• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2020 8:33 am
[OP]
Mar 3, 2009
82 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto

[Canadian Tire] Led Desk Lamp with 10 watt quick charge $24.99

$24.99 for led desk lamp with 10watt Qi wireless charging base. I needed to replace my current desk lamp and saw this on Canadian tire. On the website shows it as being only 5watt but when i went instore the box shows it as being 10W. I tried charging my phone and indeed it does charge faster than my existing samsung 5w charger. This seems like a descent deal as i was already willing to pay that much just for a bright led desk lamp but to have it also come with 10w wireless charger is a welcome bonus. I've seen some recent posts re: Costco or Walmart selling just the10w charger on sale for $20. I don't know anything about this brand or how reliable it is but seems good for the price
Images
  • 20200612_103841.jpg
  • 20200612_104608.jpg
17 replies
Apr 7, 2009
255 posts
104 upvotes
toronto
bbcd wrote: $24.99 for led desk lamp with 10watt Qi wireless charging base. I needed to replace my current desk lamp and saw this on Canadian tire. On the website shows it as being only 5watt but when i went instore the box shows it as being 10W. I tried charging my phone and indeed it does charge faster than my existing samsung 5w charger. This seems like a descent deal as i was already willing to pay that much just for a bright led desk lamp but to have it also come with 10w wireless charger is a welcome bonus. I've seen some recent posts re: Costco or Walmart selling just the10w charger on sale for $20. I don't know anything about this brand or how reliable it is but seems good for the price
How bright is the light?
[OP]
Mar 3, 2009
82 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
See image for specs. Seems plenty bright for reading. There is different brightness levels. The only thing this doesn't have it different lighting modes.
Images
  • 15919755285772614315363107440907.jpg
Jul 6, 2010
364 posts
666 upvotes
Toronto
Does the LED light flicker while you're charging your phone? That's one of the complaints I read in a review elsewhere (probably an older version of the product, though).
i am upside down
[OP]
Mar 3, 2009
82 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
Just got it this morning and let it charge while on full brightness for about 1/2hr. Didn't notice any flickering. Hopefully stays this way.
Feb 5, 2017
346 posts
328 upvotes
Vancouver
bbcd wrote: Just got it this morning and let it charge while on full brightness for about 1/2hr. Didn't notice any flickering. Hopefully stays this way.
I received this as a Secret Santa over holidays. Havent used it as was thinking of regifting it..haha

If the wireless charging works well, will probably use it
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1674 posts
259 upvotes
toronto
bbcd wrote: $24.99 for led desk lamp with 10watt Qi wireless charging base. I needed to replace my current desk lamp and saw this on Canadian tire. On the website shows it as being only 5watt but when i went instore the box shows it as being 10W. I tried charging my phone and indeed it does charge faster than my existing samsung 5w charger. This seems like a descent deal as i was already willing to pay that much just for a bright led desk lamp but to have it also come with 10w wireless charger is a welcome bonus. I've seen some recent posts re: Costco or Walmart selling just the10w charger on sale for $20. I don't know anything about this brand or how reliable it is but seems good for the price
Good buy! Do they have black in this?
Apr 7, 2009
255 posts
104 upvotes
toronto
bbcd wrote: See image for specs. Seems plenty bright for reading. There is different brightness levels. The only thing this doesn't have it different lighting modes.
4W LED is roughly equal to 40W bulb...?
Aug 16, 2009
126 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
was looking for a led desklamp, might give this a try
Jan 15, 2015
618 posts
354 upvotes
krazykanuck wrote: I had been eyeing for my kids desk this one sold at Costco for $59.99 in the warehouse, but for half the price I'll check this one out. thanks op.
This OttLite desk lamp was selling at Costco in Vancouver for around $29 this week. It has a colour-changing LED base and USB charging port, but no wireless charging. I prefer it to other lamps because it has warm/cool lighting selection.

Similar to this one previously posted on RFD: https://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/other ... lour-base/
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3394 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto
ngleu wrote: 4W LED is roughly equal to 40W bulb...?
Sounds about right, if it's of good quality.

I have doubts this product exactly equal to a 40w incandescent, given the perceived temperature brightness... Can anyone confirm who has purchased?
Nov 21, 2003
140 posts
26 upvotes
Surrey
Bought 2.
We will see how bright the light is and how well it charges! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
May 12, 2020
41 posts
32 upvotes
Tried to buy one at the South Edmonton Common location. It's listed as a "special buy" so it wasn't in a normal aisle location. Asked a rep, they searched in the back, as well as special item "islands" in between aisles. Nothing. They said that they received the lamp last night as part of a shipment of merchandise, so it could very well be in an unopened box in the back, but they "have no way of knowing which box it's in". Ah well! It is what it is. If I'm in that neighbourhood tomorrow, maybe I'll try again, but I probably won't go out of my way to come back.
Dec 15, 2019
87 posts
262 upvotes
Markham
Has any reserved for a pick up but got a black?
I actually do want a white, and the pics from OP and the site shows white
But the specs in the site writes black Unamused Face

*No offence to anyone*