Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Master Chef Sous Vide - 19.77 [YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2023 9:22 am
Jan 29, 2021
21 posts
14 upvotes
PaCo2016 wrote: I'm in CT Limbo , I guess . I ordered it to Erb Street CT in KW - made it my favorite store and ordered it for pickup for 20 $ (28 minutes away) . I got an email saying it was being processed and wait for next email . Nothing for the last 16 hours . No email , CT site says it's still processing and Stocktrack says 0 at the store (3 when I ordered) .
They called back the next day. They ran out of stock (after I had ordered) , so now they have ordered one from the warehouse . It should be at their store in a week - at the price I paid online -19.97 $ Thanks CT !!!!
Dec 10, 2019
80 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Got one for $39.99 in Coquitlam, BC.
Tried it out last night, steak turned out well but for the amount of time it takes to fully cook it seems bit long.
How long does it take to fully get a 2 - 3 steaks to 130degrees? And does size / cut varies?
A0A4473E-9C03-44D0-8F70-ABAC73B5FD2E.jpeg
Feb 24, 2020
234 posts
140 upvotes
ChaiHerb wrote: Got one for $39.99 in Coquitlam, BC.
Tried it out last night, steak turned out well but for the amount of time it takes to fully cook it seems bit long.
How long does it take to fully get a 2 - 3 steaks to 130degrees? And does size / cut varies?
You are suppose to let it heat up to the temp you want before placing the steaks in. Then depending on how thick it is the cooking time can be anywhere between 2.5-4 hours from my experience
Feb 3, 2019
403 posts
478 upvotes
2-3 hours @ 135F. Doesnt matter how many cut and size. Just make sure they aint touching
Feb 6, 2008
797 posts
237 upvotes
It’s not a “need steak ASAP” tool. But it’s brilliant to hold a bunch of steaks at medium rare for up to an hour before you want to sear them — which makes a dinner party so much more relaxing. All time pressure is off.

(Not that I’m buying steak at inflation prices these days…)
May 31, 2016
587 posts
586 upvotes
For $20 if it's at my local I'll get it to try. I do a lot of smoking and freeze the meats in single serve vacuum bags and boil to reheat as is. Would be interesting to see the difference using this to reheat.
Mar 24, 2016
56 posts
15 upvotes
Works great for roasts that take a long time as a set it and forget it for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners

It works best for pork because that easily gets overcooked

Also, don't underestimate SV vegetables too - maple glazed carrots, i've made beets, mashed potatoes too
Feb 6, 2008
797 posts
237 upvotes
Or chicken breasts! Hold at 150 degrees long enough and it’s perfectly safe, plus way juicier than the traditional 165 degrees with “normal” cooking.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
5759 posts
33767 upvotes
Montreal
bwr827 wrote: It’s not a “need steak ASAP” tool. But it’s brilliant to hold a bunch of steaks at medium rare for up to an hour before you want to sear them — which makes a dinner party so much more relaxing. All time pressure is off.

(Not that I’m buying steak at inflation prices these days…)
I have an Inkbird model - and the reason for a having the "sit 'n sear" option was exactly why I picked up one from CT.
crazyzeus wrote:
Also, don't underestimate SV vegetables too - maple glazed carrots, i've made beets, mashed potatoes too
I did this last Christmas and it was great. All vegs were cooked before - but they sat in a warm bath to reheat and stay nice and warm. It was perfect.
Last edited by krazykanuck on Sep 30th, 2022 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2008
1014 posts
931 upvotes
Ottawa
A couple left at the Ottawa Bank and Heron location.
Images
  • 119A9A10-AFAA-4DB4-82D8-769A72E71B28.jpeg
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1671 posts
1865 upvotes
Markham
Thickness of the cuts will matter, as well as type, as some you may want to break down more or less. There are many guides such as this:
https://www.seriouseats.com/food-lab-co ... vide-steak

You can preheat the water before adding in your food to have more stable temperature from start to finish, but I don't bother.
If you have a covered vessel it'll be much quicker and easier to hold temps.
I use an ikea 365+ container with gasket lid ($10.99 total, but only the lid is showing online now. Online shipping also sucks, costs like $10 and the lids were ALL broken) that I'd also put in to a cooler to insulate.
(for 3D printing people, the Ikea containers also fit 2x spindles well). The container warps a bit from the heat, depending on how hot you get it, but not enough that it actually melts or anything.

ikeaorder.jpg

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Apr 18, 2012
194 posts
123 upvotes
RICHMOND
bk wrote:

If you have a covered vessel it'll be much quicker and easier to hold temps.
I use an ikea 365+ container with gasket lid ($10.99 total, but only the lid is showing online now. Online shipping also sucks, costs like $10 and the lids were ALL broken) that I'd also put in to a cooler to insulate.
(for 3D printing people, the Ikea containers also fit 2x spindles well). The container warps a bit from the heat, depending on how hot you get it, but not enough that it actually melts or anything.
Do you cut a hole in the lid to fit in the Sous Vide?
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1671 posts
1865 upvotes
Markham
snowwhitebear wrote: Do you cut a hole in the lid to fit in the Sous Vide?
Yep. I put some masking tape over it, then marked out a circle.
If you have a dremel to cut it it'll probably be easiest. An X-acto was taking forever, so I just used a soldering iron like an electric hot knife to melt it out Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

sv1.jpg
sv2.jpg

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Apr 18, 2012
194 posts
123 upvotes
RICHMOND
uklamen wrote: There are plenty available at $25. Milton Ontario for instance has a lot of $25.

For me it was $10.99 for one shipped, $29.99 for 5. I only needed 5, so not sure how many I could have got for $30 shipping.
It's $14.99 to ship one, and $20 to ship 2 in BC
May 22, 2011
181 posts
54 upvotes
THORNHILL
If anyone has an extra in the GTA please let me know thanks
Oct 8, 2010
931 posts
239 upvotes
GTA
Same... If anyone has extra GTA I'd like to take one please
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3199 posts
1880 upvotes
snowwhitebear wrote: It's $14.99 to ship one, and $20 to ship 2 in BC
I'm sure it's dependant on location. I was only maybe 5 hour drive away from the store.

Next question is finding a good deal on a container and rack to go with it.
Apr 18, 2012
194 posts
123 upvotes
RICHMOND
uklamen wrote: I'm sure it's dependant on location. I was only maybe 5 hour drive away from the store.
I tried, even the store within 1 hour drive away, that's still $14.99 shipping cost in BC. So, can just pick one further out but at lower price.