Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Maximum-1-2-in-drive-torque-wrench-24-combo $59.99

  • Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2020 9:58 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
1283 posts
1665 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Maximum-1-2-in-drive-torque-wrench-24-combo $59.99

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maxi ... 90490.html

remember this is an combo not just the wrench itself . as of my memory , it is the lowest price ever been .


also CT masterpass deals expired on April 29 .( if you buyer 125$ then get 25$ GC)

$25 Canadian Tire GC when you spend $125+ with Masterpass( detail in below link).
25-canadian-tire-gc-when-you-spend-125- ... s-2351933/
Last edited by ben2003 on Apr 23rd, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
79 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 15, 2011
41492 posts
6511 upvotes
Ymmv on price? Shows up as $199.98 for me.

Waiting on a deal for a 3/4 torque wrench and smaller sized breaker bar haha.
Proud to be an Indian.
__________________________________________________________________________
Incident/Cyber Breach Response|Malware Analyzer|Threat Intellligence
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
7138 posts
1182 upvotes
Toronto
Only one-year warranty? I thought the Maximum torque wrench had Lifetime, but the basic Mastercrap had just one year?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3738 posts
2057 upvotes
Inno wrote: Only one-year warranty? I thought the Maximum torque wrench had Lifetime, but the basic Mastercrap had just one year?
Not sure, but even if it did say lifetime warranty, it probably only applied to the physical tool and not the calibration.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
1890 posts
1568 upvotes
Toronto
I was hoping for this get on sale:
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maxi ... 91781.html

normally goes for $70; but I guess I'd save a bit as I just need 1 socket

as for the warranty, one of the reviews:

★★★★★
★★★★★4 out of 5 stars. Zig613 · 4 years ago
Warranty - ! Year or Lifetime
There appears to be a discrepancy in the warranty information. The CTC website says it has a 1 year warranty however, I just purchased this item and the packaging states "...this product carries a no time limited warranty... if found defective this product will be replaced free of charge."

✔ Yes, I recom


edit: as pointed out, this is a 4 year old review, from the User Manual it's showing 1 year warranty.
Last edited by neonic on Apr 23rd, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Member
Apr 17, 2015
444 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto, ON
All MasterCraft hand tools are lifetime warranty, regardless of maximum or not.

Also, I used to work at CT in the tool section in my younger days.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 22, 2005
3784 posts
2883 upvotes
Ottawa
^ That review was 4 years ago
Both the combo and the individual torque wrench say 1-year warranty. Some other tools still say lifetime so it might be dependent on the tools.

There's an RFD thread last year about CT Mastercraft tools no longer carry lifetime warranties - is it true and already in effect?
ct-end-lifetime-warranty-mastercraft-tools-2260177/

CT's policy states: Returns, exchanges or warranties on an item without a receipt may not be accepted. (source)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
1890 posts
1568 upvotes
Toronto
gumby wrote: ^ That review was 4 years ago
Both the combo and the individual torque wrench say 1-year warranty. Some other tools still say lifetime so it might be dependent on the tools.

There's an RFD thread last year about CT Mastercraft tools no longer carry lifetime warranties - is it true and already in effect?
ct-end-lifetime-warranty-mastercraft-tools-2260177/

CT's policy states: Returns, exchanges or warranties on an item without a receipt may not be accepted. (source)
Good call - I didn't notice the date.

Yeah on their user manual (PDF on page) also shows 1 year:
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Newbie
Dec 12, 2018
93 posts
78 upvotes
k9fire wrote: All MasterCraft hand tools are lifetime warranty, regardless of maximum or not.

Also, I used to work at CT in the tool section in my younger days.
Pretty sure Mastercraft Tools are no longer all Lifetime Warranty. Maybe a select few, but I'm fairly certain they ended the majority of it last year.
Another reason to go to Princess Auto and buy ProPoint stuff if you're just a hobby mechanic or whatnot. No sale is final at PA.
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 23, 2018
77 posts
67 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thanks, I will buy that and a jack as all garages are overbooked and it will be cheaper after a few swaps anyway !
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 27, 2011
3474 posts
1749 upvotes
Waterloo
Still hoping for a Princess Auto $20 sale for a 1/2 inch torque wrench!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
14312 posts
5504 upvotes
Ottawa
Since the torque wrench is effectively under $50, this is a good deal. I don't believe the Maximum Torque Wrench goes under $50 on sale.

I bought these two pieces separately and paid more for the combo.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1098 posts
370 upvotes
Vancouver
crystallight wrote: Still hoping for a Princess Auto $20 sale for a 1/2 inch torque wrench!
Just get this one. It's so much better compared to that. I had one of those $20 ones and I ended up getting this as well.

Top