Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

MAXIMUM 1/2-in Deep Impact Socket Set, 10-pc $19.99

  • Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2021 12:44 pm
89 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 21, 2010
5162 posts
4632 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP, just in time for tire swap. I cracked my cheap socket in winter.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 12, 2012
2830 posts
2474 upvotes
Toronto
fatestkid wrote: Thanks OP, just in time for tire swap. I cracked my cheap socket in winter.
These should be future proof and shouldn't break as they are Impact.
Newbie
May 10, 2008
72 posts
127 upvotes
North York
I just picked up a single deep socket this morning for almost the same price because this set didn't have the 22mm I needed... Sigh.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2010
1017 posts
460 upvotes
Canada
No 18, 22, 24mm. Very incomplete set!
.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1504 posts
8239 upvotes
Bought the metric ones to work on my cars a few years ago. Very solid. Highly recommended!
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1504 posts
8239 upvotes
zoso454 wrote: No 18, 22, 24mm. Very incomplete set!
Depends on your use cases. I haven't found the need for these three sizes to work on my cars.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
1269 posts
325 upvotes
Toronto
addicted2fresh wrote: I just picked up a single deep socket this morning for almost the same price because this set didn't have the 22mm I needed... Sigh.
Dont worry neither does this
Member
Oct 16, 2012
277 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm so surprised by the amount of viewers in this thread lol

Would this set be sufficient if I'm just adapting these sockets to a breaker bar than an impact gun?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2417 posts
3789 upvotes
Atlantic
PatMeGron wrote: Would this set be sufficient if I'm just adapting these sockets to a breaker bar than an impact gun?
Yes it will be fine.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 23, 2005
8850 posts
5331 upvotes
PatMeGron wrote: I'm so surprised by the amount of viewers in this thread lol

Would this set be sufficient if I'm just adapting these sockets to a breaker bar than an impact gun?
Yes. I have this same set I use for tire swapping each season with breaker bar, torque wrench and gun.
Sr. Member
Jul 15, 2003
811 posts
364 upvotes
GTA, Ontario
Silly question, why would I pick SAE over metric?

I need a socket for my Toyota RAV4 and I think online it says I need the 21mm one. I could use a set as a backup for the socket I have for my Honda Civic (I think it's 15 or 17).

Thanks!
Newbie
May 10, 2008
72 posts
127 upvotes
North York
porchemasi wrote: Dont worry neither does this
I know, that's why I had to buy the single. I was just grumbling out loud :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 12, 2012
2830 posts
2474 upvotes
Toronto
Dymis wrote: Silly question, why would I pick SAE over metric?

I need a socket for my Toyota RAV4 and I think online it says I need the 21mm one. I could use a set as a backup for the socket I have for my Honda Civic (I think it's 15 or 17).

Thanks!
21mm is the exact socket size but 13/16 SAE will also do fine. Since this set doesn't have 13/16 it's best to stick with metric.
Member
Dec 3, 2018
337 posts
786 upvotes
Dymis wrote: Silly question, why would I pick SAE over metric?

I need a socket for my Toyota RAV4 and I think online it says I need the 21mm one. I could use a set as a backup for the socket I have for my Honda Civic (I think it's 15 or 17).

Thanks!
US car brands tend to use SAE size bolts in their manufacture while non-US car brands almost always use metric. Actually in newer US cars they usually have a mix of SAE and metric sized hardware so you need two sets of tools (SAE and metric) to work on them. The size differences between the two are ever so different but some sizes are close enough to one another that SAE and metric tools may be used interchangeably.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2050 posts
4166 upvotes
Vancouver
boyoflondon wrote: Yes. I have this same set I use for tire swapping each season with breaker bar, torque wrench and gun.
Don't really need a breaker if you have an impact... redundant
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2050 posts
4166 upvotes
Vancouver
Dymis wrote: Silly question, why would I pick SAE over metric?
Would you use a imperial sized tool on a metric sized fastener?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 27, 2006
6139 posts
2880 upvotes
Cornwall PE
zobi123 wrote: 21mm is the exact socket size but 13/16 SAE will also do fine. Since this set doesn't have 13/16 it's best to stick with metric.
Not exactly but close enough as is 19mm to 3/4, 14 to 5/8, and a few others that escape at the moment.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309

Top