• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2020 5:37 pm
[OP]
May 12, 2014
897 posts
523 upvotes
Markham, ON

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft 7.5A Impact Wrench, 1/2-in $53.99 YMMV

Mastercraft 7.5A Impact Wrench, 1/2-in for $53.99.
Regular extra inflated price is $179.99
Last year's sale price was $49.99.

Should be good enough for most. I have an old 3.5 amp one and will only need the breaker bar if the dealership was the one to tighten the lug nuts. If given the choice I'd pick up the 7.5 amp.
Last edited by Bobberts on May 14th, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3964 posts
2448 upvotes
Is it on clearance or just another mastercraft 70% discount? I might be wrong, but I thought all CT's clearance pricing ends in .93

Pretty good price though regardless.
[OP]
May 12, 2014
897 posts
523 upvotes
Markham, ON
SizzleChest wrote: Is it on clearance or just another mastercraft 70% discount? I might be wrong, but I thought all CT's clearance pricing ends in .93

You're right, not on clearance. Will update the post.
Jun 9, 2006
823 posts
169 upvotes
Weird, Quebec stores are at regular price. I wasn't aware Canadian Tire had province-specific sales.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28237 posts
8689 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Is it on clearance or just another mastercraft 70% discount? I might be wrong, but I thought all CT's clearance pricing ends in .93

Yeah it's typical sale price on this. However these electric ones are usually not very powerful. There are some that are, like the HF 8.5A one (can't get HF stuff in Canada though there may be something similar somewhere as they're all just mass-produced in China really). There's also this Mastercraft one:
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maxi ... 2099p.html

But the other problem with 120V AC ones is that they are huge and therefore become of limited use where space is more restricted. Honestly I would just save your money and put it towards a 18V Rigid, Milwaukee, or Dewalt gun.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3964 posts
2448 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Yeah it's typical sale price on this. However these electric ones are usually not very powerful. There are some that are, like the HF 8.5A one (can't get HF stuff in Canada though there may be something similar somewhere as they're all just mass-produced in China really). There's also this Mastercraft one:
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maxi ... 2099p.html

But the other problem with 120V AC ones is that they are huge and therefore become of limited use where space is more restricted. Honestly I would just save your money and put it towards a 18V Rigid, Milwaukee, or Dewalt gun.
Agreed +1. I have no interest in buying it, but it will handle most lug nuts just fine and for the price, there is nothing else comparable I don't think.

I had the Kobalt electric impact wrench from Lowes and it had ample power for my usage, but I ended up receiving the Ridgid 18V impact wrench as a gift. It was smaller and had at least as much power so the Kobalt found a new home. I really like the auto function on the Ridgid as well where it stops as soon as it gets snug. Great for tightening lugnuts just far enough before finishing them with the torque wrench.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
1451 posts
1846 upvotes
Atlantic
Have this and bought it around $50.

Pros: Plenty of power for lugnuts, makes things go much faster. Zip zip zip and done. On the box, it says max torque is 240 ft lbs.

Cons: Heavy and bulky, not ideal for tight places. On the box, it says it weighs 7 lbs.