Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 20V Max Li-Ion Cordless Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit $129

[OP]
Jul 21, 2005
127 posts
20 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 20V Max Li-Ion Cordless Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit $129

Sorry not sure if this was posted or not. Is this a hot deal? any one know if this is a good combo set?

mainly is it better than:
https://www.lowes.ca/power-tool-combo-k ... 40556.html
or
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.m12- ... 72700.html
Last edited by audi_rs on Dec 5th, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Something something dark side...
9 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1001 posts
865 upvotes
MARKHAM
Go with dewalt.

Btw price in title please.
RFD Score:
Koodo $40/6GB PM migration plan;
Public Mobile $8 50/50 limited talk/text plan;
3GB LTE data monthly plan $15 - Fido;
Self-propelled gas mower $120 - Sears;
2-stage snowblower $399 - Lowes;
Iphone 6s outright $22 - Koodo.
[OP]
Jul 21, 2005
127 posts
20 upvotes
done, and thanks for the input. I think i will try to get home depot to price match it with an extra 10% off for 130 as i seen in another thread
Jul 6, 2016
107 posts
83 upvotes
audi_rs wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 2:55 pm
Sorry not sure if this was posted or not. Is this a hot deal? any one know if this is a good combo set?
Not trying to come across as a jerk, but I think this section of the forum shouldn't be a place where you question whether a deal is hot. Or else this section would get messy and be hard for others to navigate through threads containing actual hot deals and those just asking whether a deal is hot.
[OP]
Jul 21, 2005
127 posts
20 upvotes
Schen28 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 3:20 pm
Not trying to come across as a jerk, but I think this section of the forum shouldn't be a place where you question whether a deal is hot. Or else this section would get messy and be hard for others to navigate through threads containing actual hot deals and those just asking whether a deal is hot.
well the set is over 50% off so i thought it would be considered a hot deal regardless of my following question. Didnt take you as a jerk so no worries
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3408 posts
2143 upvotes
Toronto
Use "family10" at Lowes to get another $16 off the Dewalt, I picked it up for $144, much better
FreezingCanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2015 5:41 pm
We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Nov 18, 2008
561 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
Canadian Tire 50% off is like Lowes/HomeDepot 15% off, Mastercraft original prices are way too high and Canadian Tire have a lot of them 50% off every week. It's part of their marketing and strategy but that doesn't mean they're not good deals. If you can get the Dewalt version for $20 more then go for that instead. I have owned many Mastercraft tools and Dewalt tools, you can't compare Mastercraft to Dewalt, Mastercraft Maximum vs Dewalt is a more fairer comparison.

The dewalt set feels much better, the build quality and the feel of the plastic body are just much better. The Mastercraft Maximum is more like a Dewalt in terms of overall build quality and feel.
Nov 13, 2017
23 posts
11 upvotes
Home Depot had that same M12 for 100 last and the M18s for 158 I believe. You missed out big time. I would go with the M18s or a 18v - 20v system if this is your only set.
[OP]
Jul 21, 2005
127 posts
20 upvotes
samguan wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 4:20 pm
Canadian Tire 50% off is like Lowes/HomeDepot 15% off, Mastercraft original prices are way too high and Canadian Tire have a lot of them 50% off every week. It's part of their marketing and strategy but that doesn't mean they're not good deals. If you can get the Dewalt version for $20 more then go for that instead. I have owned many Mastercraft tools and Dewalt tools, you can't compare Mastercraft to Dewalt, Mastercraft Maximum vs Dewalt is a more fairer comparison.

The dewalt set feels much better, the build quality and the feel of the plastic body are just much better. The Mastercraft Maximum is more like a Dewalt in terms of overall build quality and feel.
thanks for the feed back
[OP]
Jul 21, 2005
127 posts
20 upvotes
WowBadSha wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 4:35 pm
Home Depot had that same M12 for 100 last and the M18s for 158 I believe. You missed out big time. I would go with the M18s or a 18v - 20v system if this is your only set.
is the m18 that much better than the dewalt i linked? HD has the m18 for $188 right now