Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 32-piece Assorted Reciprocating Saw Blade Set $20.99

[OP]
Mar 4, 2013
489 posts
295 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 32-piece Assorted Reciprocating Saw Blade Set $20.99

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... p.html#srp

Various blades in storage case are ideal for many different uses
Fast cut through all types of wood up to 4" (10 cm) thick
Smooth cut through all types of wood up to 3/4" (1.9 cm) thick
For pipe, rebar, ferrous metal over 3/16" (0.47 cm) thick and nonferrous metal up to 1/8" (0.32 cm) thick
Includes 32 replacement blades
18 replies
Jul 17, 2010
267 posts
277 upvotes
Rule#1: "70% off" is the regular price for Canadian Tire.
[OP]
Mar 4, 2013
489 posts
295 upvotes
Do you really know how much these things usually go for? 5 piece blade kit is anywhere from $20-50 depending on the brand. This one you get 32 pieces.

I've been using MasterCraft hand tools for decades and they're pretty good. You don't buy them at full price of course but this set is pretty good. You won't get this many blades even for a no name brand kit that is more expensive.
Sep 8, 2016
16 posts
12 upvotes
bundy5555 wrote: Rule#1: "70% off" is the regular price for Canadian Tire.
At $0.66 per blade, really?...............
Nov 10, 2015
209 posts
163 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Ive used these to attemp at cutting metal. Avoid. Blades last 5-10 seconds and loose their teeth. Awful design and awful effectiveness. You get what you pay for.

For a diy homeowner these might help you out in a pinch. But its a one time use. Or 32 time use...
Jul 17, 2010
267 posts
277 upvotes
acheuk wrote: Do you really know how much these things usually go for? 5 piece blade kit is anywhere from $20-50 depending on the brand. This one you get 32 pieces.

I've been using MasterCraft hand tools for decades and they're pretty good. You don't buy them at full price of course but this set is pretty good. You won't get this many blades even for a no name brand kit that is more expensive.
this kit goes on sale every single month. Actually cheaper on black friday.
Mar 11, 2019
148 posts
179 upvotes
I had some Canadian tire cutoff wheels that disintegrated very quickly and they were not that much cheaper than a quality product.
Oct 28, 2019
74 posts
51 upvotes
These are junk blades. You’re better off with a pack of the Diablo ones on sale at HD, and for heavy-duty use the Milwaukee ones are significantly better again.

However for a homeowner cutting a couple tree branches and 2x4s a year, these will work fine.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2001
1368 posts
61 upvotes
Pure crap. Canadian tire should be ashamed of themselves for selling this to
Canadians.
All is not golde that outward shewith bright...lydgate
Nov 30, 2013
114 posts
98 upvotes
NB
kammj1 wrote: Ive used these to attemp at cutting metal. Avoid. Blades last 5-10 seconds and loose their teeth. Awful design and awful effectiveness. You get what you pay for.

For a diy homeowner these might help you out in a pinch. But its a one time use. Or 32 time use...
Disappointing to hear, there was a time when these were . . . OK.
I AM NOT A BOOMER, but I wish i was.
Jul 22, 2015
415 posts
663 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wood blades are "Okay".
But I went through 3 Metal blades trying to cut of a tail pipe on my car.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1658 posts
1686 upvotes
Montreal
bundy5555 wrote: Rule#1: "70% off" is the regular price for Canadian Tire.
serious? and where you buy your regular price
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Oct 28, 2019
74 posts
51 upvotes
Bessem wrote: serious? and where you buy your regular price
I don’t understand what you’re trying to say here. You mean you don’t agree with him that Canadian Tire inflates their regular prices?