Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

MAXIMUM Fibreglass Grade 1 Step Ladder, 6-ft - $99.99 ($50 off)

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2021 10:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6810 posts
4008 upvotes
Aurora

[Canadian Tire] MAXIMUM Fibreglass Grade 1 Step Ladder, 6-ft - $99.99 ($50 off)

For those looking for a simple step ladder, Canadian Tire currently has the 6-ft MAXIMUM Fibreglass Grade 1 Step Ladder at $99.99. $50 off the regular price of $149.99.
I have this ladder and it's extremely light and rock solid. I've never really liked those multi ladders though many do. Too heavy and bulky for my tastes. I much prefer to have a standard extension and a standard step.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4004 posts
1411 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Why the downvotes? Looking to replace my unsafe ladder with something new. Should I look elsewhere?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2174 posts
1182 upvotes
London
Slawek wrote: Why the downvotes? Looking to replace my unsafe ladder with something new. Should I look elsewhere?
They probably aren't reflective of the product or price, but just from people that can't handle that Canadian Tire sales indicate a high percentage off regular price.

This forum has a lot of CT bashing on that basis.
Everyone knows to buy on sale, and typically the sale price is pretty good.
It's been that way for decades, and it seems until that last few years people didn't have a problem with it.
Look at actual price, and ignore regular and % off.
Dec 1, 2011
36 posts
180 upvotes
AB
Since we are talking about ladder, I'm in the market for one as my spouse needs to hang a ceiling fan before summer comes.
Is $150 a reasonable price for a used Little Giant MegaLite 17 Multi-purpose Ladder? (the same one selling on Costco website) The reason I am asking it's because we only have a small 2-door sports car and that one seem to fit in the back for easy transport.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3686 posts
1913 upvotes
Vancouver
Labbit710 wrote: Since we are talking about ladder, I'm in the market for one as my spouse needs to hang a ceiling fan before summer comes.
Is $150 a reasonable price for a used Little Giant MegaLite 17 Multi-purpose Ladder? (the same one selling on Costco website) The reason I am asking it's because we only have a small 2-door sports car and that one seem to fit in the back for easy transport.
Why would you spend $150 for a one time job? How high is your ceiling? In my apartment if I climb on the dinner table I have to bend over in order not to hit the ceiling with my head...
Dec 1, 2011
36 posts
180 upvotes
AB
charlesd79 wrote: Why would you spend $150 for a one time job? How high is your ceiling? In my apartment if I climb on the dinner table I have to bend over in order not to hit the ceiling with my head...
It's 9 ft ceiling and we will be using it for outdoor Christmas lights (2 storey house) and changing light fixtures around the house etc.
The only reason I am considering the Little Giant is it's versatility and it's compact.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
3476 posts
2260 upvotes
Montreal
Labbit710 wrote: It's 9 ft ceiling and we will be using it for outdoor Christmas lights (2 storey house) and changing light fixtures around the house etc.
The only reason I am considering the Little Giant is it's versatility and it's compact.
Those are heavy as hell, I hate it when I have to use similar ones at work, getting tired just moving it around. 6' fiberglass ladder on the other hand, I can just grab and move it with one hand.
Penalty Box
Dec 7, 2020
150 posts
47 upvotes
jzmtl wrote: Those are heavy as hell, I hate it when I have to use similar ones at work, getting tired just moving it around. 6' fiberglass ladder on the other hand, I can just grab and move it with one hand.
i feel ya, totally
i prefer fiberglass ladder over any other "classic" ones as the weight does matter, A LOT.
Dec 26, 2018
56 posts
285 upvotes
Owned this for years. Great ladder. If you are patient you could get this for 75-80$ but if you need a ladder today this is an acceptable price.