• Jun 6th, 2017 11:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1692 posts
951 upvotes
Waterloo, ON

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 21' Multi-Task Ladder $169.99 50% Off

I am in need of a ladder to complete some painting on the stairs and this seems to be the best price for this type of ladder I have seen.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular ladder?
26 replies
Apr 8, 2017
14 posts
3 upvotes
I've purchased a similar ladder in the past and it's been a life changing purchase.
Dec 25, 2006
64 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver
I wish they delivered, as I don't have a car. I hear this is a heavy ladder, roughly 40lbs
Apr 17, 2017
115 posts
80 upvotes
GTA
Its a good ladder that will reach most heights. Likely a roof as well if straighten out to it's full reach capacity. It is quite heavy though and somewhat bulky. Nothing compared to an aluminum ladder for sure. But I would buy again for it's multipurpose. If you're looking for a ladder that will handle most needs this would be a good choice. Its both a long ladder, and the inside unit could be detach to be a smaller standalone ladder as well. No complains here about quality. I got it for $129 I believe and with a $50 Gc when you spent over $200 at can tires, so it could get cheaper.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1692 posts
951 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
LuckyBoyTT wrote: Its a good ladder that will reach most heights. Likely a roof as well if straighten out to it's full reach capacity. It is quite heavy though and somewhat bulky. Nothing compared to an aluminum ladder for sure. But I would buy again for it's multipurpose. If you're looking for a ladder that will handle most needs this would be a good choice. Its both a long ladder, and the inside unit could be detach to be a smaller standalone ladder as well. No complains here about quality. I got it for $129 I believe and with a $50 Gc when you spent over $200 at can tires, so it could get cheaper.
Thanks for the reply. How does the ladder come? Is it in a box, or already assembled? I like like 5 min walk from Canadian tire and only have a car so I was thinking of just carrying it home.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1447 posts
5073 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Comes ready to go. Slip off the plastic sleeve and open her up and your good to go. I also purchased the plank which made painting the house so much easier. Overall a great buy. It is bulky and a bit heavy, but for what it can do, it's worth it. Would purchase again.
What's in your wallet?
Aug 17, 2008
937 posts
476 upvotes
SASKATOON
brobinsoncc wrote: Thanks for the reply. How does the ladder come? Is it in a box, or already assembled? I like like 5 min walk from Canadian tire and only have a car so I was thinking of just carrying it home.
It's folded. Just push it home in a shopping cart.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3562 posts
2452 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
I use these types of ladders frequently. I prefer the Featherlite version over the Mastercraft due to its locking mechanism, which is a jaw type arrangement rather than a pin lock. The jaw type allows for a wider range of options with angles.
That said, for the average person, the Mastercraft is a versatile ladder.
Nov 10, 2010
401 posts
155 upvotes
Hamilton
It's heavy and awkward,...but if your seats fold down, it'll probably fit. Mine has been great for what I need, though I've pinched my fingers a few times with the mechanisms
Nov 11, 2006
565 posts
67 upvotes
Does it fit to a Corolla trunk with the back seats fold down?
Jan 16, 2014
7 posts
7 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
It is normal that this ladder is heavy and bulky. The weight capacity is 300 lbs. Does another manufacturer have lighter ladders with same capacity?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1692 posts
951 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Gmax wrote: Does it fit to a Corolla trunk with the back seats fold down?
It should. I bought it today and it fit in my Cruze.
These guys were not kidding when they said it was heavy!
Oct 5, 2010
433 posts
326 upvotes
I bought the 17' foot Keller one when it was 50% off best $120 I've spent in awhile. It even fits in my 2016 Accent with the seats folded down.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13096 posts
1912 upvotes
Toronto
Cool so the ladder is regular price now.
May 27, 2008
290 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
Was using this all weekend (previously purchased). Solidly built (heavy) and feel very comfortable on it even max out. It's a good value when on sale.
Jan 17, 2008
704 posts
338 upvotes
Bought on Saturday. Good good value.

If you think it's heavy you might be carrying your ladder the wrong way. Put it on your shoulder... easy as pie. Just be mindful of your surroundings when you turn around. I used to work at heights years ago and have seen new employees hurt themselves trying to lug a ladder around with their arms, or smack people with it while turning. Lol.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4671 posts
5657 upvotes
Toronto, ON
50% off is not a real sale price at CT, it is regular price.
Aug 17, 2008
937 posts
476 upvotes
SASKATOON
Costco has a better one for the same price I think. Comes with wheels so you can push it around I guess.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1692 posts
951 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ripjohnnyc wrote: Costco has a better one for the same price I think. Comes with wheels so you can push it around I guess.
This is the closest one I see at Costco. Is that the one thats the same price, in store?

https://www.costco.ca/Cosco-21ft.-Multi ... 36618.html

Even if the sale price is closer to what it should actually cost when it is not on sale, 169.99 is a pretty good price.
Here are the most comparable ladders from other retailers

Home Hardware $199
https://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/inde ... Ntt=ladder

Home Depot $246
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.alum ... 19316.html

Lowes on sale $169 but only 17'
https://www.lowes.ca/ladders/werner-17- ... 62890.html

Rona $212 but only 16'
https://www.rona.ca/en/combination-ladder-54515052
Aug 17, 2008
937 posts
476 upvotes
SASKATOON
The Costco one is in the warehouse, 179 or 169 and has wheels on it.