Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 3pc Tool Chests and Cab - $399.97 + further discount

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2019 4:18 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4060 posts
3540 upvotes
No Bum Deals

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 3pc Tool Chests and Cab - $399.97 + further discount

Having missed the last Home Depot Tool Chest Deal, I copped for this three piece set which has a decent discount.
55% off regular price with +/- 20% off total ($30 coupon for $150 spend).
You can purchase the parts in chunks to get a $30 coupon for every $150+ you spend. I combined the cheapest part with an outdoor rug my wife wanted and the middle unit with some hardware I needed to bump up over $150 x 3.

Thanks @seafish “The $30 card offer is today only and can be used started tomorrow.”

Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 8th, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: updated title
27 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4060 posts
3540 upvotes
No Bum Deals
HAH!

-1 for bad product. Hey it's Mastercrap, but for $310 the set will be perfectly fine for my needs. The reviews are fine.
Oct 4, 2008
790 posts
314 upvotes
Calgary Alberta
If they have the sale on tomorrow you could presumably use the coupon cards for each next part?
Card valid starting Aug 9 (tomorrow).
However it does say "time limited sale" on the toolbox components.
-
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4060 posts
3540 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Grunchy wrote: If they have the sale on tomorrow you could presumably use the coupon cards for each next part?
Card valid starting Aug 9 (tomorrow).
However it does say "time limited sale" on the toolbox components.
The sale is to last a few days as per the flyer. Subject to availability. Yes you can buy one part now, get the coupon then use that for the next from 9th onwards etc. I have stuff to buy at CanTire anyway in the next couple of days
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5949 posts
4257 upvotes
You curiously posted this in hot deals forum, calling it "Mastercrap" in the title? Never seen crap as a hot deal lol ;)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4060 posts
3540 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Crap-Craft.

It is what it is lol. Once you use some of the stuff you’ll understand ;)

A low use tool chest set it will be fine. I don’t expect any major problems.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4060 posts
3540 upvotes
No Bum Deals
I also say CrappyTire lol
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4060 posts
3540 upvotes
No Bum Deals
seafish wrote: The $30 card offer is today only and can be used started tomorrow, so you can't apply it to get the next card.
Thank you I was unaware. I shall edit the op.
Last edited by pooper on Aug 8th, 2019 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6704 posts
3073 upvotes
Moncton, NB
I don't understand why you would post a deal and joke about the name. If you think it's a not good deal and that's it's crap why are you posting it? You have a great post, with price, links, references to promos but you still make fun of a brand.

I wish a moderator could see this and give you a warning. I love RFD and been here for a long time but I still don't understand why people think posting something like this is funny.
Last edited by nounou23 on Aug 8th, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 26, 2015
842 posts
596 upvotes
Ontario
The last time I went to buy a toolbox, I found a sale associate and said I want to buy this. He checked stock and told me it is still on the truck. It will take them 4 days to unload the truck. This essentially made the sale mute in the flyer as it will not be available for the entire weekend. This was the location in Burlington by the mall which is one of the better ones in the area. (better then all locations in hamilton)

Left the store without buying and quite happy. I only wanted but did not need it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4060 posts
3540 upvotes
No Bum Deals
nounou23 wrote: I don't understand why you would post a deal and joke about the name. If you think it's a good deal and that's it's crap why are you posting it? You have a great post, with price, links, references to promos but you still make fun of a brand.

I wish a moderator could see this and give you a warning. I love RFD and been here for a long time but I still don't understand why people think posting something like this is funny.
What? This is a good deal! Chill out dude! Maybe spend some time away from the screen eh?

I’m really sorry if I offended you but to me it’s a good descriptive for the products. I don’t mind buying the stuff at a good price which is what it is today.

A mod would be most welcome to change the title if they see fit. I won’t mind. It’s all about the deal.
Last edited by pooper on Aug 8th, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5949 posts
4257 upvotes
nounou23 wrote: I don't understand why you would post a deal and joke about the name. If you think it's a not good deal and that's it's crap why are you posting it? You have a great post, with price, links, references to promos but you still make fun of a brand.

Really? Are you serious? No, you're not, this is obviously a joke, like OP did int the thread title....
Nov 20, 2017
481 posts
700 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: You curiously posted this in hot deals forum, calling it "Mastercrap" in the title? Never seen crap as a hot deal lol ;)
Steaming hot pile of deal.
Apr 8, 2010
18 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
The fine print on page 2 of the flyer states "One card per customer per transaction."
That could be taken either way... as in obtaining the card, or redemption of the card. The paragraph talks about both scenarios, and this sentence is sort of ambiguous.

Edit: I misunderstood, I thought you were redeeming 3 cards to bring down the price. The question still stands, if anyone knows the answer :)
Dec 16, 2012
732 posts
472 upvotes
Barrie, ON
pooper wrote: Crap-Craft.

It is what it is lol. Once you use some of the stuff you’ll understand ;)

A low use tool chest set it will be fine. I don’t expect any major problems.
I've had a mastercraft tool chest for 17+ years with no issues... I donno what your gonna do with it other then open the cabinets. I guess the ball bearings could go but oil them and you'll be good.

I work on cars a lot (my dad was a mechanic) and I was sick of waiting for snap on to replace my broken tools, I started buying mastercraft maximum and when they break, just bring them in and your good, no waiting...

Do they make them as good as snap on? No, but if it does break, bring them in and they will replace them with no questions asked

B :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4060 posts
3540 upvotes
No Bum Deals
nounou23 wrote: I wish a moderator could see this and give you a warning. I love RFD and been here for a long time but I still don't understand why people think posting something like this is funny.
Looks like you got your wish nounou! ;) Aside from the warning bit....
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6704 posts
3073 upvotes
Moncton, NB
pooper wrote: Looks like you got your wish nounou! ;) Aside from the warning bit....
I wasn't trying to ban you from RFD. Like I said you have a really good post. I was just trying to figure out why you were putting the brand name down on a good deal that you posted.

I see a lot of time people will post a reply on a thread that makes no sense and no explaination on why the product is crap. But in this case it was in the title and description of the main post.

I've been notified a few times by mods on things I've posted in the past. It happens. :)

And yes I might be looking at this deal at my lunch break today. While I was in my shed today I was telling my wife how much stuff that I had and would be nice to sort it all out so she said I should get a tool chest :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4060 posts
3540 upvotes
No Bum Deals
nounou23 wrote: I wasn't trying to ban you from RFD. Like I said you have a really good post. I was just trying to figure out why you were putting the brand name down on a good deal that you posted.

I see a lot of time people will post a reply on a thread that makes no sense and no explaination on why the product is crap. But in this case it was in the title and description of the main post.

I've been notified a few times by mods on things I've posted in the past. It happens. :)

And yes I might be looking at this deal at my lunch break today. While I was in my shed today I was telling my wife how much stuff that I had and would be nice to sort it all out so she said I should get a tool chest :)
Like I said, I call it Mastercrap. Always have always will. Because it is low quality stuff. They are literally Masters of the crap they make.
I never buy their tools any more, just junk.
Low quality occasional use tool chest set at great price? Sure, I'm in.
Paying full price $950 for the set? - No way in Hades.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6704 posts
3073 upvotes
Moncton, NB
pooper wrote: Like I said, I call it Mastercrap. Always have always will. Because it is low quality stuff. They are literally Masters of the crap they make.
I never buy their tools any more, just junk.
Low quality occasional use tool chest set at great price? Sure, I'm in.
Paying full price $950 for the set? - No way in Hades.
I do agree with you that theyhave overprice stuff. But I have some mastercraft tools and they are still holding good after all these years :) But to each their own reviews I guess :)