Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] MAXIMUM 3/8-in Drive Impact Bolt Remover Set, 70% off

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2019 6:35 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 9, 2004
1515 posts
1258 upvotes
Upstairs

[Canadian Tire] MAXIMUM 3/8-in Drive Impact Bolt Remover Set, 70% off

In this week's flyer...
Great tools, life saver when you need it.
Works amazing on rusted rounded bolts.
Regular price is $69.99
Worth picking up at $19.99 as you will surely need it one day.
Image
FEATURES

MAXIMUM Drive Impact Bolt Remover Set is ideal for removing rounded off, painted over and rusted bolts and nuts
Made from high carbon steel
Black oxide surface provides greater strength and durability and prevents corrosion
Left-hand spiral flutes flat wrench, adjustable wrench or sockets
3/8" square drive for use with socket wrench or impact wrench
Works on SAE sizes: 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 11/16", 3/4"
Works on Metric sizes: 8 mm, 10 mm, 11 mm, 12 mm, 13 mm, 14 mm, 16 mm, 17 mm, 19 mm
26 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
8991 posts
7106 upvotes
Markham
I have this set, works well. But to be honest, 70% off is probably the regular price of this set. I cannot imagine this being a $90 item.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3790 posts
1333 upvotes
Montreal
I've had this for about 2 years now (bought at similar price). Good price (I guess), but it's 0/0 so far Astonished Face...
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 9, 2004
1515 posts
1258 upvotes
Upstairs
I agree the regular price may be inflated, but at $19.99 it's a steal. You can't find anything of equivalent quality at this price.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
6764 posts
952 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad its 3/8" drive, since most impact wrenches are 1/2" drive

Also it only goes up to 19mm. Most lug nuts are 21mm.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1177 posts
529 upvotes
Near GTA
Buying this off sale is painful. Pretty sure I had to pay 50-60 at princess auto. Plus the hassle of getting to the store. Buy this and leave the fancy case under your toolbox for that one day you’ll need it

FYI, this won’t take off overtorqued/corroded wheel bolts. I had a breaker bar and the pole to my jack for leverage and the 3/8s end broke off. 1/2 would be better
Member
Oct 15, 2012
253 posts
179 upvotes
Sudbury
Anikiri wrote: I have this set, works well. But to be honest, 70% off is probably the regular price of this set. I cannot imagine this being a $90 item.
Yes you are correct--70% still leaves acceptable profit margin for CTC--the regular is referred to "sucker pricing" on the inside. Seems people are starting to finally recognize this marketing ploy.
Member
Aug 3, 2012
393 posts
182 upvotes
AURORA
chrischris84 wrote: Buy this and leave the fancy case under your toolbox for that one day you’ll need it
That is what I did. Used it once since then and it paid for itself in 2 minutes.

Being able to use a ratcheting gearwrench on the outside hex is a huge plus and allows you to grab onto nuts and bolts in very tight spaces.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7981 posts
4205 upvotes
ON
chrischris84 wrote: Buying this off sale is painful. Pretty sure I had to pay 50-60 at princess auto. Plus the hassle of getting to the store. Buy this and leave the fancy case under your toolbox for that one day you’ll need it

FYI, this won’t take off overtorqued/corroded wheel bolts. I had a breaker bar and the pole to my jack for leverage and the 3/8s end broke off. 1/2 would be better
These have an outside hex so you can use an impact socket over them with 1/2" or bigger shank. Seems like a no brainer if you need to use a cheater bar for seized bolts and nuts that require enough torque that could snap a 3/8" drive.
Jr. Member
May 12, 2016
102 posts
121 upvotes
GTA
Inno wrote: Too bad its 3/8" drive, since most impact wrenches are 1/2" drive

Also it only goes up to 19mm. Most lug nuts are 21mm.
This 10pc 1/2 set is $19.99 (starting from April 5th)

Available in SAE (3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8 and 15/16") or Metric (8,10,11,12,13,14,15,17,19 and 21mm)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 18, 2006
2563 posts
1155 upvotes
Pothole city
Inno wrote: Too bad its 3/8" drive, since most impact wrenches are 1/2" drive

Also it only goes up to 19mm. Most lug nuts are 21mm.
Impact an 3/8"... For lug nuts, I have a 30" 1/2" breaker bar. I can add an extra 20" with a pipe if I want.
____________________________________________________
In the EV world, range is just an expensive option!
And range anxiety is an expensive problem...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7981 posts
4205 upvotes
ON
gardarik wrote: This 10pc 1/2 set is $19.99 (starting from April 5th)

Available in SAE (3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8 and 15/16") or Metric (8,10,11,12,13,14,15,17,19 and 21mm)
Those are normal impact sockets not extractors like the ones in this posted deal.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25216 posts
5467 upvotes
Serpentine wrote: Yes you are correct--70% still leaves acceptable profit margin for CTC--the regular is referred to "sucker pricing" on the inside. Seems people are starting to finally recognize this marketing ploy.
I think most people on here knew this long, long ago. However regardless $20 is a decent price for it so the "sale" aside, this would be the time to buy and not when you need it and it costs you $70 to get it. Now granted one might say you could buy and return it when it's $70, just to use it, but for most people that work with tools it's better to have it there when you need it than have to get an Uber or take the bus there or something when your car is half apart and you can't drive it lol. And trust me, I know that pain well.
Last edited by ES_Revenge on Apr 4th, 2019 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7981 posts
4205 upvotes
ON
typer100 wrote: Impact an 3/8"... For lug nuts, I have a 30" 1/2" breaker bar. I can add an extra 20" with a pipe if I want.
The only use I'd have for the 20" pipe would be to hit the dumbass who tightened the lugnuts that much to begin with.(assuming you can't take them off with the 30" breaker and you have put your purse down to begin with)

Top