Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 2 Pack Angle Grinders $49.99 (starts Aug. 14)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2020 2:45 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 29, 2010
342 posts
391 upvotes
a_dee wrote: why does one need 2? it's not like a 6-pack of socks :P
came here to ask the same question.

assumed it's because these are cheap and break easily, but was surprised by the other responses (blade changes/different blades, battery charging)
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1789 posts
771 upvotes
London
BestFind wrote: my wild guess would be that we can use one for grinding and one for cutting
n1ckt0 wrote:
To reduce blade changing when working with multiple materials. One for metal, one for masonry for example.
MrFrugal1 wrote:
Metal fabrication work is why. One with a cut off disc, one with a coarse grind disc, another with a flap disc.
These grinders are definitely not the nicest to work with, but if one shits the bed, or you splatter the housing in welding slag, no big deal.
pdipps wrote: came here to ask the same question.

assumed it's because these are cheap and break easily, but was surprised by the other responses (blade changes/different blades, battery charging)
The answers about attachment changes and work flow are the correct ones.
A serious DIYer/fabricator/welder would use multiple with different attachments.
Grab one, and grind.
Grab the other with a wire brush to clean up.
On to the next.
No attachment changes.

Not everyone is someone that pulls out a tool for occasional use.
Some go back and forth within minutes, or less.
Jan 30, 2010
292 posts
222 upvotes
Mississauga
For those asking about why you need two...odds are you don't need one.
Feb 18, 2010
874 posts
344 upvotes
Greely
If you're using a masonry disk, you will probably need two units...
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3491 posts
1556 upvotes
'Shwallywood
Watch this, Essential Craftsman is like the handy dad type. Very informative and a good watch

I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Dec 24, 2010
282 posts
205 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
I ordered yesterday and today the order was cancelled because the product is "no longer available"

In the Brossard store I just saw one grinder same rating at $49.99 instead of 2!

I wonder whether this was false advertising. Anybody in RFD successfully bought one?

Edit: went to a nearby store (Greenfield Park) which showed 3 in-store stock and grabbed the last one for $49.99. Funny that my on line order for free pickup at another store which showed in store stock of 2 got cancelled because product was not available. I found Canadian Tire on line website is very backwards and lacks the transparency and efficiency of other online vendors.
Jun 6, 2019
77 posts
104 upvotes
how does one use a grinder to cut drywall?
seems so violent for a job that a box cutter can do.
Jan 30, 2010
292 posts
222 upvotes
Mississauga
desstiny wrote: how does one use a grinder to cut drywall?
seems so violent for a job that a box cutter can do.
I've never heard of someone using an angle grinder on drywall. An oscillating tool can make really precise cuts in drywall for switch holes, etc.