Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Master Chef Sous Vide - 19.77 [YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2023 9:22 am
Apr 13, 2009
866 posts
388 upvotes
Mikedawop wrote: Need keep your finger on it for 5 secs.

If that doesn't work, it might be defect.

I have 2 and both are perfect.
Thank you for suggestion. Unfortunately that didn't make any difference.
Aug 14, 2022
413 posts
940 upvotes
Montreal
TE7 wrote: Thank you for suggestion. Unfortunately that didn't make any difference.
Dunno if you tried this but you have to set temperature "first" then press the temp/time button to set time.

I too had this problem at first but the manual made me realize this.

Good Luck
Mar 11, 2004
805 posts
614 upvotes
Quebec City
TE7 wrote: Thank you for suggestion. Unfortunately that didn't make any difference.
I didn't understand how mine worked. You don't need to "press" the buttons, just to touch them lightly and keep your finger on it. It took me a while to understand and thought it was defective for a while.
Apr 18, 2012
195 posts
125 upvotes
RICHMOND
jakeoh wrote: I didn't understand how mine worked. You don't need to "press" the buttons, just to touch them lightly and keep your finger on it. It took me a while to understand and thought it was defective for a while.
The way you turn it on vs turn it off -- is it the same ie touch it lightly and keep your finger on it for couple seconds?
I have a hard time to turn it on as well. Tried 10 times or so in order to turn it on. However, no problem to turn it off lol. I kept my finger on it for a minute and even longer, still no able to turn it on most of the time.

@TE7 Did you exchange your unit? I am thinking to exchange mine if the store has it, as I spent $15 on shipping for it.
Apr 13, 2009
866 posts
388 upvotes
snowwhitebear wrote: The way you turn it on vs turn it off -- is it the same ie touch it lightly and keep your finger on it for couple seconds?
I have a hard time to turn it on as well. Tried 10 times or so in order to turn it on. However, no problem to turn it off lol. I kept my finger on it for a minute and even longer, still no able to turn it on most of the time.

@TE7 Did you exchange your unit? I am thinking to exchange mine if the store has it, as I spent $15 on shipping for it.
Yes, I did exchange mine.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3200 posts
1880 upvotes
Sadly one I gave as a gift didn't work. Turned on and worked a bit then shut off and now it will flash and shut off immediately.

Hoping I can exchange but it's been over 90 days :(
Apr 18, 2012
195 posts
125 upvotes
RICHMOND
uklamen wrote: Sadly one I gave as a gift didn't work. Turned on and worked a bit then shut off and now it will flash and shut off immediately.

Hoping I can exchange but it's been over 90 days :(
You should be able to exchange as it's still under warranty, as long as you have the receipt. The challenge is to find a store with the product near you.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2785 posts
1940 upvotes
London
snowwhitebear wrote: You should be able to exchange as it's still under warranty, as long as you have the receipt.
Warranty and store exchange are 2 different things.

Outside the return period the store can rightly tell you to deal with the manufacturer.
They might exchange it as a good will gesture though.
Apr 18, 2012
195 posts
125 upvotes
RICHMOND
arisk wrote: Warranty and store exchange are 2 different things.

Outside the return period the store can rightly tell you to deal with the manufacturer.
They might exchange it as a good will gesture though.
@uklamen

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... ent=341376

It is in CT website for this product, said 1 year exchange warranty redeemable in store
Images
  • sous vide.JPG
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2785 posts
1940 upvotes
London
snowwhitebear wrote: It is in CT website for this product, said 1 year exchange warranty redeemable in store
Good to go then.
Swap it out.
Apr 18, 2012
195 posts
125 upvotes
RICHMOND
Rob76 wrote: None of the CTs near me has any more stock of this. If it fails in first year, would they instead just refund?
I called to CT CS before, they said usually the store would refund in gift card. I heard from other forum mentioned these refund gift cards got expiry date.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3200 posts
1880 upvotes
Went in and it took awhile.. they eventually gave me a refund on a gift card.

I used it right away, wasn't taking any chances. Now to find a comparable Xmas present.. hard to beat that value, but I guess anything is better since that one was dead.

I asked if they could bring in from another store and they said they can't.