Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

Mastercraft Multi Craft Tool (Cutting/Sanding/Sawing) 66% OFF! $149.99 - $100 = $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2021 8:41 pm
[OP]
Mar 25, 2018
64 posts
115 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Mastercraft Multi Craft Tool (Cutting/Sanding/Sawing) 66% OFF! $149.99 - $100 = $49.99

Been looking at tools lately as I have been getting into woodworking. This seems like a good tool to have around, and the price is great & so are the reviews. I'm into things like reclaiming scrap wood, and this can be used for cutting out any hanging nails & follow up sanding.
32 replies
May 27, 2016
442 posts
195 upvotes
Uxbridge, ON
nemesis311 wrote: Been looking at tools lately as I have been getting into woodworking. This seems like a good tool to have around, and the price is great & so are the reviews. I'm into things like reclaiming scrap wood, and this can be used for cutting out any hanging nails & follow up sanding.
Pay a few bucks more for a Ryobi cordless multitool. Friends don't let friends buy heavily inflated Mastercraft products. You generally use a multitool for hard to reach places and having a cord with you defeats that purpose.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3243 posts
228 upvotes
I have a corded tool (not mastercraft) and while it requires an extension cord it should be fine.
Just make a judgement call about where you may need to do work (shed far from an outlet, mailbox far from an outlet, etc).

The Ryobi tool is gonna be more than a few dollars (either with battery or with the return battery 'trick').
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2324 posts
1844 upvotes
Canada
The Ryobi is over twice the cost ($100+) sure it’s absolutely better lol… I’m in the Ryobi ecosystem but don’t use this tool all that often so I bought the 2.5a version of this for $39 on sale at CT a few months back. Don’t buy the 2.2, it’s under powered and wait for the 2.5 to go on sale. It has performed very well when I need it and has variable speed… also comes with some good accessories. Have used one of the cutoffs multiple times and it’s still performing.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
2127 posts
749 upvotes
omg after deduct 100$ it is still over priced about a few buckes, I remember I picked up this thing for lower $40, CT pricing is a scam, so can't be used as a benchmark for a deal.
<signature removed>
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1352 posts
930 upvotes
Toronto, ON
These multi tools are damn handy for flooring jobs or other jobs where you want to cut something flush with a flat surface.
GRAMMAR: The difference between "Feeling you're nuts." and "Feeling your nuts."
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2354 posts
2645 upvotes
gtror350z wrote: Pay a few bucks more for a Ryobi cordless multitool. Friends don't let friends buy heavily inflated Mastercraft products. You generally use a multitool for hard to reach places and having a cord with you defeats that purpose.
for most people who rarely use it why pay double and have to get a charger also. that’s just smart. ......
May 8, 2016
742 posts
1737 upvotes
napoleonbot wrote: omg after deduct 100$ it is still over priced about a few buckes, I remember I picked up this thing for lower $40, CT pricing is a scam, so can't be used as a benchmark for a deal.
This is correct. I remember the price I bought it is at $30 or $39.
Oct 29, 2010
440 posts
675 upvotes
Quebec
First oscillating tool I got was the 2.5 amp version of this (for 45 bucks lol), it was barely ok. 2 amps is weak but it depends what you want to do with it. Anyway, I'd say invest a bit more into something good.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
2074 posts
2276 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the 2.5A Mastercraft Multitool version and it was awesome, used it for gotta be close to 10 years and did everything i asked of it. I recently upgraded to the Dewalt 3A version however did that for the quick connect blades, other than that the Mastercraft was more than enough to do the job. I give credit where it is due, the 2.5A Mastercraft is a fine tool for the average joe.

That said do not know anything much about the 2.2A MAstercraft model, less power obviously so if you can wait till the 2.5A Mastercraft goes on sale that would be the sweet spot. It is only $10 more than the one on sale now, so on sale will be very similar in price. Canadian Tire tools go on sale very frequently, shouldn't be long till the 2.5A version is available for around the same price if you are able to wait.
Youth is the gift of nature, age is a work of art.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
1030 posts
2386 upvotes
It is an ok tool. I think I bought it for $29. It will be cheaper.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3910 posts
6254 upvotes
Langley, BC
Canadian Tire deals should only be posted when the discount is higher than 70% since 70% off means it's regular price.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7513 posts
8080 upvotes
Vancouver
dcxx wrote: It is an ok tool. I think I bought it for $29. It will be cheaper.
Same here. At under $30 it's a bargain on a very useful tool, complete with a small kit of blades and sanding pads. At $50, maybe not so much - the quality is fine, but the 2.2 amp version is a little light on power, The "regular" price is a ludicrous fabrication.
[OP]
Mar 25, 2018
64 posts
115 upvotes
Today I learned about the web of lies that is CT pricing. Thank you RFD, I think I going to avoid this purchase actually.
Oct 13, 2016
559 posts
685 upvotes
In a galaxy far far …
Yup. $29. Good tool at that price. I'd maybe pay $39 but I don't think I'd pay more for it. Typical Canadian Tire behaviour.
Jan 13, 2006
134 posts
28 upvotes
Burnaby
Agreeds its underpowered.
It worked okay for undercutting door jambs for a flooring job. I've tried to cut some bolts, and it struggles. Overall happy that I paid about $29 last year for it.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3078 posts
3038 upvotes
66% off? Yawn
Canadian Tire sales only get interesting at 80-95% off
Mar 7, 2002
212 posts
36 upvotes
was an ok tool for $39 until the variable speed dial broke and I can only go full speed.
Jul 5, 2017
168 posts
188 upvotes
35$ at princess auto. If you are going to buy mastercraft cheap, might as well get the right priced one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)