• Dec 1st, 2022 9:37 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2008
1012 posts
931 upvotes
Ottawa

[Canadian Tire] Master Chef Sous Vide - 19.77 [YMMV]

I'm on my second annova as my first one died last year. Picked this up last week on clearance for $40 as a backup. Used it for the first time and it worked very well. Pretty straightforward to set and run. Didn't even open the instruction manual.

Really like the clip to hold it to the side of the container vs using a threaded clamp.

Great price for someone wanting to get into sous viding.

Stock Tracker:
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0438240

14 units in Kemptville ON if you are close by.
324 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3439 posts
2569 upvotes
Great price, but this is one kitchen appliance I feel I can live without.
Apr 30, 2020
294 posts
318 upvotes
Vancouver
i remember when sous vide was a really new thing i bought my polyscience unit for $800. not surprised that it's so cheap now since it's really a simple device.
next home appliance i'm waiting for to come down in price is a freeze dryer, but they're still like $3000 because theres no competition in the market.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4939 posts
6144 upvotes
razrsharp wrote: Great price, but this is one kitchen appliance I feel I can live without.
25$ at the local store. Makes for a good holiday gift.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1325 posts
717 upvotes
Hawkesbury, ON
Thanks OP. Didn’t get one at $19 but did manage to get it for $39 so still a good deal. Been wanting to pick one up for some time.
Oct 23, 2015
118 posts
19 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Dang showing $140.99 for me
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3439 posts
2569 upvotes
JWL wrote: Have you made sous vide steaks? Can't do without once you have.
FINE, in for one with $11 shipping to home. I'll try other things with it, but honestly I feel I've mastered my steaks on charcoal, cast iron, or even my gas bbq to the point I'm usually disappointed when I order steak at a restaurant. Can't imagine how this is going to make it much better.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2008
1012 posts
931 upvotes
Ottawa
razrsharp wrote: FINE, in for one with $11 shipping to home. I'll try other things with it, but honestly I feel I've mastered my steaks on charcoal, cast iron, or even my gas bbq to the point I'm usually disappointed when I order steak at a restaurant. Can't imagine how this is going to make it much better.
Perfect steaks every time! Never overcooked and consistent temp throughout the meat. Just needs a little searing to finish.

Also great for timing all of your side dishes. You don't need to babysit the steaks and run back and forth to the stove. I always prep the sides and then spend 5 minutes at the end to pat dry the steaks and sear them.

You won't be disappointed... especially at this price. Paid $250 USD for my first one many years ago.
Jul 30, 2010
425 posts
173 upvotes
Woodbridge
My locations are showing $40.00

Can I sous vide in food saver bags?
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1985 posts
1838 upvotes
Toronto
Just asking cause I am ne..is it worth spending hours just for a steak, fish chicken etc...
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2711 posts
1382 upvotes
Montréal, QC
none at 19$ here, but even at 40$ it's a good price
Oct 20, 2003
716 posts
189 upvotes
Down to $40 in my local CT... store is the furthest one away too... decisions... thanks for sharing OP
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3510 posts
3988 upvotes
Prince George
mark_98 wrote: Can I sous vide in food saver bags?
Yes. Ziploc might be cheaper but vacuum freezer bags definitely work fine. And are kind of the origin of the name ... "sous vide" means "under vacuum".
Smiley22 wrote: Just asking cause I am ne..is it worth spending hours just for a steak, fish chicken etc...
Probably the best part about sous vide is how forgiving it is with respect to cooking time. It's pretty hard to dry out foods by overcooking. You can turn them to mush if you leave them in for waaaay too long, but generally you throw stuff in and take it out whenever it's convenient.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33252 posts
15101 upvotes
mark_98 wrote: Can I sous vide in food saver bags?
My thinking was that you had to do this for proper sous vide--you need a vacuum sealer, no?
Jul 21, 2005
217 posts
187 upvotes
Awesome, thanks!
Perfect gift to give someone you don't want to spend money on, but want them to think you did.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)