Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Maglite Clearance YMMV Canadian Tire

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2016 3:44 am
Jan 25, 2011
20 posts
19 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Maglite Clearance YMMV Canadian Tire

YMMV big on this. Canadian Tire is clearing out Maglite and rebuilding their flashlight section. Have to set preferred store on their website and search for maglite to see if your store has stock. Then order to store or try finding it in the local store clearnance seciton.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2006
1127 posts
544 upvotes
Ottawa
Assume these are the old-school Maglites with incandescent bulbs. Great if you want a big hunk of metal to hit someone with but as a flashlight these have been left in the dust by LEDs.
McDealer: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees.
Wolfman: Holy s*** , it's McDealer!
Nov 17, 2016
293 posts
288 upvotes
It could be LED, but last time I tried them they were so behind in efficiency game it was better to just go buy one at Costco 3pack.

I saw like 3rd generation LED then gave up. Sold my old ones at a bargain.

They are still selling 1st gen 3D cell and those are 168 lumens LOL.....
Jan 25, 2011
20 posts
19 upvotes
the Mastercraft brand has a 6 D cell flashlight that looks and feels like it could take someone down, The Titan.

I think maglite is still a reliable and well built flashlight and the clearance does include the led varieties which I compare favorably with the inexpensive cree led variations I have bought on ebay,
Oct 11, 2006
578 posts
361 upvotes
McDealer wrote: [...] these have been left in the dust by LEDs.
Really? I can't stand LED flashlights. They remind me of those HID(eous) lamps some people use on their cars.
The beam is too blue, and not really good for distinguishing small details.

Consumption aside, give me a regular incandescent bulb anytime over cheap LEDs.
Jun 8, 2004
572 posts
19 upvotes
Mississauga
strangelove9 wrote: Really? I can't stand LED flashlights. They remind me of those HID(eous) lamps some people use on their cars.

Consumption aside, give me a regular incandescent bulb anytime over cheap LEDs.
http://lumicrest.com/colour-temperature/
You're welcome...
Jan 2, 2012
162 posts
46 upvotes
FORT MCMURRAY
The long maglite makes for a good safety weapon in the car.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
foflowerful wrote: Maglite deal is gonna be bust with inaccurate store inventory on the website but I saw these heavy weights in store if you want some weight behind your swing. 50% off...

[url=http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maste ... 3057p.html]Titan 6 D cell Flashlighturl]
Is that the one thats like 3 feet long?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2003
1081 posts
101 upvotes
defintely YMMV....had to look at 3-4 different stores in my area to finally find some that were clearance!
Thanks OP!
References under bfg_16 in Heatware 99-0-0,Ebay 125-0-0
Banned
Nov 20, 2009
1323 posts
993 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
No C or D cell flashlights for me, at least not until that size of cell is a rechargeable cell. I've seen C and D rechargeables but they are usually just AAs in a larger casing, or they are ridiculously expensive. What's the point of having D cells that have a 2,000 mAh rating the same as AAs?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
strangelove9 wrote: Really? I can't stand LED flashlights. They remind me of those HID(eous) lamps some people use on their cars.
You should try a high CRI LED flashlight, not the blue or greenish LEDs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_CRI_LED_lighting

Once you go high CRI, you'll never want to use a regular LED or incandescent again.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
What kind of prices are available? Maglites are generally dated flashlight that used to be the best, but have been surpassed by far better flashlight tech in recent years.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4080 posts
7025 upvotes
GTA North
McDealer wrote: Assume these are the old-school Maglites with incandescent bulbs. Great if you want a big hunk of metal to hit someone with but as a flashlight these have been left in the dust by LEDs.
No, I checked a few days ago at two local Can.T's. They have a number of AAA/AA LED Maglite flashlights on clearence. I remember one being 77lumens and 5 mode. I'mnot sure if it is a updated model but I know of that model as I own one that is the same with hi/low/flash/sos which works well for day to day EDC as well as with a few rubber bands works on top of a bike helmet if you're caught out after dark and you forgot to bring a bike light or your main bike light stops working the good o'l Maglite still works. I've been there, done that, tried , test, true the Maglite always keeps shining even after when it fell off and hit the road at ~60kph riding down the hills.

While Maglite does not have highpower LED upgrades other then the LED upgrades for thier old incandecent models there are lots of after market companies and some private sellers on www.Candlepowerforums.com (CPF) that make drop in modules for AA/C/D models. You could if you wanted to DIY upgrade is look at the Luxeon brand LED's and get the bare emitter (not the aluminum star base) and solder off your old LED to mount a new LED. I have read and asked some people on CPF as I'm a member and found out that the Luxeon LED's work with the Maglites.

If you need the extra heft of a 6-8 cell Maglite you can get 4 x AA sized li-ion C/D cell adaptors from websites or dealers on CPF and end up with a IIR6 5000lm to maybe 10000lm new drop in module and IIRC the whole body of the Maglite acts as a heatsink with the head being the main heatsink as for those not aware incandesent lighting (and halogens, etc) are FORWARD heat emitting but LED's are REAR heat emitting and thus why LED's need A LOT of heatsinking for highpower LED's otherwise the LED will smoke (been there when doing some LED solder projects making a high power bike LED 600lm setup).

I remember on Youtube before and I think that guy was a member of CPF that had a Maglite so bright and hot it ignited newspaper at approx I think 1/4 to 1/2 foot. No it was not a LED. It was a HID if I remember correctly. Brings a whole new meaning to 'light someone up with a flashlight'.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)