Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Master Chef Sous Vide - 19.77 [YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2023 9:22 am
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3200 posts
1880 upvotes
Smiley22 wrote: Only pick up is free...Milton is too far for me..Thanks anyway
Yup. Need to pay for shipping with this deal likely for most of us. No where near me has it for $40, so $25 + $11 shipped makes it even better and worth the wait for shipping.

Since I got more than one, my cost per item shipped was lower :)
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
2046 posts
1916 upvotes
Toronto
uklamen wrote: Yup. Need to pay for shipping with this deal likely for most of us. No where near me has it for $40, so $25 + $11 shipped makes it even better and worth the wait for shipping.

Thank you for your tip!!! Much appreciated!!
Aug 14, 2022
413 posts
940 upvotes
Montreal
uklamen wrote: Yup. Need to pay for shipping with this deal likely for most of us. No where near me has it for $40, so $25 + $11 shipped makes it even better and worth the wait for shipping.

Well said, YesSmiling Face With Sunglasses

Got one for 19$ + 10.99$ shipped...omg, what a steal!
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11625 posts
4761 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
Cheapest I see is $39.93.
Nov 25, 2015
173 posts
214 upvotes
Montr
razrsharp wrote: FINE, in for one with $11 shipping to home. I'll try other things with it, but honestly I feel I've mastered my steaks on charcoal, cast iron, or even my gas bbq to the point I'm usually disappointed when I order steak at a restaurant. Can't imagine how this is going to make it much better.
My thoughts were the same until I got one. Instead of having the top and bottom of the meat overcooked and the center just right you have through and through perfectly cooked steak with a quick sear on the charcoal. Sometimes I ad some wood chips to give it smoky flavor.

I usually put the steaks 15 mins or so in the freezer when I take them out of the SV to cool down the outer layer so not to overcook it.

I also SV them straight from frozen about 1h per inch. They are usually salted before being vacuum sealed and the re seasoned just before putting them on the grill (salt pepper only but sometime ad oignon and garlic powder.

SV:sous vide
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11731 posts
3350 upvotes
Kingston
GreyingJay wrote: You need to put the food in something, ideally vacuum sealed (as per the name of the device) but if you can't do that, the next best thing is to put it in a ziplock bag and just suck the air out with a straw or by pressing the bag into the food. You want the hot water to be able to contact the food through the bag with few or no air bubbles or pockets which would act as an insulating, blocking layer.
You don't need to use a straw. Just leave the bag unsealed and let it down into the water. The water pressure will push out the air. Sometimes you sort of need to drop it in quickly while keeping the top out. I like to leave a bit of air in the top (above the meat) so it floats vertically in the water.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4502 posts
4820 upvotes
$40 in GVA.
Can you sous vide a whole chicken (intact)?
Feb 1, 2013
478 posts
480 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: $40 in GVA.
Can you sous vide a whole chicken (intact)?
You can, but it will take awhile. 5-6 hours.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4502 posts
4820 upvotes
s1gfromwpg wrote: You can, but it will take awhile. 5-6 hours.
Thanks!
Think I'll buy this just to make this dish alone.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1174 posts
1161 upvotes
What is this madness!? Smiling Face With Horns Different CT stores have wildly different prices -- on the same item! I haven't found any in stock for the same price. The cheapest is $39.99 and only 2 left, and another store have this for $140.99 regular price.

Good deal though, but it's too good to last. Thanks, OP.
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Feb 24, 2020
249 posts
143 upvotes
curlyface wrote: Check stock track and find stores with lowest prices.

Select said store on website

Select ship to my home

Everyone should be able to get one for under $40 shipped.
Did just that. Milton has it for cheapest from what I saw. Delivery fee added but still cheaper than in store for 40
Mar 5, 2018
550 posts
1190 upvotes
Montreal
What’s the difference between this and foodsaver machine?
Jul 30, 2010
462 posts
191 upvotes
Woodbridge
ES_Revenge wrote: My thinking was that you had to do this for proper sous vide--you need a vacuum sealer, no?
Yah I just wasn't sure if you need special bags or the regular ones were ok
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3660 posts
4273 upvotes
Prince George
hammouz wrote: What’s the difference between this and foodsaver machine?
This is an immersion heater. It heats and circulates water at a precise temperature.

A foodsaver machine is a vacuum bag sealer. It removes air from plastic bags and seals the opening.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
7458 posts
7687 upvotes
Downtown Canada
My Milton order was ready for picking within 30 min. Ordered 2.
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines
Fringe Minority
Oct 2, 2007
900 posts
404 upvotes
Montreal
The trick (I know, I just figured this out myself today by trying to get one for cheaper than my local CT) is to set your Preferred Store to the one showing the lowest price, add it to cart and pay for shipping. That way, you still get the deal, albeit paying extra for shipping. In my case, I was able to score 2x at $25 each. So, the shipping isn't ideal, but I won't have to drive far to get the special. :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

CanadianMatt