Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Lagostina Black Cast Iron Frying Pan, 10-in for $19.99 (price valid from Feb 21st) YMMV (GTA Stores)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2020 8:46 am
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
374 posts
1551 upvotes
MILTON

[Canadian Tire] Lagostina Black Cast Iron Frying Pan, 10-in for $19.99 (price valid from Feb 21st) YMMV (GTA Stores)

• Lagostina Black Cast Iron Frying Pan comes ready-to-use; no seasoning required
  • High quality, heavy gauge body is warp-resistant and durable for years of use
  • High sides with dual pouring spouts help contain splattering
  • Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F / 260°C
  • Safe for all cooking surfaces, including induction
  • Size: 10" (25.4 cm)
Last edited by immad01 on Feb 20th, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
7 replies
Nov 21, 2018
6 posts
These are godawful, oxidized after first time use and washing, and I dried it as much as I could
May 17, 2011
354 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
infamousas wrote: These are godawful, oxidized after first time use and washing, and I dried it as much as I could
That's too bad. It's not my experience with the same pan though, I use mine daily with no problems. I did season it several times even though it comes pre-seasoned. I wash, dry, set over a low flame to ensure fully dry and then put away.
If you still have it then it's worth trying to re-season.
blueraven25 wrote: $89.99 in NB. Offer must be YMMV
Good catch, checked flipp here and it starts tomorrow for ON. Not sure about other provinces.
Last edited by jrshopper on Feb 20th, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2697 posts
1948 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Remember that 10" is the top diameter and the cooking surface is smaller. But that's a good price for a 10" iron pan. Lagostina's cooking surface isn't as smooth as Lodge's, but the iron is nice and thick. And you can ignore that "safe up to 500F" nonsense - it's iron and your oven can't go hot enough to bother it, even with a self-cleaning cycle (which is a good way to remove the factory seasoning before sanding and applying a really good seasoning).

Thanks OP.
Mar 2, 2008
881 posts
1088 upvotes
BC
jrshopper wrote: Good catch, checked flipp here and it starts tomorrow for ON. Not sure about other provinces.
Starts Friday in BC as well.
Nov 23, 2016
282 posts
490 upvotes
I have this pan and its great. Zero rust after drying it. I did strip the original seasoning and redid it myself. Some people did complain the edges dip down but my pan didn't have that issue. Just ensure you go in to buy it instead of pay to pick up so you can check the pan before buying.