Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1678 posts
10314 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft Insulated Screwdriver Set (14 pieces), $19.99

Mastercraft Insulated Screwdriver Set (14 pieces), $19.99

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... 3511p.html

FEATURES
- Electricians Combo comes with Mastercraft 8-Piece Insulated Screwdriver Set and Mastercraft 6-Piece Insulated Precision Screwdriver Set
- 8-piece Screwdriver set includes: 3/16", 1/4", Phillips #1,2,3, Square #1,2,3 with contoured rubberized grip for comfort and control that are ideal for electrical work
- 6-piece Screwdriver set includes three slotted and three Phillips bits with non-slip, soft-grip handles with rotating caps

Reviews are 4.6 of 5.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1581 posts
432 upvotes
Any revirews from RFDers?
This might come in handy but maybe I should spend a bit more and get a Wera set
Jul 13, 2016
143 posts
311 upvotes
lotfi.bm wrote: Any revirews from RFDers?
You should always go Wera if you can, but it's a lot more not a bit more.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1160 posts
1285 upvotes
Surrey
lotfi.bm wrote: Any revirews from RFDers?
For home use the cdn tire house brand is decent. I would stay away from the pliers though and get decent ones. The jaws don't line up as nice and I feel the metal is weaker which wears out the teeth to grip or dulls the blades (side cutters, flat head cutters). Good tools to start with but I would do the buy once, cry once route. Personally, I did buy in house brand tools and they did the job. I am in need of new side cutters and linesman pliers now after about 13 years of use. A couple of my screwdrivers also need to be replaced due to worn tips.

The mastercraft screw drivers are ok but I do find the tips are a bit fragile. So if you are going to use them repeatedly in heavy duty situations, they may wear faster. I use my tools mainly for automotive and woodworking. For these insulated ones I would think they should be fine. Someone correct me if I am wrong but replacing some receptacles and switches aren't hard on the tips.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)