Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 2 Pack Angle Grinders $49.99 (starts Aug. 14)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2020 2:45 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 16, 2015
158 posts
72 upvotes
Scarborough, ON

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 2 Pack Angle Grinders $49.99 (starts Aug. 14)

Mastercraft 4.5-in Angle Grinder with Bonus Cut-Off Disc & Guard, 2-pack

Sale starts tomorrow August 14-20
Regular Price $139.98
SALE $49.99
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 13th, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
24 replies
Nov 5, 2008
322 posts
202 upvotes
Richmond
Thanked.
Would appreciate any leads for 4.5" cut off and other disc-packs on sale. I bought the Ryobi grinder with free battery promo and looking for some discs.
Nov 12, 2019
90 posts
211 upvotes
While this is a good price, the regular price is way inflated. HD regularly has a 2-pack of Ryobi for around this price IIRC.

Something I've learned from my cordless angle grinder is that wired is WAY better - cordless eats through batteries like there is no tomorrow on harder materials.
Jul 5, 2008
560 posts
286 upvotes
Westbeachbc wrote: Thanked.
Would appreciate any leads for 4.5" cut off and other disc-packs on sale. I bought the Ryobi grinder with free battery promo and looking for some discs.
CT regularly puts discs on sale. The pack contains a few masonry and the rest are metal. Think they run 20$
n1ckt0 wrote: While this is a good price, the regular price is way inflated. HD regularly has a 2-pack of Ryobi for around this price IIRC.

Something I've learned from my cordless angle grinder is that wired is WAY better - cordless eats through batteries like there is no tomorrow on harder materials.
Just need a better unit. We have a DeWalt 60v angle grinder and it's great. Saves dragging a cord out all the time. I also have corded for when I'm near power.
Dec 24, 2010
282 posts
205 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
n1ckt0 wrote: Something I've learned from my cordless angle grinder is that wired is WAY better - cordless eats through batteries like there is no tomorrow on harder materials.
these units are rated 6A. I saw higher amperage units - do they have more power. I need these to cut through gyproc or wood. Do i need more than 6A for light duty jobs like wood (usually don't touch metals)
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1060 posts
880 upvotes
Vancouver
why does one need 2? it's not like a 6-pack of socks :P
Dec 24, 2010
282 posts
205 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
Sales is Aug 13-19 not [OP]'s aug 14-20
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4549 posts
1549 upvotes
BestFind wrote: Sales is Aug 13-19 not [OP]'s aug 14-20
Depends where you live.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Dec 24, 2010
282 posts
205 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
a_dee wrote: why does one need 2? it's not like a 6-pack of socks :P
my wild guess would be that we can use one for grinding and one for cutting
Aug 14, 2006
21 posts
25 upvotes
Richmond
For when the first cheap-o one bites the dust.
Nov 12, 2019
90 posts
211 upvotes
To reduce blade changing when working with multiple materials. One for metal, one for masonry for example.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4172 posts
3449 upvotes
Toronto
When you're doing demolition, you'll often need to cut through both metal and masonry, but the discs get hot and you'll need to wait for them to cool down before switching discs. Because the tools are so cheap anyway, it's easier to just have multiple ones with different discs and thus not waste time switching discs.

I've seen pro photographers at events like weddings with multiple cameras with different lenses for the same reason. If they had just one camera back, they'll waste time switching between telephoto and wide, etc.
Feb 9, 2018
41 posts
15 upvotes
BestFind wrote: my wild guess would be that we can use one for grinding and one for cutting
Saves so much time and aggravation; much better work flow
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
5437 posts
2995 upvotes
Toronto
BestFind wrote: these units are rated 6A. I saw higher amperage units - do they have more power. I need these to cut through gyproc or wood. Do i need more than 6A for light duty jobs like wood (usually don't touch metals)
These are not for drywall and wood...
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3342 posts
2173 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Metal fabrication work is why. One with a cut off disc, one with a coarse grind disc, another with a flap disc.
These grinders are definitely not the nicest to work with, but if one shits the bed, or you splatter the housing in welding slag, no big deal.