Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

*LIFETIME WARRANTY! Cuisinart Shear Set, 4-pc

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2014 11:51 pm
[OP]
Feb 20, 2014
49 posts
126 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] *LIFETIME WARRANTY! Cuisinart Shear Set, 4-pc

Good scissors at this price that is lifetime exchange warranty at canadian tire.

Sale $9.99
Reg. $29.99 2/3 off

Cuisinart Shear Set, 4-pc
Product #42-8506-0

Includes all-purpose, utility shear, poultry and bent shear
Different colours for different uses
4-piece set

Canadian Tire Warranty:

This product carries a lifetime exchange warranty redeemable at any Canadian Tire store.

Link

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/cuisi ... 7Ni3rGGe58
21 replies
Oct 22, 2006
444 posts
31 upvotes
Gloucester
How long is this on sale for? We are away at the moment but would love to get this

Thanks OP
[OP]
Feb 20, 2014
49 posts
126 upvotes
charoo wrote: How long is this on sale for? We are away at the moment but would love to get this

Thanks OP
Sale is this week and ends friday. Sometimes it goes on sale for 2 weeks.
Oct 10, 2003
322 posts
22 upvotes
Mississauga
Will the screws come out from time to time?
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4246 posts
3078 upvotes
Montreal
The mastercraft set that's on sale for $6 every so often is a better deal I think, stronger since two of them has metal going all the way through handle.
Dec 28, 2012
615 posts
521 upvotes
OTTAWA
awesome thanks!

I just want the poultry sheers really
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2007
3563 posts
646 upvotes
How do CT lifetime warranties work on stuff like this? Do you need to keep a receipt around forever or is it exclusive to them so just have to take defective product back to be swapped?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1334 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
Wait for Henckels one. The difference is quite obvious. I own both brands and can tell that Cuisinart is not far from Mastercrap.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36354 posts
9616 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
nufan wrote: How do CT lifetime warranties work on stuff like this? Do you need to keep a receipt around forever or is it exclusive to them so just have to take defective product back to be swapped?
I am not sure about the shears, but with Mastercraft tools, you don't need a receipt. Just bring the tool to the counter and they give you a straight exchange, no questions asked.

I've seen people bring in worn screw drivers and exchanged in a few minutes.
Apr 17, 2001
374 posts
288 upvotes
Got these for $5 from Kitchen stuff plus before. The screw doesn't come off, but the blade do get rusty.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
25570 posts
15424 upvotes
Toronto
kelf wrote: Got these for $5 from Kitchen stuff plus before. The screw doesn't come off, but the blade do get rusty.
Nice, stainless steel that rusts. Must be a made in China invention.
Feb 4, 2010
399 posts
213 upvotes
Montreal
kelf wrote: Got these for $5 from Kitchen stuff plus before. The screw doesn't come off, but the blade do get rusty.
will888 wrote: Nice, stainless steel that rusts. Must be a made in China invention.
yep, that's lame.

my red ones that I use for the kitchen got rusted pretty quickly (but not as bad as you could wonder) after 3-4 rinses. You should dry them up immediately with a towel to avoid that. But still...

Anyway, for the quality/price ratio, I won't spit in the soup.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3938 posts
2915 upvotes
Toronto
Got this set at $7.99 a few months back just for poultry shears. I only used that one but the spring pops out and is quite stiff so your hand may tire out quickly if u got a lot of chicken to cut up at once. Another and most annoying thing about it is that the safety lock is fairly easy slide closed. Many times I've inadvertently locked my shears shut in the middle of a cut up job...maybe I just suck at using them but I hate them
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4246 posts
3078 upvotes
Montreal
will888 wrote: Nice, stainless steel that rusts. Must be a made in China invention.
While you may wish to crap on China and show your true color every opportunity you get, stainless steel always meant stain less, not stain free, especially the ones suitable for cutlery, no matter where it's made.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
25570 posts
15424 upvotes
Toronto
jzmtl wrote: While you may wish to crap on China and show your true color every opportunity you get, stainless steel always meant stain less, not stain free, especially the ones suitable for cutlery, no matter where it's made.
I am not crapping on China. Everything I buy that is manufactured comes from China. Just remarking how far they will go to sell cheap goods. If I was using these as utility shears, no big deal. I don't think I care use cutlery as an iron supplement. BTW, stainless steel is stainless if done right. I have some old pots that are show no signs of rust anywhere.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4246 posts
3078 upvotes
Montreal
will888 wrote: I am not crapping on China. Everything I buy that is manufactured comes from China. Just remarking how far they will go to sell cheap goods. If I was using these as utility shears, no big deal. I don't think I care use cutlery as an iron supplement. BTW, stainless steel is stainless if done right. I have some old pots that are show no signs of rust anywhere.
The pots you have are 300 series stainless with lots of chromium and almost no carbon content, absolutely not suitable for knives or scissors. 400 series have lower chromium content and 20 to 100 times higher carbon so they are not not as corrosion resistant but can be hardened.

Again it's nature of the material used for the purpose, has nothing to do with where its made or if it's done right.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
25570 posts
15424 upvotes
Toronto
jzmtl wrote: The pots you have are 300 series stainless with lots of chromium and almost no carbon content, absolutely not suitable for knives or scissors. 400 series have lower chromium content and 20 to 100 times higher carbon so they are not not as corrosion resistant but can be hardened.

Again it's nature of the material used for the purpose, has nothing to do with where its made or if it's done right.
I have a bunch of Henckels knives that are just as old and no rust either. Bottom line is putting a bit of alloy in the iron would have made selling these at a buck a pop not possible. Really is it necessary to buy something that can last a lifetime if made properly for a buck?
Sep 10, 2007
42 posts
18 upvotes
FYI, These go on sale for $5 at Kitchenstuffplus.
Banned
Nov 12, 2003
1821 posts
192 upvotes
jzmtl wrote: While you may wish to crap on China and show your true color every opportunity you get, stainless steel always meant stain less, not stain free, especially the ones suitable for cutlery, no matter where it's made.
You may or may not know, there are various grades of stainless steels. Some rust quicker than others. And, FYI, rusting is not the same as staining.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stainless_steel