Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 6-Drawer Chest, 36-in

  • Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2020 1:53 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 14, 2011
40 posts
112 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 6-Drawer Chest, 36-in

This is a crazy deal! 50% Off and it's a limited time offer. I couldn't find the end date, but it just launched today. Ordered mine already - finally something that will make both my wife and I happy!

FEATURES
Mastercraft 6-Drawer Chest organizes and secures your tools, accessories and equipment
Features a 36" (91.4 cm) wide body with full length sliding drawers
Internal locking system for extra security
Top till with struts for additional storage
Side handles for easy transport
Red aluminum drawer pulls
Durable frame
Coordinates with Mastercraft 7-Drawer Cabinet (058-1560)
29 replies
Sr. Member
Dec 5, 2015
568 posts
607 upvotes
Verdun, QC
Anyone has experience in leaving these cabinets outdoors all the time?
Newbie
Jan 23, 2018
9 posts
4 upvotes
tark514 wrote: Anyone has experience in leaving these cabinets outdoors all the time?
It's painted steel. It will tolerate getting wet occasionally but if you leave it out in the elements it's going to rust.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2860 posts
1167 upvotes
GTA
tark514 wrote: Anyone has experience in leaving these cabinets outdoors all the time?
They're defintiely not made for that
Sr. Member
Nov 8, 2012
733 posts
611 upvotes
London, ON
Seems reasonable, but i went with this one, seems like a bit more versataile: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/husky- ... 1000747092

I also got this set from Princess Auto, its shipped fully assembled and is sitting on a pallet in my driveway waiting for me to finish epoxying the floor. this was a killer deal with great reviews (and free shipping!) https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8842411e
Newbie
Apr 30, 2020
2 posts
2 upvotes
It seems okay for the price, but I try not to get sucked in to those perpetual mastercraft "sale" prices. They're usually decent products if it's what you're looking for but those "sale" prices are deceptive and more reflective of what the actual price should be.

Side opinion - I'm done with CT until we're allowed back in stores. I had a bad phone-in experience early in the pandemic and today they bailed on a pickup order I made 72 hours ago and now the sale is over. Ordered a nice torque wrench I saw on this forum. The website showed 6 in store at the time, and it still shows 2 available. Waited on hold for customer service for over an hour just to hear them say "there's nothing we can do, phone the specific store" and the Newmarket store gave me " ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ nothing we can do". Wouldn't even check the current stock (even though the website shows more than before) and wouldn't / couldn't tell me which stores have stock.
Sr. Member
Jul 14, 2019
611 posts
1032 upvotes
If it says "Mastercraft" on it, that means it's basically intended for sale at 50-70% off almost all the time. Nobody ever pays full price for CT's house brand and it's designed that way. That is why virtually everything Mastercraft is perpetually on sale, or on sale every other week. Not saying it's a bad unit, but you can bet that $249/50% off price is the most anyone has ever paid for that so don't get sucked in by their marketing.
Newbie
Jan 23, 2018
9 posts
4 upvotes
AndrewB95547 wrote: the Newmarket store
I've given up on the Newmarket store for curbside pickup (every order takes several days to be ready), but other stores in the area are quite quick. Aurora and Bradford both had orders ready for me within a day or less. Not sure if Newmarket is doing something wrong or just getting more demand than the others.
Newbie
Nov 4, 2019
87 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver
AndrewB95547 wrote: Side opinion - I'm done with CT until we're allowed back in stores.
I think my local CT is still open.. I just went last week
Newbie
Apr 22, 2018
55 posts
41 upvotes
For those looking for a full set. I saw this one at Costco Balzac this week when I went. For $599 @ 43"
Images
  • IMG_20200430_123000.jpg
  • IMG_20200430_123003.jpg
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 9, 2010
951 posts
243 upvotes
Edmonton, Alberta
AndrewB95547 wrote: Wouldn't even check the current stock (even though the website shows more than before) and wouldn't / couldn't tell me which stores have stock.
Just FYI, www.stocktrack.ca is an inventory checking website that lets you check which stores have an item in stock for several chains, including Canadian Tire. Also shows price history for any given item.
Sr. Member
May 3, 2016
577 posts
352 upvotes
vinneil wrote: For those looking for a full set. I saw this one at Costco Balzac this week when I went. For $599 @ 43"
Could you please provide item number if possible - cant make it out in that picture.

Thanks in advance!
Sr. Member
Feb 9, 2011
689 posts
219 upvotes
saad29 wrote: Could you please provide item number if possible - cant make it out in that picture.

Thanks in advance!
I think it’s “ The Kirkland Signature™ Tool Chest (Item #803353)”. Found this info on website but they do not list it.
Newbie
Apr 22, 2018
55 posts
41 upvotes
saad29 wrote: Could you please provide item number if possible - cant make it out in that picture.

Thanks in advance!
Item number is #1600050 Happy Hunting!

Regular Price $749.99 -> Sale Price $599.99
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2001
4260 posts
818 upvotes
Newbury, ON
stilltippin wrote: Seems reasonable, but i went with this one, seems like a bit more versataile: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/husky- ... 1000747092

I also got this set from Princess Auto, its shipped fully assembled and is sitting on a pallet in my driveway waiting for me to finish epoxying the floor. this was a killer deal with great reviews (and free shipping!) https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8842411e
stock track shows $249 as the normal price until March when it jumped up. but still good price as its 36" high compared to the husky one at $199 and 26" high.

I would like to look at before I buy as mastercraft brand tends to be cheap quality.. but that may be good enough for my home use unless its totally flimsy.
Sr. Member
May 3, 2016
577 posts
352 upvotes
6WBam4B65SQEo0JnXZZPK3gs3Z0793EsFSxTLlL0-Mo.jpg
i-img480x640-1550216690ss4qzw532361.jpg
Ribbyx wrote: I think it’s “ The Kirkland Signature™ Tool Chest (Item #803353)”. Found this info on website but they do not list it.
That is a different version - do you (or anyone) know if they still sell both?

The "redline" version is what @vinneil was referring to.

Edit: the old one had a swing out door on the top half - replaced with more drawers on the new one, along with other drawers changing sizing.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2001
4260 posts
818 upvotes
Newbury, ON
I think the cdntire site details are wrong - I'm putting this on a shelf in the garage so dimensions are important to me.

cdntire: height is 22" and width is 36" (wrong on site)
husky: height is 19" and width is 26" with 37" need to fully open the top, 18" depth
Member
Nov 18, 2014
352 posts
388 upvotes
Calgary, AB
ltamburano wrote: This is a crazy deal! 50% Off and it's a limited time offer. I couldn't find the end date, but it just launched today. Ordered mine already - finally something that will make both my wife and I happy!
You have to be born yesterday if you see 50% at Canadian Tire and think that it's really 50% off. Face With Tears Of Joy
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 27, 2012
150 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
no price in title SMH :facepalm:
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”

― Stephen McCranie
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1190 posts
692 upvotes
saad29 wrote: 6WBam4B65SQEo0JnXZZPK3gs3Z0793EsFSxTLlL0-Mo.jpg
i-img480x640-1550216690ss4qzw532361.jpg


That is a different version - do you (or anyone) know if they still sell both?

The "redline" version is what @vinneil was referring to.

Edit: the old one had a swing out door on the top half - replaced with more drawers on the new one, along with other drawers changing sizing.
Images
  • 20191015_180347.jpg

Top