• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2018 10:17 am
[OP]
Jun 10, 2015
277 posts
708 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 17-ft Multi-Task Ladder

17' (43 m) multi-ladder is designed to accommodate the most demanding applications, with 19 possible configurations in 1' (0.3 m) increment height adjustment
Earlier price: $319.99
Images
  • download (4).png
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 18th, 2018 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited retailer in title
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3433 posts
573 upvotes
Hamilton
I'm thinking it's time I start looking into these, my wife is asking me for a Christmas gift idea.

Can anyone give me a quick run down on this one? Good price? Average? This one supports 300lbs, I remember reading that the weight of the ladder makes a difference as some are a lot heavier then others.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1583 posts
1187 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
I have the one below. Very happy with it. If I had to do it again, I'd probably get the 21' instead.
Price wise.... $160 is not a barn burner deal. <$125 would be hot.

Vulcan 17'
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1046 posts
208 upvotes
I bought the exact same ladder a year ago. Used it to insulate the garage and recently to change all light bulbs and paint the house. Very happy with it. Compact to store.
Jul 22, 2004
990 posts
359 upvotes
Montreal
I have the 21'. I wouldn't get smaller, it's nice to have the option of being higher in different configurations.
It's especially useful in stairs.

It is a bit heavy to carry around but it's not too bad. My girlfriend prefers asking me to get it in and out of the basement because of the weight.

It doesn't take much room to store, so that's nice.
Sep 7, 2014
642 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this few month back when it was $119. But ended up returning it as it was short for some other needs, I was unable to reach the foyer chandelier, I am still looking for a good price on 21’
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4203 posts
3138 upvotes
Markham
adblink182 wrote: I'm thinking it's time I start looking into these, my wife is asking me for a Christmas gift idea.

Can anyone give me a quick run down on this one? Good price? Average? This one supports 300lbs, I remember reading that the weight of the ladder makes a difference as some are a lot heavier then others.

Thanks.
This would be the male equivalent of a vaccuum cleaner for ladies as an xmas gift. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2782 upvotes
As always, 3 things to know:

1. The stated length of ladders is not their actual length - it's a rough indication of how high a typical person should be able to work while standing on a safe rung of the ladder at full extension. The actual length of the ladder is shorter.

2. This type of multi-purpose ladder is versatile but heavy compared to a standard extension ladder. Not a big deal for some people, but something to consider if you need to move it around a lot or store it in a difficult spot.

3. It's not as easy to use as an extension ladder when extending it to full height. You have to extend the ladder to full length on the ground, and then move it into place while holding at one end with limited leverage with all that weight waving around in the air. With an extension ladder, you place the ladder first and then run the extension up as high as you need it.

This is a reasonable choice for flexibility if you are only going to buy one ladder, but for regular household use it's worthwhile to also buy a longer extension ladder and a light weight step ladder.

But this is far from the best price these have been offered at, and the "regular price" is ridiculous.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1207 posts
287 upvotes
Winnipeg
I'd say this is warm... picked one up from crappy tire last year during BF weekend for 109.99. Roughly under 122.00 after taxes..
But yah if your looking to acquiring one it's the best ladder for getting in the garage rafters and and have never felt the safety of stability any better then this ladder I've ever used.
Le_arned to Churn now I use it as my hanrness.
Buy low sell high, always make a way to get what you want!💪😁👌
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5024 posts
1737 upvotes
Ottawa
I remember I got it for$99 several years ago on BD.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9614 posts
1029 upvotes
Hmm, this would be good to use for hanging Christmas lights and to run my extension cord from the backyard since I don't have an outlet at the front of the house.