Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Mastercraft Metal Sawhorse for $14.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2020 9:43 am
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1634 posts
9454 upvotes
MILTON

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft Metal Sawhorse for $14.99

• Strong sawhorse is ideal for most workshop needs
  • Folds and unfolds quickly and easily for convenience
  • Handy carrying handle for easy portability
  • Non-sliding padded surface
  • 6 holes for tabletop installation
  • Load capacity of 300 lbs (136.08kg)
  • Tabletop size of 4" x 39" (10.16 x 99.06cm)
  • 30¾" high x 39" long (78.1 x 99.06cm)
  • 12 lbs. (5.4kg)
Last edited by immad01 on Jun 26th, 2020 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Oct 28, 2005
337 posts
184 upvotes
Great, thx, got 2
"Jazz is not dead...it just smells funny."
- Frank Zappa
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11537 posts
1041 upvotes
Ottawa
Bought these several years ago - sturdy, and no issues with them. They can be a bit tempermental to open and close (watch your fingers), but always a good deal at this price!
- Absolute
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18697 posts
5729 upvotes
I remember there was one for $9.9
don't remember if it is the same brand
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
3221 posts
2761 upvotes
Montreal
Bought 2 last February. Love them. They are regularly on sale.

Like another poster said, watch your hands and fingers. If you want to keep them snugly closed when not in use, I used velcro strap.
Aug 18, 2014
83 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
These come on sale at this price regularly. I have a few of these. They aren't made to last. The folding braces in the corners bend and buckle with regular use. I'd recommend spending the money on a set that is better quality.
Apr 29, 2020
121 posts
104 upvotes
Have had 2 of these saw horses for a while and they do the trick especially at the price.

They go on sale almost all the time not sure why CT doesn't just permanently mark them down
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
Nice find OP. Although it is a hot deal, I really doubt that this really worth the regular price of $65... Thinking Face
Last edited by DoorCrasher on Jun 12th, 2020 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 18, 2018
118 posts
291 upvotes
On sale, these are better than anything else I've tried.
Watch your fingers, though!
May 27, 2008
528 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote: I remember there was one for $9.9
don't remember if it is the same brand
That's what these used to go on sale for quite a few years ago now. $14.99 is the regular-every-other-week sale price @CT. I've used the heck out of mine. And while they're not the most stable, they are a great value for $10 or $15/each.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2812 posts
3878 upvotes
Has anyone made a workbench out of these? How stable and reliable are they?
May 26, 2014
253 posts
353 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
DoorCrasher wrote: Nice find OP. Although it is a hot deal, I really doubt that this really worth the regular price of $65... Thinking Face
Welcome to Canadian Tire's business model!

I have had a set of these for five years and I use them pretty regularly. They're still in excellent shape. My only gripe is that they can be a bit of a pain to clamp since the bottoms aren't flat. Otherwise they're sturdy and the foam on top is good to have.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought a pair for $9.99 each a couple of years ago. They lock together when folded up so you can store the pair as a unit.

They're quite heavy, and reasonably sturdy - you can sit on them - but of course anything will buckle if you exceed the weight limit. As for stability, it's better with 2 supporting a working surface, but individually it's no better than the base width vs. height would suggest. The joints don't tend to collapse when locked or anything like that.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5580 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
Absolute wrote: Bought these several years ago - sturdy, and no issues with them. They can be a bit tempermental to open and close (watch your fingers), but always a good deal at this price!

Yeah. This. Use your feet with shoes on to open and close those parts. Or a piece of wood. no way I'm using my fingers
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4282 posts
2281 upvotes
BC
I bought two of these last year to use as a cheap dip station in my garage home gym. Honestly works pretty well.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9475 posts
1610 upvotes
I have 2 of these I got over 10yrs ago for $10 each... they are ok but honestly I use them outside fulltime now to prop my canoe on to (don't care about them, let them rust away).

Pros
- Cheap, you probably can't build one cheaper out of wood... counting hinges screws etc
- legs lock decently and somewhat stable
- they are pretty light
- the legs fold and hide into the body making it pretty compact

Cons
- made of metal... you don't want your circular saw/jigsaw blade going through it when cutting materials
- not that sturdy... tipping effect when sheet goods on top, extremely dangerous imho when cutting if not careful
- leg locks are finicky as are the folding mechanism.

For the price it's decent. I ended up building stackable 2x4 sawhorses instead, way more stable and zero issues "cutting" through them.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5580 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
sleepyguy wrote: I have 2 of these I got over 10yrs ago for $10 each... they are ok but honestly I use them outside fulltime now to prop my canoe on to (don't care about them, let them rust away).

Pros
- Cheap, you probably can't build one cheaper out of wood... counting hinges screws etc
- legs lock decently and somewhat stable
- they are pretty light
- the legs fold and hide into the body making it pretty compact

Cons
- made of metal... you don't want your circular saw/jigsaw blade going through it when cutting materials
- not that sturdy... tipping effect when sheet goods on top, extremely dangerous imho when cutting if not careful
- leg locks are finicky as are the folding mechanism.

For the price it's decent. I ended up building stackable 2x4 sawhorses instead, way more stable and zero issues "cutting" through them.
I've used mine to make cuts with circular saw. I was careful to put them on flat level ground and lock them out. Then I clamped the wood to it and checked to make sure I wouldn't knick the saw.
Apr 11, 2020
294 posts
616 upvotes
Nice price, but they're rated 300lbs each for a reason. Even the plastic worx ones and bluehawk from lowes have a higher rated max capacity. Should be fine for light stuff, but I wouldn't put much horizontal pressure on these when they're under decent load. I'll grab a pair for light duty stuff, being able to collapse them is a nice plus.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)