Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

MAXIMUM 1/2-in Professional Grade Impact Socket Set, Metric, 18-pc no skipped sizes, $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2021 2:44 pm
May 10, 2016
564 posts
945 upvotes
Seks wrote: Any difference between using "deep" and, I guess, regular? When would you need to use "deep"?
It can be nice for lug nuts, but you can usually get away with short sockets for that. Deep is necessary for removing most nuts though. The stud would protrude from the nut and collide with the back of a short socket, preventing it from seating. And it's better to put the impact on the nut and hold the bolt head with a wrench than the other way around because there's less friction that way (and sometimes the bolt head isn't accessible by impact).
MadCanadian wrote: This one is specifically mentioned for having all 10-24mm sizes. The larger set still misses 16 and 23mm.
FWIW I've got the old version of the big set and have never missed the 16 or 23mm sockets. Those sizes just aren't used anywhere on the five vehicles I've maintained, and I've done lots of suspension work. I also really like having the short sockets. If you're just doing wheels it doesn't matter, but often the shorter socket can make the difference between getting an impact into a tight spot or not.

Also the smaller set doesn't include a wobble adapter. I would definitely recommend getting the larger set with short sockets and wobble adapter if you're planning on using it for suspension work. It would be nice if the bigger set came with a longer extension but the wobble + short extension combo is more versatile.
Last edited by Solarisphere on May 7th, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
8026 posts
4914 upvotes
West GTEH!
MadCanadian wrote: This one is specifically mentioned for having all 10-24mm sizes. The larger set still misses 16 and 23mm.
Very true. But isn't there the SAE equivalent in the set?
😎
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
6436 posts
3017 upvotes
Durham
Seks wrote: Any difference between using "deep" and, I guess, regular? When would you need to use "deep"?
Shallow (regular) sockets versus Deep sockets
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Nov 12, 2011
23 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
I think the it's the other way around, you can use the deep socket for everything, except when it's in a tight spot and you have to use a regular socket for clearance
Nov 12, 2011
23 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
FWIW I needed the 16mm socket when replacing my rear shock on my car
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1718 posts
10740 upvotes
bubbagumpshrimp2 wrote: I believe that Can Tire "sales" always start a day earlier in Quebec.
This has been proven to be true. Good to know.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
1047 posts
106 upvotes
Went to grab the 49.99 set here in YEG.

I literally was standing affront of the sets and decided to recheck this thread....ended up getting the 79.99 one thanks.to the chat on here.

Good old RFd effects.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
2602 posts
1340 upvotes
ON
Morphius909 wrote: Went to grab the 49.99 set here in YEG.

I literally was standing affront of the sets and decided to recheck this thread....ended up getting the 79.99 one thanks.to the chat on here.

Good old RFd effects.
Have you received the "spend $80 get $20 CTM" offer? This would sweeten that deal -- almost $60 for the 48 pieces set. I bought a $0.23 item as the add-on
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
1047 posts
106 upvotes
No. I had the 50-10 offer
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
17345 posts
4729 upvotes
Morphius909 wrote: No. I had the 50-10 offer
question..it is $49.99...do i need filler to get it over $50? not sure how does CT system work

i have the $10 off too and wondering if i should get filler..
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
May 6, 2016
452 posts
186 upvotes
Whitby
So much talk about wheel lugs when these impact sockets go on sale. If you are buying a set for just 1 size, head to your local Napa and grab that one socket that you need. Unless you are using the medium or high torque impact tools you don't need to spend the extra cash on impact sockets, a simple regular deep socket, a bar to loosen and then your M12/M18 1/4" Impact or equivalent will do the rest. Don't forget to grab the power fist torque bar when in goes on sale for $15 too. Winking Face
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
17345 posts
4729 upvotes
Cghall wrote: So much talk about wheel lugs when these impact sockets go on sale. If you are buying a set for just 1 size, head to your local Napa and grab that one socket that you need. Unless you are using the medium or high torque impact tools you don't need to spend the extra cash on impact sockets, a simple regular deep socket, a bar to loosen and then your M12/M18 1/4" Impact or equivalent will do the rest. Don't forget to grab the power fist torque bar when in goes on sale for $15 too. Winking Face
no Napa in Ontario and I only need the 21mm...
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jun 3, 2013
720 posts
1036 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote: no Napa in Ontario and I only need the 21mm...
Princess auto. $12.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1502 posts
943 upvotes
GTA
kiasu wrote: no Napa in Ontario and I only need the 21mm...
There's one in Mississauga but Crappy Tire sells singles too.
Dec 9, 2008
317 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
I need the deep sockets for both my cars' tires change, as the lug nuts are long, and they are somewhat recessed into the alloy rim.