• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2020 12:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2008
1100 posts
1756 upvotes
Montreal

[Canadian Tire] Lucasfilm Star Wars BB-8 Kids' Bike, 12-in 39.97$ in store clearance

Just found a sweet deal at my local Canadian Tire. Kids bike on clearance for 39.97$ but YMMV since it's clearance stock.

Check your local stock: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0711160
3 replies
Mar 14, 2018
52 posts
49 upvotes
I picked up this bike for my son and a friend's kid last year (I think there was another thread). Depending on stock, you might get the bike in a box. My friend and I know our way around bikes, and we've tried a number of things to make the bikes feel better, but they're very stiff. There's no grease in the headset bearings (what lets the handlebars turn freely) and the cranks are REALLY stiff and jerky (and not straight). The bike chain can be overly tight/slack so make sure you play with that. The wheels don't spin freely (they'll spin for about 5 seconds before losing momentum) Long story short, it's rideable (my son's friend can ride it, he's 4) but if your kid is apprehensive about bikes, they might hate it. (My son has a balance bike he's good with so its not a big deal that he doesn't like this BB8 bike so far)
Sep 2, 2016
914 posts
609 upvotes
I don’t see any stores with stock
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1506 posts
4000 upvotes
IlanaG757921 wrote: I picked up this bike for my son and a friend's kid last year (I think there was another thread). Depending on stock, you might get the bike in a box. My friend and I know our way around bikes, and we've tried a number of things to make the bikes feel better, but they're very stiff. There's no grease in the headset bearings (what lets the handlebars turn freely) and the cranks are REALLY stiff and jerky (and not straight). The bike chain can be overly tight/slack so make sure you play with that. The wheels don't spin freely (they'll spin for about 5 seconds before losing momentum) Long story short, it's rideable (my son's friend can ride it, he's 4) but if your kid is apprehensive about bikes, they might hate it. (My son has a balance bike he's good with so its not a big deal that he doesn't like this BB8 bike so far)
So basically... This isn't the droid you're looking for?
I have spoken