Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 10A Plunge Router with Bit Set, 5-pc $89.99 YMMV or $69.93 PM Provincial CT's YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2019 9:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1269 posts
1967 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 10A Plunge Router with Bit Set, 5-pc $89.99 YMMV or $69.93 PM Provincial CT's YMMV

Canadian Tire has these on clearance across Canada. Please read info below how to get it for $89.99 or cheaper $69.93 YMMV. Thanks and enjoy the deal.

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

Some Canadian Tires are selling them for $69.93. You have to ask the manager to price match. Apparently they can only match within the province.

If you’re ready to purchase at a Canadian Tire Retail store and know of a lower price at a Local Competitor for an Identical Item:

• Show a store associate the Local Competitor’s offer for the Identical Item using a website ad or flyer
•Once the Canadian Tire associate determines that your item qualifies, they will Price Match to the lower offer

Use this online tool to see your local pricing. - https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=054-6988-6 and enter your postal code
Last edited by KenAdams on Aug 10th, 2019 11:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
$50 15GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Rogers
$22.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
$0.00 a month w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk / $9.99 6 months texting (FREE using Google Rewards) - Fongo Mobile App
30 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8062 posts
1897 upvotes
Mont-Royal
I stay away from Mastercraft or crappy tire. Their return policy is a joke. Mastercraft is only one level above dollarama.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1210 posts
501 upvotes
Toronto
Their Maximum line goes onsale several times a year for $99-109. Much better one.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
1327 posts
1169 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
KenAdams wrote: I was at Canadian Tire this evening looking at routers and the guy in the tool area said this one is being discontinued or clearance starting tomorrow (Saturday August 10th) and the price is dropping to $89.99. He offered me that price tonight but then he told me about a better one that's going on clearance on September 14th and it will be a HUGE discount. So I'm waiting till that one goes on sale. I don't want to say which one just yet because I want one first. LOL. Hope this guy was telling the truth and not BSing me to impress his cute female co-worker!
Is it the Maximum fixed/plunge router? If so, that was on sale last fall for $99.99 when I secured one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1269 posts
1967 upvotes
tvisforme and tunglete... LOL. Guess you guys knew which one it was. Ya, he said it was going to be $99. That's a nice chunk of savings!
$0.00 a month w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk / $9.99 6 months texting (FREE using Google Rewards) - Fongo Mobile App
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
16831 posts
18545 upvotes
Oakville
L4cky wrote: I stay away from Mastercraft or crappy tire. Their return policy is a joke. Mastercraft is only one level above dollarama.
I've never had an issue with returns at any of the stores I've been to. Whether new in box, or a week old, beat up angle grinder that failed. No questions asked. If you had issues you must have a terrible manager at the one you go to. Do you return lots of items? [removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 10th, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reported/inappropriate comment removed
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
May 27, 2011
448 posts
277 upvotes
NORTH YORK
L4cky wrote: I stay away from Mastercraft or crappy tire. Their return policy is a joke. Mastercraft is only one level above dollarama.
I thought mastercraft has a lifetime warranty. You can exchange it without a receipt
Jan 2, 2009
159 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
I second this. I had a horrible experience returning an air compressor that didn't work. I told them what happened and they said it's considered used so can only exchange. I went in the following day and returned it with another story. I think this is the case because CT is franchised imo.
Aug 29, 2001
435 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
honestly as an amateur diy house guy, I don't see a need for a plunge / fixed router in my toolkit. Am I missing something or are you all woodworking master craftsmen? what would I use this for as an average joe blow?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
45856 posts
6346 upvotes
Richmond Hill
baseline wrote: honestly as an amateur diy house guy, I don't see a need for a plunge / fixed router in my toolkit. Am I missing something or are you all woodworking master craftsmen? what would I use this for as an average joe blow?
I would agree, but you might be underestimating the amount of casual wood workers on RFD. Just search up any old deal on saws and you'll see they are quite popular.
Jan 21, 2007
484 posts
201 upvotes
Calgary, AB
katonfire wrote: I thought mastercraft has a lifetime warranty. You can exchange it without a receipt
I had a Canadian Tire manager say to my face "how do I know where you got it from?" when I was trying to exchange a Mastercraft Maximum torque wrench. I completely lost it on him and ended up writing a business letter to head office.
That one interaction destroyed any faith and loyalty I had to Canadian Tire. I avoid shopping there the majority of the time now. I won't even buy Helly Hanson products not that they own them.
Last edited by phreezee on Aug 11th, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1269 posts
1967 upvotes
raskal wrote: $69.93 near me. Almost tempting

