[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1508 posts
8576 upvotes
MILTON

[Canadian Tire] MAXIMUM 4.5-in Thin Cutting Disc Set, 20-pc for $9.99

• MAXIMUM 4.5-in Thin Cutting Disc Set can be used on most angle grinders
  • Thinner, more durable design cuts faster and lasts longer than standard cut-off disks while ensuring burr-free cutting
  • Features aluminum oxide abrasive composition for quick and accurate cuts
  • Two sheets of fiberglass mesh for durability and safety
  • Applications include extended performance cutting in all types of ferrous metals
  • 7/8" bore
  • Includes a clear plastic storage case
  • Max RPM:13,300
  • Set includes: (15) 4-1/2" x 3/64" x 7/8" cut-off wheels for metal cutting , (5) ;4-1/2 x 3/64" x 7/8" thin cut-off wheels for masonry cutting and a clear plastic carrying case
Last edited by immad01 on Jul 3rd, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Oct 15, 2012
387 posts
412 upvotes
Sudbury
immad01 wrote:
  • MAXIMUM 4.5-in Thin Cutting Disc Set can be used on most angle grinders
  • Thinner, more durable design cuts faster and lasts longer than standard cut-off disks while ensuring burr-free cutting
  • Features aluminum oxide abrasive composition for quick and accurate cuts
  • Two sheets of fiberglass mesh for durability and safety
  • Applications include extended performance cutting in all types of ferrous metals
  • 7/8" bore
  • Includes a clear plastic storage case
  • Max RPM:13,300
  • Set includes: (15) 4-1/2" x 3/64" x 7/8" cut-off wheels for metal cutting , (5) ;4-1/2 x 3/64" x 7/8" thin cut-off wheels for masonry cutting and a clear plastic carrying case
$9.99 actually Mr. Sr.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1508 posts
8576 upvotes
MILTON
Serpentine wrote: $9.99 actually Mr. Sr.
My bad, before coffee situation

Fixed now
Feb 8, 2019
35 posts
16 upvotes
Honestly you're better off buying decent quality consumables for things like this, blades, drill bits etc.
Walter, Klingspor, Lennox, Jet.

Even if the tool itself is a budget brand.

You'll get much longer life from quality zip disks and they are less likely to explode
Nov 28, 2010
583 posts
355 upvotes
If you actually work with these a lot avoid them, buy Walter discs they are more expensive but last much longer from my experience
Apr 23, 2008
81 posts
117 upvotes
For a guy who does diy.. I need one blade per project if it lasts me that much.. this is perfect for 10 bux and some good options..
Aug 29, 2012
267 posts
193 upvotes
SURREY
I use these discs all the time. I just wish they didn't give you so many masonry disc. I've had discs of all brands explode, which is why I always wear eye and hand protection along with always using the guard. I know there's going to be times where the guard gets in the way. And taking the guard off will allow you to finish the job. That's when you need to be extra gentle and hope you have luck on your side.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1901 posts
1765 upvotes
savethebeer wrote: I use these discs all the time. I just wish they didn't give you so many masonry disc. I've had discs of all brands explode, which is why I always wear eye and hand protection along with always using the guard. I know there's going to be times where the guard gets in the way. And taking the guard off will allow you to finish the job. That's when you need to be extra gentle and hope you have luck on your side.
We go through a fair number of these. The masonry blades usually get binned. Just filler like the screwdriver bits in a socket set.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1837 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
Are they close to expiry date?
Sep 23, 2018
31 posts
22 upvotes
You get about 16 feet of 22GA cutting per disk, at that point it is too small to be used on sheet. Gives you idea for cost/value.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
3640 posts
994 upvotes
YWG
How much 🥔 heads does this come up to?
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)