[Canadian Tire] Maximum Fixed/Plunge Router $99.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2019 8:45 pm
[OP]
Dec 19, 2007
54 posts
33 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Maximum Fixed/Plunge Router $99.99

It like an annual event every year, the Canadian Tire Maximum router is on sale for $99.99, down from $269.99.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maxi ... 6810p.html

The MAXIMUM Fixed/Plunge Router is a great way to equip your workshop with two tools in one. The 11A, 2HP motor runs 11,000 - 25,000 RPM and features a tool-free motor lock and spindle lock so you can quickly switch between the 6" fixed base and 6-1/2" plunge base. The design includes ergonomic handles, and a low centre of gravity keeping you in control as you manoeuvre along your work.

FEATURES
  • MAXIMUM Fixed/Plunge Router features a powerful 11A, 2HP motor for heavy-duty applications and continuous use
  • Variable speed range of 11,000 - 25,000 RPM with soft-start, to suit the bit and workpiece at-hand
  • Great for free-hand edge work and jig work, and ideal for use with a router table with a maximum fixed-depth capacity of 1-3/4" and allows for adjustments as small as 1/64"
  • Ideal for mortising, stopped dados, inlay pattern work, and template routing with a maximum plunge-depth capacity of 2" and allows for adjustments as small as 1/256"
  • 8-slot self-releasing collets for superior bit retention and easy elimination of damaged bits
  • Rough and micro-fine depth adjustments for fast, precise and accurate set-ups
  • Choose the straight-edge guide for making parallel routs up to 1" apart or guiding the router along the edge of a workpiece; choose the template guide for making intricate cuts
  • Built-in LED work lights illuminate the work surface for greater visibility during routing
  • Clear base for better visibility and attaching template-guide bushings
  • Precision machined, solid die-cast housing and base for greater accuracy and durabilty
  • Dust extraction adaptors to connect to a vacuum and efficiently collect debris
  • Spindle lock and tool-free motor lock for fast base change
  • Includes: motor pack, plunge base, fixed base, 2 self-releasing collets (1/4 & 1/2"), dust-extraction adaptor (fixed-based), dust-extraction adaptor (plunge-base), chip shield dust collection attachment, collet wrench, and straight edge guide and pattern guide
  • Dimensions: 6" (15.2 cm) fixed-base, 6-1/2" (165 mm) plunge-base and 2" (5.1 cm) sub-base opening
  • Weight: 12 lb (5.4 kg)
Images
  • MAXIMUM_Router02.png
  • MAXIMUM_Router01.png
  • MAXIMUM_Router03.png
Last edited by Edgmc on Sep 16th, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
26 replies
Sep 10, 2012
79 posts
59 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Bought this last time for the same price. I also haven't used it.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3173 posts
2389 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
Anyone that has actually used this... thoughts?

I want a 2HP plunge, but Canadian Tire tools have always underwhelmed me
shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Jul 31, 2009
423 posts
162 upvotes
Ottawa
raskal wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 9:43 pm

It's a decent router for the price, i bought it at $110. Nothing comes close to it at this price point afaik.

I used it heavily during 2 projects and now one of the bearings needs replacing. It also doesn't handle larger router bits very well, lots of vibration. I would be careful running joinery or large diameter bits on it.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11765 posts
11380 upvotes
Oakville
There's this no name router from banggood for $48cad if you can ship to the USA, or $66cad shipped to Canada.
It claims to have 2200W (3hp) but I have no idea if it fits standard bits and accessories.
https://www.banggood.com/2200W-30000RMP ... ehouse=USA

Compared to this deal, it makes this deal look better given you'll have some warranty with CT, and it comes with more accessories. I might finally give in and buy this deal from CT.
Dec 24, 2007
652 posts
220 upvotes
Kingston
engineered wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 10:17 pm
There's this no name router from banggood for $48cad if you can ship to the USA, or $66cad shipped to Canada.
It claims to have 2200W (3hp) but I have no idea if it fits standard bits and accessories.
https://www.banggood.com/2200W-30000RMP ... ehouse=USA

Compared to this deal, it makes this deal look better given you'll have some warranty with CT, and it comes with more accessories. I might finally give in and buy this deal from CT.
That's a laminate trimmer / light duty trim router... No way it's 2200w and not even remotely close to the same tool as the op!
Feb 26, 2016
835 posts
176 upvotes
Vaughan
kylekersh wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 9:23 pm
Bought this last time for the same price. I also haven't used it.
ditto. me too.. bought a router bits too.. haven't even tried it to see if it works, lol.
Nov 30, 2008
203 posts
161 upvotes
Oro-Medonte
raskal wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 9:43 pm

I have three of these, two have seen pretty heavy duty in router tables, the other has been driving a big flattening bit in a router sled. I would definitely recommend them at $100 and have not had a failure so far.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1781 posts
934 upvotes
Kanata, ON
** In before anyone asks if you can flash DD-WRT on this router...

I've had this router for a few years and have used it a handful of times. Mostly on composite decking and softwoods, so this had plenty of power. Keep an eye out for the Maximum router bit set to go on sale likely a couple weeks after this router.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1892 posts
347 upvotes
Burlington
otaknap wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 10:35 pm
ditto. me too.. bought a router bits too.. haven't even tried it to see if it works, lol.
Me too - got it last fall (maybe 2 years ago?)! Sitting in a box in basement. Got a set of router bits for Christmas that I asked for! Purchased a couple of extra router bits from aliexpress.... but still in the box!
Feb 5, 2019
110 posts
119 upvotes
Sure hits home knowing I'm not the only one with this sitting in the box unused LOL.

I have a 1/4" hand held unit that was also a Mastercraft that has seen plenty of use. Everything from routing oak nosing to grooves for led lights in walnut. I'm quite surprised it held up with this kind of abuse.

If this unit is anything close to the one currently in use, money well spent imo.
Nov 10, 2003
711 posts
120 upvotes
Add me to the list of having purchased this during the last $99 sale. I haven't used it on a project just yet, but did take it out of the box to make sure all the parts were there and started it to ensure the motor ran.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1542 posts
483 upvotes
Edmonton
keep thinking I need one of these for 99. but I have a freud in the table and a bosch trim router. So I think I don't.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Nov 1, 2015
560 posts
391 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
MarvinMartian wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 7:53 am
** In before anyone asks if you can flash DD-WRT on this router...

I've had this router for a few years and have used it a handful of times. Mostly on composite decking and softwoods, so this had plenty of power. Keep an eye out for the Maximum router bit set to go on sale likely a couple weeks after this router.
Is that like a Global ROM?
What is flashing on a router?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3173 posts
2389 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
freewheelin76 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 1:26 pm
keep thinking I need one of these for 99. but I have a freud in the table and a bosch trim router. So I think I don't.
I'm in the same boat.
But one thing I can't do (at least not easily) with my existing routers is a mortise
shorter of breath and one day closer to death