Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Instant Pot Duo Plus 60 - 6qt ($69.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2019 11:38 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 7, 2004
397 posts
209 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Instant Pot Duo Plus 60 - 6qt ($69.99)

Passing by CDN tire at Bovaird and McLaughlin, right after walking in they had all the 6qt Duo plus 60 on sale, might be a good deal for those that are looking for one, they had a ton in stock.

They also have the Duo Nova on sale this week for $79.99 which is the 2019 update for the original 7 in 1.

I personally prefer the 3qt, works well and makes more thab enough for us.

Enjoy!
Images
  • upload.jpg
Thread Summary
27 replies
Dec 12, 2013
276 posts
149 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Curious but how big is your family? I want to buy one for at most three people, not sure if I should get the 3qt or 6qt.
Sep 2, 2014
251 posts
302 upvotes
Vancouver
ThatGuy1121 wrote: Curious but how big is your family? I want to buy one for at most three people, not sure if I should get the 3qt or 6qt.
Get the 6. You can still make small amounts, and the extra capacity is good for soups, chili, etc. Also if you want to use accessories in it that won't fit in the 3 qt. I'm cooking for one right now, and still filled it up last week.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1776 posts
951 upvotes
Edmonton
Always get the bigger one, you can make little amounts in it if desired. If you get the smaller one, one day you'll cook something and its over capacity and you'll be like should of gotten the 6qt.

But yes wait till BF, thats when I snagged my Ultra 6Qt for $89
May 5, 2009
78 posts
51 upvotes
Montreal
I am one person and I regret getting the 5qt, would have preferred the 6. I'd say definitely not the 3qt for 3 people.
Dec 9, 2001
517 posts
235 upvotes
Vancouver
Are these sales store specific? I was looking at the one on Amazon for $99
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1337 posts
834 upvotes
Toronto
My mom wanted one of these... though for some reason she wants the 8qt's.. isn't that too much?

Also I notice there is Duo, Duo Plus, Ultra, etc... does it really matter which one? Main difference seems to be the increase in pre-set temperatures
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14864 posts
4370 upvotes
Definitely get at least a 6qt. You can put two racks of ribs in it.

Most models are the same and if you don't use the extra functions then spring for the cheaper one.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Nov 19, 2018
59 posts
76 upvotes
ThatGuy1121 wrote: Curious but how big is your family? I want to buy one for at most three people, not sure if I should get the 3qt or 6qt.
i have 8qt (got the walmart blackfriday one), i cant imagine anything smaller
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2949 upvotes
Electrah wrote: My mom wanted one of these... though for some reason she wants the 8qt's.. isn't that too much?

Also I notice there is Duo, Duo Plus, Ultra, etc... does it really matter which one? Main difference seems to be the increase in pre-set temperatures
8 Qt never goes on sale. Expect $200+. As for the specific model, if you get anything other than the Ultra then you are stuck with the preset functions. If you need more then too bad. The Ultra will allow custom pressure (none, low, med, high) and custom temp up to 212F or so. But since most Instant Pot users will follow a receipt they found online or thru their app, you likely wont need the custom temperatures. You will need a digital thermometer if you plan to use custom temperatures as the Ultra will never inform you when it reaches it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9997 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto
I have the Instant pot, and one thing they never really advertised was the time it takes to depressurize.

So when they say make a mouth watering fall off the bone ribs in 15min!!! We'll add like 10min or more to depressurize too. That's with manual overide pressure release. If you let it naturally release, wait like 30min or more.

Also the pressure and sound of super hot steam shooting out, was pretty scary the first time.

Have to out a wet towel over it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5042 posts
9873 upvotes
Ottawa
badOne wrote: 8 Qt never goes on sale. Expect $200+. As for the specific model, if you get anything other than the Ultra then you are stuck with the preset functions. If you need more then too bad. The Ultra will allow custom pressure (none, low, med, high) and custom temp up to 212F or so. But since most Instant Pot users will follow a receipt they found online or thru their app, you likely wont need the custom temperatures. You will need a digital thermometer if you plan to use custom temperatures as the Ultra will never inform you when it reaches it.
8-qt Duo Nova is on sale now for $135 (reg. $170)
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2018
1042 posts
1058 upvotes
rfdrfd wrote: I have the Instant pot, and one thing they never really advertised was the time it takes to depressurize.

So when they say make a mouth watering fall off the bone ribs in 15min!!! We'll add like 10min or more to depressurize too. That's with manual overide pressure release. If you let it naturally release, wait like 30min or more.

Also the pressure and sound of super hot steam shooting out, was pretty scary the first time.

Have to out a wet towel over it.

The first time I used it, I put way too much stuff and liquid in as sit was on the max line when I started cooking. When I let it de-pressurize, it was a mixture of steam/fat/oil etc shooting up. Had to grab a towel and cover it. Stuff was shooting all over my ceilings and tables. Now I've learned how to use it. I made pot roast in it. Can't believe how tender it was with only 30 mins of cooking. I was thoroughly impressed with this machine.

Then I tried cooking chicken thighs in it, with teriyaki sauce. Set it for 45 mins. LOL. The texture of the chicken was mush. The bones were almost mush/liquidified. If you picked up the piece of chicken with tongs, it would just fall apart. Bones and meat. Cooked a little too long. But still amazed at how pressure cooking does wonders.

But back to your de-pressurize thing, this is with all pressure cookers. Why would they advertise the time it takes to de-pressurize. Makes no sense. De-pressurizing takes time, and its common sense. However long it takes is how long it takes. But get an InstaPot. It will change your life and how you cook. Pulled pork in less than an hour. Pho broth in less than 1-2 hours. Got my sister and my mother one as gifts and they all love it. DO ittttttttttttt
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14864 posts
4370 upvotes
Re: depressurizing, I like to move it (carefully) under the range hood fan and then slowly open the vent with an oven glove on.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Jun 27, 2018
204 posts
142 upvotes
Good price. I purchased it for $130 a year ago!!
Oct 15, 2017
430 posts
297 upvotes
Canada
What everyone else has already said, get one of these if you don't already have one, but wait for a sale like this one. Save a boatload of cash on meals, healthier cooking, save time, etc.

Get at least the 6qt, and cook extra for the next few meals. Still eat out every now and then, but it's great being able to just set this up and not having to tend to a stove or oven. Get other chores done around the house while it cooks.

Once you get the hang of it, cooking is a breeze. The Instant Pot is great for those that can't cook to save their lives. Keep a terry cloth handy, over the pressure release valve. Lots of youtube videos warn of the hot steam and splattered kitchen walls/ceilings, LOL!!!
Last edited by dsweetlou on Oct 28th, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.