Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 20V Max Cordless Brushed 1/2-in Drill & 1/2-in Impact Wrench Combo Kit for $139.99 (45% off)

[OP]
Nov 30, 2016
879 posts
1089 upvotes
Mississauga

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 20V Max Cordless Brushed 1/2-in Drill & 1/2-in Impact Wrench Combo Kit for $139.99 (45% off)

I've been looking into these powered tools. Does anyone with experience about these things know how these Mastercraft ones compare with other more recognized brand names like Milwaukee and Ridgid?
Just realized these are brushed tools. Not nearly as hot a deal but I'm leaving it on here in case it benefits someone else
5 replies
Aug 5, 2019
26 posts
51 upvotes
Milwaukee cordless tools will have the most power and usually the best battery life of any cordless tools, Rigid has almost as much power and the best warranty of any cordless tool brand (in my experience) Also Milwaukee and Rigid are owned by the same parent company IIRC.

That being said I haven't used mastercraft cordless but have used this Maximum and it's held up really well and has a decent amount of power
Nov 12, 2019
106 posts
252 upvotes
I wouldn't buy Mastercraft cordless again - I first bought a set back in about 2003ish but when all the batteries finally were all 100% shot they weren't producing anything compatible so I had to replace everything. I wouldn't trust Mastercraft not to do the same again.

I've since switched to Ryobi and couldn't be happier as a heavy DIY'er. My oldest batteries are about 4 years old and still around 75% capacity.
Jun 6, 2019
81 posts
106 upvotes
mastercraft brand are for the use it now and forget it later diyer
Jan 21, 2018
10 posts
5 upvotes
spend a bit more and get any ridgid, ryobi, dewalt, or makita system. They are reasonably priced and you can get replacement batteries. I bought mastercraft, and when the batteries died, they were useless as they switched to another lithium battery system. No support with the old system, was told to f off and toss em.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1001 posts
726 upvotes
Durham Region
ftank2018 wrote: spend a bit more and get any ridgid, ryobi, dewalt, or makita system. They are reasonably priced and you can get replacement batteries. I bought mastercraft, and when the batteries died, they were useless as they switched to another lithium battery system. No support with the old system, was told to f off and toss em.
Pretty much. Every mastercraft thread I basically say the same thing: forget this crap, couple bucks more (sometimes not) and you get better quality from the 4 other brands listed above + milwaukee