Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Mastercraft Multi Craft Tool (Cutting/Sanding/Sawing) 66% OFF! $149.99 - $100 = $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2021 8:41 pm
Feb 12, 2006
710 posts
97 upvotes
I don't even shop there anymore since they changed their return policy. No refund if the product has been opened. How else do you test to see if it meets your needs or not?
Good insults are hard to find. Why waste them on someone you don't like.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18119 posts
9180 upvotes
james-007 wrote: I don't even shop there anymore since they changed their return policy. No refund if the product has been opened. How else do you test to see if it meets your needs or not?
Lol this isn't a loan a tool program.

All the people that treat it as such raise prices for everyone. Someone has to pay for the item being returned, and that ultimately is paid by all of us.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1365 posts
607 upvotes
Toronto
I have this.... mediocre quality and I paid either 19.99 or 29 for it.

gets the job done....
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Walmart U.S. AT&T Group deal (kinda yay) + Freedom $19 plan for Nationwide calling 6gb data
Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X3
May 24, 2007
694 posts
849 upvotes
Kelowna
Picked up the better 2.5A for less than this last year. It's worked well but I think you can do better than this one for that price for sure. If you're wanting a multi-tool (and every weekend warrior should have one), I say wait for a better sale on the other one. This one has been as low as $29.99 before. Check this post from last year.
May 24, 2007
694 posts
849 upvotes
Kelowna
BTW, a great cheap hack for a multi-tool is a carpet blade. Seriously, pick yourself up some of these if you ever have to cut carpet or anything plastic.
Sep 5, 2008
995 posts
1083 upvotes
West Kelowna, BC
Hexxed wrote: BTW, a great cheap hack for a multi-tool is a carpet blade. Seriously, pick yourself up some of these if you ever have to cut carpet or anything plastic.

Really cool idea, I was wondering if I should keep the multi tool I got with my set or not... might be worth having it around for those odd times I have to trim carpet and door jambs. LOL =S
May 24, 2007
694 posts
849 upvotes
Kelowna
jerschwab wrote: Really cool idea, I was wondering if I should keep the multi tool I got with my set or not... might be worth having it around for those odd times I have to trim carpet and door jambs. LOL =S
Door jams are awesome with a multitool. So is cutting out drywall holes for plugs and switches. Also can be used to cut pipes, strip glue off old flooring tiles, cut 2x4's in half that are in the wall still when doing renovations, trimming off door and window shims, sanding tight spots, you name it. There's a good reason it's called a multi-tool. Since I got it, my Reciprocating Saw has barely left it's case.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2020
2300 posts
4325 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
TrevorK wrote: Lol this isn't a loan a tool program.

All the people that treat it as such raise prices for everyone. Someone has to pay for the item being returned, and that ultimately is paid by all of us.
The tool probably costs $5 from China. Yes there are those that abuse the return policy at stores, but CT should punish those people via tracking their CC info or Triangle rewards file, instead of just punishing all customers as a whole. CT has probably lost more customers and money from such a strict return policy, either due to customers that had one bad experience and never went back, or customers that would rather shop at another store (princess auto, home depot, lowes) with a better return policy. I know I'll never shop at CT for any appliance or power tools, and only consumables that I know I'll never return (Fluids, garbage bags, cleaning suppplies, etc).

If you buy a Ryobi multi tool and find out it sucks, HD will take it back in 180 days no questions asked. CT will give you the finger. No way I'm shopping at CT.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18119 posts
9180 upvotes
CanadianConsumerYEG wrote: The tool probably costs $5 from China. Yes there are those that abuse the return policy at stores, but CT should punish those people via tracking their CC info or Triangle rewards file, instead of just punishing all customers as a whole. CT has probably lost more customers and money from such a strict return policy, either due to customers that had one bad experience and never went back, or customers that would rather shop at another store (princess auto, home depot, lowes) with a better return policy. I know I'll never shop at CT for any appliance or power tools, and only consumables that I know I'll never return (Fluids, garbage bags, cleaning suppplies, etc).

If you buy a Ryobi multi tool and find out it sucks, HD will take it back in 180 days no questions asked. CT will give you the finger. No way I'm shopping at CT.
You cannot track people and their returns because those who abuse a return policy can simply switch credit cards, sign up again for loyalty programs, etc because any truly unique identifier (driver's license number) is no longer acceptable to store. And people who abuse returns know they are doing so, and are likely willing to do what it takes to keep doing it.

You're missing a big part of the CT advantage, their in-store warranty. Take a Keurig for example. Buy it from Walmart and you get 90 days to take it back, then you're stuck with the manufacturer for the remainder of the 1 year warranty. With some manufacturers you even pay for shipping one way (so you're out of pocket even though it's under warranty). Canadian Tire offers a free in-store exchange during the warranty period for most items and clearly labels this on their website (which is awesome for transparency). This is something few stores offer for the same period (Costco is the big competitor in this area).

The return policies at other stores are better, Canadian Tire is restrictive because they don't want people to treat it like a loan-a-tool program. But the in-store warranty at Canadian Tire is much better than most other stores.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38221 posts
24402 upvotes
Center of Universe
Wait for it to drop down to $29.99.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3601 posts
1684 upvotes
'Shwallywood
wardaddy wrote: 35$ at princess auto. If you are going to buy mastercraft cheap, might as well get the right priced one.
and a better return policy at PA
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1328 posts
829 upvotes
GTA
I have the 3A Maximum oscillating tool. It gets the job done but recently I tried my dad's corded Rigid oscillating tool (im not sure which model) and it's quieter and vibrates much less than mine.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13359 posts
12124 upvotes
springrain wrote: This is correct. I remember the price I bought it is at $30 or $39.
Agree. I got one around $30 a few years ago. I finally use it couple of months ago repairing a door jam.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.