[Canadian Tire] Master Chef Portable Induction Hot Plate $44.99 - WAS $99

Regular $99 - on sale for $59.99 with 25% Appliance rebate = $44.99

Seems like a pretty good deal !

What dancing banana ?
35 replies
Jul 21, 2016
693 posts
1163 upvotes
Never heard of this saving program. How does it work ?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  / \
   | |
  _/ ¯ \_
🆁🅴🅳 🅵🅻🅰🅶 🅳🅴🅰🅻🆂
Jul 18, 2014
334 posts
695 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
good price but there's quite a few bad reviews
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
16222 posts
5503 upvotes
I purchased the Ikea model a while back, works well, though the 800W minimum and pulsing below that is kinda annoying.
I would try this one just to see how the features compare.
In Japan, the hand can be used like a knife.
But this method doesn't work with a tomato...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5622 posts
544 upvotes
pman113 wrote: good price but there's quite a few bad reviews
Quentin5 wrote: I purchased the Ikea model a while back, works well, though the 800W minimum and pulsing below that is kinda annoying.
I would try this one just to see how the features compare.
https://www.amazon.ca/Salton-ID1350-Por ... CA6VA1AP77
^looks identical to this Salton branded induction hot plate... hmm.....
Nov 22, 2017
113 posts
215 upvotes
Montreal
I used this model for 1.5 years, pretty good overall, we cooked 90% on it instead of our old Frigidaire stove. It started breaking after that, the power cord started fusing, so we bought big induction appliance from GE.
The price tag 50 cad is pretty normal for these though. We bought ours at this price and Salton induction was also sold in Costco for 50 cad for a while. Also Canadian Tire offers two burners induction from MasterChef, was 150 on sale last time I saw it.
Nov 29, 2006
922 posts
267 upvotes
Do I have to change all my pots and pans to magnetic-based if I want to use this?

https://www.thespruceeats.com/what-is-t ... ops-908920

Not all pieces of cookware can be used on induction cooktops and stoves. ... For this reason, cookware made from aluminum, copper or glass, including Pyrex will not work on its own. Induction cookware must be made of a magnetic-based material, such as cast iron or magnetic stainless steel.
Nov 30, 2016
289 posts
281 upvotes
Mississauga
pcbc168 wrote: Do I have to change all my pots and pans to magnetic-based if I want to use this?

https://www.thespruceeats.com/what-is-t ... ops-908920

Not all pieces of cookware can be used on induction cooktops and stoves. ... For this reason, cookware made from aluminum, copper or glass, including Pyrex will not work on its own. Induction cookware must be made of a magnetic-based material, such as cast iron or magnetic stainless steel.
Yes ... or you could get an iron plate and place underneath the non-ferrous pot/pan. A little less efficient , but works
Nov 29, 2006
922 posts
267 upvotes
I was thinking to buy one of these induction cook top for hot pots.
Apr 18, 2018
44 posts
34 upvotes
I've had my eye on one of these elements for a while; it seems like the normal price has nearly doubled whoever you buy from?