Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Low Profile Jack, 2-Ton lift range 2.7-24'' $196 (reg $299)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2019 2:55 pm
[OP]
Nov 11, 2006
584 posts
99 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Low Profile Jack, 2-Ton lift range 2.7-24'' $196 (reg $299)

I've been waiting for long time to get this 2 ton jack is on sale MotoMaster Low Profile Jack, 2-Ton. This is one of rare jacks with the huge lift range 2.7-24'' (69-610 mm)

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motom ... p.html#srp

here is the video review
edit: added the price, video review
Last edited by Gmax on Jun 1st, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
23 replies
Jul 16, 2017
239 posts
257 upvotes
Price in title please. I wouldn't have clicked if I knew this was a $200 jack.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4634 posts
4891 upvotes
GTA
Nice. This is the only style of low-profile jack worth a damn.
Dec 25, 2017
111 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto, ON
that video quality was painful. Jack is awesome! Finally going to use my CT money i got from the dyson 20% purchase. Thanks OP!
Koodo 5+5GB/$35
Ryzen 5 3600x | RTX 3080 | Ncase M1 v6.1
Aug 15, 2007
610 posts
260 upvotes
Richmond Hill
This one is quality, if you change your own tires often, it's definitely worth investing in high quality gear. I had a friend's car collapse when they were using the butterfly jacks that come with the car due to an uneven driveway and unstable base, luckily no one got hurt or serious damage to the car.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4634 posts
4891 upvotes
GTA
biggaroupa wrote: I had a friend's car collapse when they were using the butterfly jacks that come with the car due to an uneven driveway and unstable base, luckily no one got hurt or serious damage to the car.
That's your friend's fault not the jack's. What a recipe for disaster...
May 7, 2006
320 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
if they made alum version of this , it might be interesting. But, this price and only 2 tons and weight is a no go. When do you actually need to go all the way to frame rails to lift a vehicle? Afraid to lift by the pinch weld, get a adaptor for it. Plenty of those around ebay, amazon etc. Rather get a 3 ton, alum and get pinch weld adaptor. Under 3 inch is quite low of a vehicle, If that is the case get some wood under the tire and problem solved.

The costco 3 ton alum for $130 all in, is a better deal.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10638 posts
6013 upvotes
Toronto
biggaroupa wrote: This one is quality, if you change your own tires often, it's definitely worth investing in high quality gear. I had a friend's car collapse when they were using the butterfly jacks that come with the car due to an uneven driveway and unstable base, luckily no one got hurt or serious damage to the car.
My cumpare did something similar, went up on Rhino ramps but slipped and damaged his running board panel
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
3182 posts
1530 upvotes
gunsmokez wrote: if they made alum version of this , it might be interesting. But, this price and only 2 tons and weight is a no go. When do you actually need to go all the way to frame rails to lift a vehicle? Afraid to lift by the pinch weld, get a adaptor for it. Plenty of those around ebay, amazon etc. Rather get a 3 ton, alum and get pinch weld adaptor. Under 3 inch is quite low of a vehicle, If that is the case get some wood under the tire and problem solved.

You don’t do much work on your car, so you?

And 2 ton is plenty unless you are planning on somehow balancing your entire car on the jack.
Jun 11, 2015
488 posts
520 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I have this. I believe I paid 175 for it (although it may have been 225, unsure). Overall happy with it. Makes it much faster to lift a car high enough to get under.

Downside is that it is quite heavy, which means it takes up much more space than a jack you can box up and put on a shelf.

This is overkill if all you do is oil changes and tire rotations.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2008
1063 posts
314 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Is this 24 inch max height enough to take wheels off of a crv?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7508 posts
3683 upvotes
Canuckland
The Costco one is $119 for a real deal
Dec 26, 2004
100 posts
42 upvotes
This is a pricey jack, but worth the money if you need it. It's a low profile jack with high lift range. If you drive a regular car or SUV then you don't need this, go buy that cheap jack from Costco.

But if you have a sports car or have lowered your car, this thing does what your standard Costco jack can't do.

But for 200, I'll stick with using blocks or 2 jacks to raise my lowered car.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2629 posts
2736 upvotes
Ottawa
gunsmokez wrote: if they made alum version of this , it might be interesting. But, this price and only 2 tons and weight is a no go. When do you actually need to go all the way to frame rails to lift a vehicle? Afraid to lift by the pinch weld, get a adaptor for it. Plenty of those around ebay, amazon etc. Rather get a 3 ton, alum and get pinch weld adaptor. Under 3 inch is quite low of a vehicle, If that is the case get some wood under the tire and problem solved.

If you're only doing tire changes, sure the pinch weld works. For times when you need to do serious work under the vehicle (lifting an entire end of a vehicle at once), this is the jack you want.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1411 posts
410 upvotes
Toronto
My STi is lowered and I have about 3 inches of clearance from the ground. On wooden planks, would I have enough clearance to get to my tranny mount jacking point?
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4634 posts
4891 upvotes
GTA
TWELVES wrote: This is overkill if all you do is oil changes and tire rotations.
This type of jack is for sports cars with low ground clearance. So yes, overkill for the average car.
Chrno wrote: If you're only doing tire changes, sure the pinch weld works. For times when you need to do serious work under the vehicle (lifting an entire end of a vehicle at once), this is the jack you want.
You should be lifting the entire axle for seasonal tire changes too. Using a single pinch weld is only for when you're putting on the spare tire in an emergency situation. If the jack is lifting there, you can't put a safety stand there, where it's supposed to be.
forevergone wrote: My STi is lowered and I have about 3 inches of clearance from the ground. On wooden planks, would I have enough clearance to get to my tranny mount jacking point?
That doesn't seem like the correct jacking point. You should double check your service manual.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4634 posts
4891 upvotes
GTA
You didn't say what year your STI is, but this is from the 2017 service manual. I'm sure older models are the same.

edit: just realized I put the red "X" on the sub-frame. The transmission cross-member is a bit further back on the car, at the very bottom of this photo.
Aug 15, 2007
610 posts
260 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks OP I picked one up!!

Warning: the box is HEAVY, I hurt my lower back a bit buying/carrying this into the trunk even with help! Now I don't know if I can unload it.... :(
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38201 posts
24389 upvotes
Center of Universe
biggaroupa wrote: Thanks OP I picked one up!!

Warning: the box is HEAVY, I hurt my lower back a bit buying/carrying this into the trunk even with help! Now I don't know if I can unload it.... :(
Do you even lift bro?
Jokes aside, you don't want to mess around with the 3 ton version in that case!
Jan 24, 2013
72 posts
24 upvotes
EDMONTON
forevergone wrote: My STi is lowered and I have about 3 inches of clearance from the ground. On wooden planks, would I have enough clearance to get to my tranny mount jacking point?
My WRX has about the same clearance and with some 2x6's under the wheels I can reach the points no problem. Just gotta get on your hands and knees to make sure it's lined up properly