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=054-6988-6

no 1/2" collet and not Maximum... I'll pass
Either way, thanks for the heads up!! I got my local CT to match it. At first it was ... we only match in province but apparently some CT in Manitoba are selling them at $69.93 so they matched it. Thanks again!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16886 posts
7179 upvotes
engineered wrote: I've never had an issue with returns at any of the stores I've been to. Whether new in box, or a week old, beat up angle grinder that failed. No questions asked. If you had issues you must have a terrible manager at the one you go to. Do you return lots of items? [removed]
I find from comments that's a huge problem. It seems like people walk in with a poor attitude and expect treatment beyond what the return policy provides. CT does a great job at clearly defining their return policy for each item on their website. I have never had a problem returning an item or exchanging it under warranty, and have seen many above-and-beyond returns such as Mastercraft stuff that is so old it's not even sold in store any longer.

I am sure being such a large retailer they have a large quantity of returns, and a large quantity of unsatisfactory returns. While ordering an item that needed to by pulled from their warehouse I was waiting at Customer Service and someone brought in an item that was with no packaging and completely assembled. They wanted to return the item because they no longer wanted it (gift). The store manager had to explain that because there is nothing wrong with the item their only option is to sell it as an open-box item at a discounted price. People do not stop to think about the loss that someone needs to take, they just don't want it to be them.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1266 posts
347 upvotes
Vaughan
i bought the maximum fixed and plunged router combo for $99 a while back. I still haven't opened the box, lol...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5832 posts
3392 upvotes
Ottawa
baseline wrote: honestly as an amateur diy house guy, I don't see a need for a plunge / fixed router in my toolkit. Am I missing something or are you all woodworking master craftsmen? what would I use this for as an average joe blow?
Mounted upside down under a router table with a good fence, a powerful router is a great substitute for a shaper. With the right bits, you can do exquisite joinery for rails/stiles of cabinet doors, dovetail slots, etc. The plunge feature makes it so much easier to adjust the height of the cutting bit to provide that much better precision. I would have to play with a router before I could determine if I could live with it - I don't think this would meet my criteria but it doesn't look awful either. At $70, it's a bargain and if you're only doing at most modest profiles in thin hardwood pieces, I am sure this one would be fine.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3329 posts
654 upvotes
Winnipeg
KenAdams wrote: Either way, thanks for the heads up!! I got my local CT to match it. At first it was ... we only match in province but apparently some CT in Manitoba are selling them at $69.93 so they matched it. Thanks again!
which ones in Manitoba? I've checked Stocktrack and the only ones I can find are in ON and SK

Edit: NVM saw it in Brandon

BTW, can I use this to cut my garage wall (made of plywood)? Makes it simplier rather than ripping all the plywood and reinstalling new ones... the bottom part of my garage walls are all rotten, and the upper part is still good...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1269 posts
1967 upvotes
khulit wrote: which ones in Manitoba? I've checked Stocktrack and the only ones I can find are in ON and SK

BTW, can I use this to cut my garage wall (made of plywood)? Makes it simplier rather than ripping all the plywood and reinstalling new ones... the bottom part of my garage walls are all rotten, and the upper part is still good...
Sorry khulit, but I'm not a professional. I'm just a dude who likes to play with wood.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5832 posts
3392 upvotes
Ottawa
khulit wrote: which ones in Manitoba? I've checked Stocktrack and the only ones I can find are in ON and SK

You either want a rotozip or a circular saw with depth adjustment (they all do).