1746 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Lagostina Espresso, stainless steel, 6-Cup $32.49

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/lago ... p.html#srp

FEATURES
Lagostina Espresso creates authentic espresso on your stove top
Induction base can be used on all stove tops
Made from 18/10 stainless steel
Capacity: 6 Cups
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 28th, 2020 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
6 replies
Jan 19, 2007
907 posts
607 upvotes
Thanks OP! After the last post I was looking for one that is induction compatible.
Jun 2, 2012
130 posts
116 upvotes
Ottawa
Does anyone have this one? Not many reviews compared to Bialetti
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4836 posts
6871 upvotes
Vancouver
Deceiving name... These days everything is "espresso"

This is just darn stove top percolator!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since joining RFD, I’ve discovered that buying low end junk for cheap means you've just wasted the money that you could have put toward some better stuff….!
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4836 posts
6871 upvotes
Vancouver
ben2003 wrote: here below link is for percolator.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/lago ... p.html#srp
Just the different outside design...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since joining RFD, I’ve discovered that buying low end junk for cheap means you've just wasted the money that you could have put toward some better stuff….!
Aug 1, 2005
273 posts
186 upvotes
This is not a percolator. This is a stovetop espresso machine. The difference is tremendous.

Percolators boil water and boil the coffee itself. This leads to a poor cup of coffee. Coffee boiled is coffee spoiled.

Stovetop espresso machines create pressure to push the water through the coffee into the top reservoir. The coffee itself is not boiled and is not recycled through the same grind, leading to a clean almost-espresso.

If a proper gaggia machine were a Lamborghini, and a standard espresso machine were a Civic, this machine might be a used kia (a proper Bialetti is more like a new Yaris - I take one with me when I travel, along with a bean grinder).

A percolator is a Fischer price toy car. It vaguely looks the right shape but doesn't actually make espresso or decent coffee.