including air fryer, dehydrate, toast, bake, broil, bagel, etc.. it is amazing that you could get all in one that saves your counter space.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)