Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Mastercraft 7 1/2 A Impact Wrench - $49.99 (re: $159.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2015 8:13 pm
[OP]
Nov 27, 2014
113 posts
60 upvotes
Milton, ON

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 7 1/2 A Impact Wrench - $49.99 (re: $159.99)

I've seen the 7.5A Mastercraft Impact Wrench down to $69-$79 but never this low before. It must be because they just introduced their Maximum 8A Impact Wrench on the shelves not too long ago (on sale right now for $79) which I picked up.

Will be exchanging the 8A Maximum impact wrench for the 7.5A version. For just swapping tires, I really don't need anything greater than 7.5A and savings of $30 between the two can be had.

This is a perfect medium use tool for many automotive and other fastening jobs.

NOTE - this deal doesn't commence until Friday, May 1st.
30 replies
Aug 16, 2014
61 posts
8 upvotes
Regina, SK
How is this for taking tires off and most novice jobs around the car, etc...?
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
18920 posts
6117 upvotes
London
Keep the 8amp version, Its much more powerful (350 ftlb+)

You can't judge the impact power looking at amps alone.

The impact power is generated by a hammer assembly, the 8amp has dual hammers while the 7.5 amp version only has a single hammer so its like 230 ftlb
Jun 3, 2007
189 posts
93 upvotes
ctebah wrote: How is this for taking tires off and most novice jobs around the car, etc...?
It would be overkill for those jobs. I have the 3.5 Amp version-- I use it to change tires on all 5 vehicles including the SUV's. Works great for general car repairs. I also have an air tool which is a hassle to set up compared to the electric tool ...so I rarely use the air tool.

At this price you can't go wrong for a 7A tool.
Aug 16, 2014
61 posts
8 upvotes
Regina, SK
What would be a decent socket set for this wrench? Not looking for something too big or expensive....
Feb 8, 2007
815 posts
268 upvotes
Mine lasted just over 3 years. Stopped working right after the warranty expired.

Picked up the 8A, it feels much stronger when loosening lugs.
[OP]
Nov 27, 2014
113 posts
60 upvotes
Milton, ON
xawaisx wrote: Mine lasted just over 3 years. Stopped working right after the warranty expired.

Picked up the 8A, it feels much stronger when loosening lugs.
That's good to know you have tested both the 7.5A and 8A and can tell that much of a difference. Will be keeping my 8A
Mar 9, 2009
638 posts
208 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
ctebah wrote: What would be a decent socket set for this wrench? Not looking for something too big or expensive....
I'd be interested in knowing this too.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
2225 posts
536 upvotes
Kelowna
walterk wrote: It would be overkill for those jobs. I have the 3.5 Amp version-- I use it to change tires on all 5 vehicles including the SUV's. Works great for general car repairs. I also have an air tool which is a hassle to set up compared to the electric tool ...so I rarely use the air tool.

At this price you can't go wrong for a 7A tool.
I also have the 3.5A and it has no problems changing the tires on my SUV, my dad's truck and two other cars. Anyone who can't take their lugs off a typical vehicle with the 3.5A must be grossly over-torquing or experiencing excessive rust from salt like i've never seen before.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4212 posts
778 upvotes
T.O.
Sinyk wrote: I also have the 3.5A and it has no problems changing the tires on my SUV, my dad's truck and two other cars. Anyone who can't take their lugs off a typical vehicle with the 3.5A must be grossly over-torquing or experiencing excessive rust from salt like i've never seen before.
I sometimes need to use the help from the ol' breaker bar (10$ from CT), but yes the 3.5A works for me too.
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1616 posts
985 upvotes
Hamilton
Bought one yesterday. Now it's time to buy a socket for tire swapping. CT auto desk lady was not sure about the size of the socket to buy :( Any insight and sale for a socket?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2004
1028 posts
450 upvotes
HamsiBrain wrote: Bought one yesterday. Now it's time to buy a socket for tire swapping. CT auto desk lady was not sure about the size of the socket to buy :( Any insight and sale for a socket?
The sockets that you'll need to purchase are ones with a 1/2" square receptacle. It says so right on the box and or online description. If you are asking what kind of 3/4", 15/16", 20 mm, 22 mm, etc. hexagonal socket, then you should look that up on the internet or in your vehicle's owner manual for that info. Asking a CT auto desk lady for that info is really unfair and I wouldn't expect anyone to know that info offhand.
Sep 12, 2008
580 posts
201 upvotes
Hamilton, on
HamsiBrain wrote: Bought one yesterday. Now it's time to buy a socket for tire swapping. CT auto desk lady was not sure about the size of the socket to buy :( Any insight and sale for a socket?
Depends on the car. Make and model?
Sep 16, 2012
87 posts
24 upvotes
Thornhill
I love this thing when it works. It will easily take off lug nuts that are not overtorqued and I've also used it on many rusted suspension nuts. Just make sure to keep your receipt. I've replaced 3 under warranty.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1616 posts
985 upvotes
Hamilton
growler wrote: The sockets that you'll need to purchase are ones with a 1/2" square receptacle. It says so right on the box and or online description. If you are asking what kind of 3/4", 15/16", 20 mm, 22 mm, etc. hexagonal socket, then you should look that up on the internet or in your vehicle's owner manual for that info. Asking a CT auto desk lady for that info is really unfair and I wouldn't expect anyone to know that info offhand.
Thank you for the info. I thought it should be straight forward when you have all data; i.e. car make/model (in this case '14 Camry or '10 Mazda 3) and impact driver at hand. I did not have time to go through with the sales lady or to check the isle for further info. Non fo my socket set are 1/2" nor are impact and IIRC non did fit for the job. User forums were saying 13/16" or 21mm may fit. Also need to know tork settings and find something fit I guess.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2010
1520 posts
1052 upvotes
HamsiBrain wrote: Thank you for the info. I thought it should be straight forward when you have all data; i.e. car make/model (in this case '14 Camry or '10 Mazda 3) and impact driver at hand. I did not have time to go through with the sales lady or to check the isle for further info. Non fo my socket set are 1/2" nor are impact and IIRC non did fit for the job. User forums were saying 13/16" or 21mm may fit. Also need to know tork settings and find something fit I guess.
Mazda3 is 21 mm and minimum 85 ft/lb torque.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7534 posts
791 upvotes
Toronto
Toyota full size vehicles are 21mm. Don't use the 13/16, it's not exactly right and 21mm isn't hard to find.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7534 posts
791 upvotes
Toronto
HamsiBrain wrote: Thank you for the info. I thought it should be straight forward when you have all data; i.e. car make/model (in this case '14 Camry or '10 Mazda 3) and impact driver at hand. I did not have time to go through with the sales lady or to check the isle for further info. Non fo my socket set are 1/2" nor are impact and IIRC non did fit for the job. User forums were saying 13/16" or 21mm may fit. Also need to know tork settings and find something fit I guess.
Torque settings are in the manual. Camry should be 78 iirc.