Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 23, 2008
81 posts
117 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 3 Gallon Hot Dog Compressor & 2-in-1 Nailer Kit

FEATURES

Mastercraft 3 Gallon Hot Dog Compressor and 2-in-1 Nailer Kit delivers optimal performance for reliable use

Compressor is ideal for inflation jobs, brad nailer, stapler, finish nailer and more

1 HP running induction motor and oil-free for less maintenance

Compressor provides 135 max PSI; [email protected] 40 PSI; [email protected] 90 PSI

Compact 3 US gal hot dog tank design includes a strong handle with grip for easy carrying

High pressure nozzle makes clearing off your work space a breeze

Comes with Mastercraft 2-in-1 Nailer (CT#: 058-8548) which is ideal for beading, cabinets, chair rail, decorative trim, furniture, molding, paneling, picture frames, rattan, scribe molding and upholstery

Nailer is for use with 5/8”- 2” 18-Gauge brad nails and 1/2” - 1” 18-Gauge 7/32” width narrow crown staple

Nailer has operating PSI of 70-110; max PSI of 120; and air consumption of 0.03 CF/cycle @ 90 PSI

Also includes 25’ (7.6 m) recoil hose, quick coupler, (2) quick plugs, blow gun, tire chuck, inflation needles, high pressure nozzle, nozzle adaptor, and sealing tape
17 replies
Mar 15, 2005
841 posts
757 upvotes
Came here expecting a machine that made more dense hot dogs, left disappointed.

In all seriousness I have one I inherited from my late father and it's been an awesome machine to have around the house.

Awesome for putting in baseboards or any type of trim around the house.

Wifey uses it to put new fabric on seating to match the decor of the house

I also no longer buy compressed air in cans to clean the inside of electronics

I use it to pump up car and bike tires.

Plus there is something bad-assed about the sound an air compressor nailer makes when it's fired.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2015
1096 posts
1247 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Is this too loud for a wood-framed apartment? 85db is harmful so we'd need to pair this with some ear muffs right?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2014
1183 posts
2097 upvotes
0 downvotes (Maple,O…
BBQPEANUT wrote: Is this too loud for a wood-framed apartment? 85db is harmful so we'd need to pair this with some ear muffs right?
WHAT? SPEAK UP! CAN'T HEAR YOU!
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3584 posts
1672 upvotes
'Shwallywood
BBQPEANUT wrote: Is this too loud for a wood-framed apartment? 85db is harmful so we'd need to pair this with some ear muffs right?
Look into the California air tools lineup of compressors if you need quiet.

I had a campbell hausfeld before and everytime it kicked on it would startle me in the shop. Since switching to CAT, It's been whisper silent (relative of course)
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
4735 posts
1995 upvotes
WFH
nellium wrote: Look into the California air tools lineup of compressors if you need quiet.

I had a campbell hausfeld before and everytime it kicked on it would startle me in the shop. Since switching to CAT, It's been whisper silent (relative of course)
+1, your neighbours will just hear the thwack noise as you sink nails into the wall ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1901 posts
1765 upvotes
These things are horribly noisy. I used to use one with my air nailers as it was easier to carry than the pancake but I got so tired of the noise I binned the damn thing.
Feb 7, 2010
255 posts
49 upvotes
Kingston
Is this enough to hook up to a torque wrench to take off and put on tire lugs? I know the CFM isn't rated for it, but I've seen enough videos that state that similar compresses can offer just "enough" for pulse use to remove lugs, but it appears that most people agree that if you are planning on using it for continuous use, it certainly is not enough.

Does anyone own this and has been able to use it to remove tire lugs specifically?
Sep 23, 2005
119 posts
11 upvotes
This is a "special buy", is it a good price? I usually wait when Canadian Tire has 80% off regular price.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10672 posts
3238 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I got a 62dB quiet compressor and will never go back to a deafening one again

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/DuraTwist-1-Gal ... Sw3LxdKQbA
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/DuraTwist-26504 ... Sw~U5bGnLR

The same 3 gal weights close to 50 lbs tho
rtookey wrote: If you're looking for a quiet one, this is the one you need try to find on sale. Ridiculously quiet. https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maxi ... p.html#srp
Yeah, well that one is 60lbs lol
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1035 posts
1533 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
Always wear ear protection with air compressors. Even the noise level of a blower nozzle or disconnecting a pressurized hose can be sufficient to cause long-term damage.
Jan 19, 2017
778 posts
863 upvotes
Kitchener
Daijoubu wrote: Yeah, well that one is 60lbs lol
Yeah, insulating the compressors makes them super heavy, definitely a trade off. That said I have the Maximum 5 Gal double hot dog, and sounds like a jet engine.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9470 posts
1604 upvotes
No joke I click because i though it was a kitchen tool to make hotdogs, LOL.

Personally unless you are barely putting up any trim or something that takes less than like 20 brads to put up... get something a bit bigger because something this small the motor will go on so often it will annoy the hell out of you (as it needs to re-pressurize). I can barely stand my porter cable pancake compressor and that's bigger than this.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10672 posts
3238 upvotes
Montreal, QC
rtookey wrote: Yeah, insulating the compressors makes them super heavy, definitely a trade off. That said I have the Maximum 5 Gal double hot dog, and sounds like a jet engine.
I think it's more because of the large induction motor, it does have larger rubber feets and rubber mounts for the motor to decouple the vibrations, tank seems to be about the same size.
Looking at the picture of the Maximum, the motor cover looks identical to the DuraTwist (IHL Canada), probably same manufacturer (at leat the motor)
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2015
1096 posts
1247 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Well that's a lot of thinking on my end.. can I justify $150-200 for something to pump my bike tires up faster...

Thanks everyone!
Dec 19, 2010
716 posts
236 upvotes
sleepyguy wrote: No joke I click because i though it was a kitchen tool to make hotdogs, LOL.

Personally unless you are barely putting up any trim or something that takes less than like 20 brads to put up... get something a bit bigger because something this small the motor will go on so often it will annoy the hell out of you (as it needs to re-pressurize). I can barely stand my porter cable pancake compressor and that's bigger than this.
Generally, for something like a brad nailer, you're going to want portability. If noise is a big concern, I would suggest a cordless nailer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)